Forgot to send passport photos with N400

gcWAC127

Registered Users (C)
I recently sent my N400 form to USCIS and forgot to attach the photos with the form. My processing center is Phoenix. I have the following questions

1) Will I get the entire packet I sent to USCIS back asking me to refile with the missing documents? Or will there be some notice asking me to send just the photos?

2) How long will it take for them to get back to me on the missing photos?

Thanks

Please take photos to your N-400 interview.

1) Will I get the entire packet I sent to USCIS back asking me to refile with the missing documents? Or will there be some notice asking me to send just the photos?

2) How long will it take for them to get back to me on the missing photos?

By mistake I sent my backup copy of my N-400 application which did not contain my signature on the last page. Within a week I got a rejection notice telling me that they cannot accept an application without a signature.

The rejection notice looked generic and also reminded me that I should include payment and photos. I think if you're lucky you might get told to bring pictures to the interview but more likely you'll get rejection notice like me.

When I forgot to sign the application, they returned the entire packet. BTW, it was very neatly packaged and a letter from the office mentioning that the app has been pre-processed.

I would not worry too much, apart from it causing possible delay in process.

My entire package got returned to me (rejected). It took about 2 weeks, they didn't cash my check and didn't send an NOA. I believe they rejected my application because my passport photos weren't up to the specifications. I got the boilerplate rejection notice.

Update
Thanks all for your responses, I was waiting for USCIS to respond. I just found out that they cashed my cheque. Does that mean that they will still process my case without the photos or ask me to send them at a later date? I hope they do not reject it and ask me to reapply by repaying $675!

Update
Thanks all for your responses, I was waiting for USCIS to respond. I just found out that they cashed my cheque. Does that mean that they will still process my case without the photos or ask me to send them at a later date? I hope they do not reject it and ask me to reapply by repaying $675!

If they have cashed the check (and you get a receipt notice subsequently), that is an indication that they will be processing your application.

When you get an interview letter it is usually accompanied by a checklist with photographs mentioned on it. Make sure you carry the photographs at the time of the interview.

Thanks everyone for your inputs. I got my receipt today. The notice says my case is with National Benefits Center, however when I check the processing times with NBC I do not see anything for N400 can someone shed light on this please.
Thanks!

Thanks everyone for your inputs. I got my receipt today. The notice says my case is with National Benefits Center, however when I check the processing times with NBC I do not see anything for N400 can someone shed light on this please.
Thanks!

You need to check processing times for your DO, not NBC.

How do I know whats my DO? I live in Sunnyvale CA and I sent my application to Phoenix. There is one in San Jose and one in San Francisco, I assume DO is the local field office

How do I know whats my DO? I live in Sunnyvale CA and I sent my application to Phoenix. There is one in San Jose and one in San Francisco, I assume DO is the local field office

First find out your DO by your zip code on uscis locator:

https://egov.uscis.gov/crisgwi/go?action=offices.type&OfficeLocator.office_type=LO

Then verify processing time for DO on uscis website.

http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis/menuitem.5af9bb95919f35e66f614176543f6d1a/?vgnextoid=97e19c337879d110VgnVCM1000004718190aRCRD&vgnextchannel=54519c7755cb9010VgnVCM10000045f3d6a1RCRD

I just found out that they cashed my cheque.
I hope they do not reject it and ask me to reapply by repaying $675!

From memory of reading the instructions it said "if it is unsigned they **will** send it back, but if other documentation is missing then it **may** be returned with the check."

My take on that is they will begin the process and at the point they need the photos they will ask for them. I think I recall reading a post here a few weeks back and the person was told to bring the photos to the Finger Print appointment. Can't find the post though.

I would not worry about the cashed check as I doubt that the missing pics are sufficient to take the money, cancel that application and make you start again.