FP and biometric

This is the best answer so far:
wantmygcnow said:
BIometrics is USCIS's way to pump the Greencard UP YOUR ASS so that it makes forever harder for you to retrieve it..Thtas why they call it BIO-Metrics!...

In serious terms, Biometrics is...Fingerprints and pictures? i
:D

I don't think that they take pictures during this Biometric session. Its just another fancy word for "fingerprinting". Thats about it.

This is new experiment to track people. As you might know when some new medicine is developed , it is first tested on rats and then goes to market ;)

I think this is a way for USCIS to do backlog reduction..Biometrics will be taken of you now so you they dont have to taken after you do your stamping in my opinion...CAn anyone check for the "code" on your biometrics request? IT will be either 1 2 or 3.

Here is more info on USCIS biometrics:

On most occasions the system does not show the completion of biometrics on I-485 applications. The receipt notice contains a number (1, 2, or 3); depending on the type of biometrics that should be associated with each Form type.

Biometrics and Fingerprints are needed for the I-485, but they will not be entered under the I-485 receipt number because the biometrics can be used for more than one application.

If an applicant did not have biometrics taken for each receipt number, he/she can set up another appointment with the ASC (the applicant will not have to pay another fee), or the adjudicator may send a Request for Evidence (i.e. for fingerprints).

So what this is saying is that maybe in future, Travel Documents, IAD etc will have Biometrics associated in them...SO USCIS is getting yours while they give you your GC...That way they dont have to give you your GC and then a year later ask you to come back again for biometrics..In my opinion..

Last edited by a moderator:
Just got notice today for "biometrics" ...code 2 ..does anyone knows what it means code 2

Lazerthegreat said:
I don't think that they take pictures during this Biometric session. Its just another fancy word for "fingerprinting". Thats about it.

hmm,, I think all these RFI and Biometric about is that one day INS woke up and realized that our Medical were too old and our photos looked too young...

nothing fancy

How long more should we wait?

I just got letter for biometric. Do you guys have any idea how long should I wait until I did the biometric thing? Plus what should I bring or show to INS for biometric? Please share the experience especially for people who has done the biometric thing. Thank's

Biometric notice

Guys, thanks for having this helpful discussion. I am so releived to know that other people have got this biometric notice too.

Did anyone out there had their biometric done? Mine is scheduled for 5th april.