Further Action

You can also use the attached document

This is the document to send around for public info.

Last edited by a moderator:
Great! I am about to send mails to the congressman (Dick Gephardt), and I 'll definately attach it.

BTW, the congressman replied to my first email letter, in a very timelyfashion, with USCIS response that they are experinceing backlog with all kinds of application...blah blah...but the truth is the processing timetable clearly shows 485 is the one that suffers the most. I am glad now I can response with some solid evidence - our lawsuit is the best argument...

Originally posted by hidden_dragon
Great! I am about to send mails to the congressman (Dick Gephardt), and I 'll definately attach it.

BTW, the congressman replied to my first email letter, in a very timelyfashion, with USCIS response that they are experinceing backlog with all kinds of application...blah blah...but the truth is the processing timetable clearly shows 485 is the one that suffers the most. I am glad now I can response with some solid evidence - our lawsuit is the best argument...

Good. Go for it!

I based on the sample letter from srohit:
http://boards.immigration.com/showthread.php?s=&postid=637106#post637106

You can state your personal hardship, and attach the lawsuit public statement.

From reading the post on the forum, the typical response is:
the backlog exist for all types of application and everybody. The current processing time is Aug 2001 (NSC), so unless your RD is before that, there is nothing they can do...it would be unfair to ask INS to process your case in front others in the line..

Be prepared to fight such response, since what BCIS is doing is ILLEGAL!

Advocacy Software

Is this software working correctly? I filled in my letter and my contact information and clicked next. The contacts provided were 2 Senators as well as the President and the Vice-president. It did not bring up the Congresswoman as a contact. I'm in Florida. When I was done, emails had been sent to the 2 Senators, the President and the Vice-president, but not the Congresswoman.

Re: Advocacy Software

Originally posted by w8nc
Is this software working correctly? I filled in my letter and my contact information and clicked next. The contacts provided were 2 Senators as well as the President and the Vice-president. It did not bring up the Congresswoman as a contact. I'm in Florida. When I was done, emails had been sent to the 2 Senators, the President and the Vice-president, but not the Congresswoman.

Let me have it checked.

Re: Advocacy Software

The same thing happened to me. It sent letters to President, V.President and 2 senators but not the congressman. I live in Atlanta, GA. I sent it before the newyear.

-

Originally posted by w8nc

It looks like President Bush's call for immigration reform may have some positive benefits for us all. Apparently, President Bush wants to increase the amount of green cards issued, particularly, employment-based. Let's hope so!!!

Since this immigration reform still needs to be written by our legislators, I think we should all join the efforts and write to our congressmen to act.

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tm...p/20040107/ap_on_go_pr_wh/bush_immigration_32

Originally posted by lisainaz
It looks like President Bush's call for immigration reform may have some positive benefits for us all. Apparently, President Bush wants to increase the amount of green cards issued, particularly, employment-based. Let's hope so!!!

Since this immigration reform still needs to be written by our legislators, I think we should all join the efforts and write to our congressmen to act.

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tm...p/20040107/ap_on_go_pr_wh/bush_immigration_32

It actually does not look very promising for any people other than undocumented/illegal workers already in USA. But, too early to say. We should wait and watch (and act when needed).

What you are saying is actually misleading. We don't need more visa numbers - all categories are current at this time. Rather we don't want to add the workload of an already snail slow system. As Mr khnna pointed out, this proposal does no good to people other than undoumented workers or illigal immigrants.

But the White House also said that workers accepted into the temporary program could immediately, with an employer's sponsorship, begin applying for a green card.

This shows how much the whitehouse understands about immigration issue in US. Why bother to be a legal immigrant and go through labor certificate? Let's all become illegal, undocumented workers! and get green card faster!

About alloting more green card issuing per year, obviously whitehouse/Bush is not aware the fact that INS/BCIS/USCIS couldn't handle what they've got now.

All these are politics, and none of these people really cares about our, the legal or illegal immigrants' benefit. So we need fight for our own good. We need get our voice through the mainstream. Since Bush are breaking the 9/11 silence, I thinkt it's the time we should tell people the truth about US immigration!

I agree we should write to legislator again, but not to support this bullshxxt Bush suggested, rather to tell them to solve the current problem about legal immigrant first. Bush is doing this purely for election, for employers that likes cheap labors, for hispanic voters

There is nothing wrong about that - this is how the games are played in US. We just need have our influence conveyed somehow. I always though the employment-based legal immigrant community should be a strong force (becuase of potential donation?). But why can't we attract any attention? what are the immigration bodies doing for us? or is there any such body (except immigrationportal of course)?

