Gay Asylum

Lazerthegreat, why where u reading a gay asylum thread? I agree with Varayoc that you are still in the closet. :) afraid to be outed. Anyway Asylee is right! You think it is a joke what you said, But you are just being a BIGOT in the PUBLIC. Other LGBT folks here know that sharing their interview experience is very supportive and the fact that we can be granted asylum here is a life saver.

On a HAPPY note, I went to pick up my decision today at the San Francisco Asylum Office and I received my Approval Letter and new 1-94. EAD should be received in 7-10 days.

I am very Happy, Relieved and Blessed. 365 days to apply for GC!!! :)
Be strong everyone!
Be strong all LGBT family in here:)

Good to hear that tonton. Congra!

I was also told that i will get the EAD card within 7-10 days. I haven't received till to date. May be they already sent it and the mail got lost. I never enquired USCIS about it. I have never bothered about it anyways, since Asylees do not necessarily need EAD to work. I have already filed for i-485 and waitin and waitin and waitin....:) jk its been only 3 months since i filed..

BTW...I believe that being a gay is a matter of choice. I don' think it's natural to be born a gay. I am not homophobic though.

Enjoy your freedom!

Being gay is NOT a Choice!

I was also told that i will get the EAD card within 7-10 days. I haven't received till to date. May be they already sent it and the mail got lost. I never enquired USCIS about it. I have never bothered about it anyways, since Asylees do not necessarily need EAD to work. I have already filed for i-485 and waitin and waitin and waitin....:) jk its been only 3 months since i filed..

BTW...I believe that being a gay is a matter of choice. I don' think it's natural to be born a gay. I am not homophobic though.

Enjoy your freedom!

Thanks Kkebero. I am happy to be free
But just so you know, being gay is NOT a matter of choice. A person's sexual orientation can be determined by a lot of factors...both genetic and environmental (psychological , social ). Research does not know a specific cause, but they sure know that it is NOT a choice. However, even thinking that homosexuality has a cause is problematic. There is no cause actually. You just are who you are. And just like i cannot ask you if it is your choice to be straight. You just are straight. Now you may choose to be in a heterosexual or bisexual relationship and have heterosexual sex, because you want to enjoy the heterosexual privilege. I don't care. I choose to be honest about my sexual orientation, because I cannot be someone else. That is where choice comes in

[B]"The problem is that people often confuse sexual orientation with sexual behavior. Choosing to accept one's self without fear or shame is not the same as choosing one's sexual orientation. "[/B]

Why would anyone choose to be discriminated against and persecuted? I am really annoyed with such assumptions.

Anyway, this forum is not for that, but i guess some folks need the education.

Love to my LGBT housemates and their allies :)

Lazerthegreat, why where u reading a gay asylum thread? I agree with Varayoc that you are still in the closet. :) afraid to be outed. Anyway Asylee is right! You think it is a joke what you said, But you are just being a BIGOT in the PUBLIC. Other LGBT folks here know that sharing their interview experience is very supportive and the fact that we can be granted asylum here is a life saver.

On a HAPPY note, I went to pick up my decision today at the San Francisco Asylum Office and I received my Approval Letter and new 1-94. EAD should be received in 7-10 days.

I am very Happy, Relieved and Blessed. 365 days to apply for GC!!! :)
Be strong everyone!
Be strong all LGBT family in here:)

Congrats tonton!

Guys, did not mean to offend anybody. Everybody is free to do whatever makes sense for them.

Enjoy your freedom!

kkebero, how do YOU know its a matter of choice? Did you come to a point in your life when you decided to be straight? It is a ridiculous belief that it is something that people choose to do. You should go see MILK, with Sean Penn.... Maybe you will understand a little better...

It is NOT a choice. It is biological.

Congrats to you tonton!! The hard part is over.

Asylee questions.

hey guys,
Just a question or two. does anyone know how these asylee resettlement agencies work?Do I really need one of them? So far I applied for: Social sec. card,The EAD(automatic with approval),and Food stamps and medicaid as well as housing allowance. Is there anything else that i need to be applying for? My 30 days finish soon and i want to get everything in on time. Having said that,I need a job. Can anyone share how they have gotten jobs on here? Been a whole week since i have been approved and nothing seems to be coming my way.

Last edited by a moderator:
Gay Asylee and GC

hey to you all on this forum. i have some questions:

1.I qualify for GC in Dec 2009. Are there any documents I need to keep that will help my application (I.E. Bills showing my address)?

2. Is it true that you can return to COP after naturalization?

hey to you all on this forum. i have some questions:

1.I qualify for GC in Dec 2009. Are there any documents I need to keep that will help my application (I.E. Bills showing my address)?

2. Is it true that you can return to COP after naturalization?

Yes just keep some proof of your one year residence from the date of the asylum grant.