FP notice for 9/2003 applicant

johndow

Registered Users (C)
I am so surprised to receive the FP notice today. My I-485 receiving date is Sept 2003. The notice is sent from my local INS, not from Lincoln. I am the derivative from my Hunsband. His date is Feb 2003 and have not gotten any FP notice. I don’t know why that happens so soon.
What will be the procedure after FP? How long does it usually take from FP notice to final approval? Thanks.

I got one too....

Hi everyone,
This is a great forum. I have found this site 2 days ago and must say it is nice to share with others. I have gone through the threads and couldn't help contributing.
I read lot of guys are now receiving FP notices . I don't know what's happening ....coz i got one too. Don't match with the INS web site processing timelines though..

Asylum approval 08/2000
I-485 ND: 11/2001
Got fingerprint notice today..
Don't know what's next?

It doesn't mean much probably. They are just going through all applications and fingerprinting them to make sure none are terrorists..If your fingerprints are a hit then i guess they move on you and get you locked up...

I know many of other applicants..employer based etc who applied 3 months ago and have gotten fingerprints!

here is my story
I485 received date: 29 april 2004
Fingeprint Notice date: 14 June 2004

Wonderful but i don't think it does mean anything :cool: .

There is 150000 in line and there is only 10000/year available.
My best guess is every 15 months they will ask us to do fingerprint and pay the fee for that... :rolleyes:

In case they are doing fingerprints to check who is terrorist and who is not, the thing is that they do fingerprints before asylum interview also. So if they had any concern why it cannot be resolved right there and then even before doing an asylum interview.

Honestly I was very excited about my FP's but it seems like now that does mean anything. My timeline is

I-485 received date: Oct. 2000

FP Date: May 04, 2004

Lazerthegreat said:
In case they are doing fingerprints to check who is terrorist and who is not, the thing is that they do fingerprints before asylum interview also. So if they had any concern why it cannot be resolved right there and then even before doing an asylum interview.

Honestly I was very excited about my FP's but it seems like now that does mean anything. My timeline is

I-485 received date: Oct. 2000

FP Date: May 04, 2004

mine is 2000 oct too, still nothing...errrr :(

inconsistencies in RD, FP and initial case filling date

Apart from the RD, I think BSCIS is also considering other factors such as when the case was filed. I’m reading all these postings about the inconsistencies, but no one is disclosing the initial date the case was filed. The thing is my case was filled in late 1996, got a court date for March 1997 but was postponed 3times. Finally had a hearing on Feb 2003 and was granted asylum after waiting for 7yrs.. My petition shows the initial court date March 1997 and was signed by the judge on Feb 2003. I filed my I-485 with all the necessary paperwork on Feb 2004 and on June 20th received FP notice for July 10th. It makes sense since people in my situation waiting did not have any control on when the case would be heard. .. Does anyone have a similar case?

ronis said:
here is my story
I485 received date: 29 april 2004
Fingeprint Notice date: 14 June 2004

Wonderful but i don't think it does mean anything :cool: .

There is 150000 in line and there is only 10000/year available.
My best guess is every 15 months they will ask us to do fingerprint and pay the fee for that... :rolleyes:

Which office did you submit your I485 ?