But the White House also said that workers accepted into the temporary program could immediately, with an employer's sponsorship, begin applying for a green card.

This shows how much the whitehouse understands about immigration issue in US. Why bother to be a legal immigrant and go through labor certificate? Let's all become illegal, undocumented workers! and get green card faster!

About alloting more green card issuing per year, obviously whitehouse/Bush is not aware the fact that INS/BCIS/USCIS couldn't handle what they've got now.

All these are politics, and none of these people really cares about our, the legal or illegal immigrants' benefit. So we need fight for our own good. We need get our voice through the mainstream. Since Bush are breaking the 9/11 silence, I thinkt it's the time we should tell people the truth about US immigration!

Naah. Let us keep perspective and focus. We support people getting legal, but NOT AT THE EXPENSE OF LEGAL IMMIGRANTS, JUST BECAUSE BUSH WANTS THE HISPANIC VOTES. The illegal immigrants have lived here for years. We should legalize them. But put more resources in the system to handle the load.

I agree we should write to legislator again, but not to support this bullshxxt Bush suggested, rather to tell them to solve the current problem about legal immigrant first. Bush is doing this purely for election, for employers that likes cheap labors, for hispanic voters

......I always though the employment-based legal immigrant community should be a strong force (becuase of potential donation?). But why can't we attract any attention? what are the immigration bodies doing for us? or is there any such body (except immigrationportal of course)?

We are it. But we are enough. We just need to get better organized. I think we are getting there.

Originally posted by operations
... Let us keep perspective and focus. We support people getting legal, but NOT AT THE EXPENSE OF LEGAL IMMIGRANTS, JUST BECAUSE BUSH WANTS THE HISPANIC VOTES. The illegal immigrants have lived here for years. We should legalize them. But put more resources in the system to handle the load.
I strongly agree.
I support Bush's new program IF and ONLY IF enough resources will be put in the system to handle the load including the current backlog.
And, these resources have to be used to eliminate the current backlog at first
as Bush said, "Third, we should not give unfair rewards to illegal immigrants in the citizenship process or disadvantage those who came here lawfully, or hope to do so. "

Any single application of new Temporary Worker Program shoud not be processed until EB I-485 backlog will be eliminated.

Last edited by a moderator:
More questions than answers

Bush's Immigration reforms!!

Posted also in the other forum threads.

Opinions

Courtesy of "www.immigration-law.com"

01/07/2004: Bush's Immigration Reform Program and Unanswered Questions

Even though the announced Bush immigration reform program is far from being perfect, this web site generally wecomes the move.
This program, however, seriously neglects to answer one question
which has been considered a fundamental flaw in the immigration management system, to wit, immigration backlogs. The current
immigration system has already reached the level of backlogs which are admitted by the four corners of the society unacceptable.
The President promised years back that the processing time would be reduced to "six months" in five years by pumping in $500 million.
Despite the pump-in of money, the record reflects that the processing times have moved in reverse direction. The system is seriously
clogged! In the announcement, the President emphasized that the proposed program should not give an unfair advantage to the
illegal immigrants over the legal immigrants who have been waiting in a long line of waiting and waiting. The suggestion is admirable
that the new immigrant workers should not be pull ahead of other immigrants in the processing queue. Fair enough! What about its
impact on the existing backlog, SIR? The President should have answered this question and the proposed immigration reform program
should have incorporated this part of reform as the fundamental issue. Since millions of people are expected to benefit from the
President's proposal, the President should have worked out the improvement of the immigration system that can accomodate the
increasing caseloads of millions on top of the existing backlog.
Arguably, the existing backlog is caused by the need for fight on terrorism and security clearance system. Everyone admits at this
point of time that such need may not disappear in the near future.
This reporter wonders what kind of plan the President has to face this issue. Without doubt, the President will ask the Congress to
allocate a substantial money to accomodate the increased
caseloads. Would money resolve the issue, though? Many will doubt whether the existing backlog in the immigration system is solely
related to the insufficient funds. The immigration system has
already heavily relied on user charge funds and not tax money. There has been no change in the clogged system! This web site
wishes to hear from the President his plan for reform of the management system in parallel with the announced immigration reform
plan.

I think, this article captures the essence of the whole thing. Use it in your press/media contacts.