GC for motherand father.

huslayer

Registered Users (C)
Hello,

I hope someone can help me..
I'm a US citizen and need to do a green card for my mother and father, they're over seas now, but they hold a B1 visa.

what's the best way to do it?? bring them in a visit and file for what? using what form?

or file while they're there?

Thanks

My mother came to the US using her B1 Visa, applied for green card and she got it in 3 months. Filling up the application forms consumed so much of my time and became so overwhelming that I finally gave up and hired a lawyer. If you have the patients, you can definitely apply without a lawyer. It may take days, weeks.

Assuming they don't get turned away at the POE, and merely denied entry instead of expedited removal.

File an I-130 and let them get an immigrant visa at the consulate. Out of curiosity, how do you plan on supporting them?

Both of them has B1 visa and they came here twice already, in business and visiting me before.

what do you mean by how to support them? I think our joint income is more than enough. me and my wife I mean...

how much is the minimium income to support them?

Thanks for stepping in and replying :)

Assuming they don't get turned away at the POE, and merely denied entry instead of expedited removal.

File an I-130 and let them get an immigrant visa at the consulate. Out of curiosity, how do you plan on supporting them?

what do you mean by how to support them? I think our joint income is more than enough. me and my wife I mean... how much is the minimium income to support them?

While the minimum required income is 125% of the poverty level, I can assure you that it's not fun living at this level. If they are elderly, what provisions have you made for their health care? This is the typical financial issue when sponsoring parents.

Health Insurance not required for green card

My mother does not have any health Insurance because no insurance company is willing to insure her due to her age. This was not at all a criteria when applying for green card and the officer did not ask any questions related to health insurance.

I do agree that it is an issue after getting the green card but it is definately not a condition for getting the green card.

Both of them has B1 visa and they came here twice already, in business and visiting me before.

what do you mean by how to support them? I think our joint income is more than enough. me and my wife I mean...

how much is the minimium income to support them?

Thanks for stepping in and replying :)

Go to www.uscis.gov and look at form I-864 and especially, I-864P for the HHS Poverty Guidelines. Your household is you, your spouse, any child(ren), mom and dad and anyone else living there that you support (in-laws, underage sibling, grandparent(s), indigent aunt or uncle, orphaned niece or nephew, etc...).