forgot date on N-400

big-bird

Registered Users (C)
I sent my n400 application to the Dallas lockbox facility a few days ago and was talking to my wife yesterday about the dates i put on and realized i forgot a two days trip we made in Canada 3 years ago .
Will the application be denied and sent back to me to correct that when they receive it in Dallas or they don't check that at the facility and I will need to wait until my interview to let the IO know of the mistake ?
Thanks for the answers

Thanks for letting me know

Just out of curiosity , what do they do exactly at the lockbox facility when they receive the applications ?

They make sure you signed it, accept your CORRECT fee (if either is missing--they reject it) THEN they data enter it (they use scanning technology) and send it on its way to NBC.

And that is where the case is handled for most of the time before being transfered to a local field office .
Right ?

Correct. However, the file is not really examined in detail until the interview itself.
While the file is at the National Benefits Center, the basic background checks are completed (the fingerprint check, the FBI Name Check), and then the case gets transferred to a local field office.

Hello everyone.
I sent my application early in January but I made a mistake on my birthdate while i filled out the paper. So they return my application and asked me to refill another one. I was so disappointed of my sefl and sad too.
But I sent another one last saturday 02/05/2011. I also fill out the G-1145 form but still didnt receive anthing yet...I'm so stress and scare since i already made a mistake the first time.....
Did anyone know if my application process will be different since it was return to me the first time???
How long is it take before they cash my check???

Day 00: 02/05/2011 - AOS package sent via USPS express mail
Day 03: 02/06/2011 - Package Received (signed at locbok DALLAS)

Hello everyone.
I sent my application early in January but I made a mistake on my birthdate while i filled out the paper. So they return my application and asked me to refill another one. I was so disappointed of my sefl and sad too.
But I sent another one last saturday 02/05/2011. I also fill out the G-1145 form but still didnt receive anthing yet...I'm so stress and scare since i already made a mistake the first time.....
Did anyone know if my application process will be different since it was return to me the first time???
How long is it take before they cash my check???

Day 03: 02/06/2011 - Package Received (signed at locbok DALLAS)

Right now it seems to take about 10-14 days to get a NOA (receipt notice with a case number) after N-400 is submitted. So you should expect to get something around Feb 15-20, and maybe a little earlier if you are lucky.
The fact that your previous application was returned should have no effect on what happens to this application.

By the way, what's with your math? If 02/05/2011 is Day 00 (when you mailed the application), how come you count 02/06/2011 as "Day 03"? It seems that it should be "Day 01" instead.

Hello everyone.
I sent my application early in January but I made a mistake on my birthdate while i filled out the paper. So they return my application and asked me to refill another one.

Did they specify that the incorrect birth date is the reason they rejected it? Or are you assuming that is the reason?

OK last mistake , in part 6 about my residence in the last 5 years , we moved to our current home in MAY 06 and lived in another place before .
Instead of putting for the previous place JAN-04 to MAY -06 , i made a mistake and put JAN-06 to MAY-06.
I am probably worrying too much about it , but is it something as well I'll be able to correct at the interview ?
I believe that is the only mistake left LOL

OK last mistake , in part 6 about my residence in the last 5 years , we moved to our current home in MAY 06 and lived in another place before .
Instead of putting for the previous place JAN-04 to MAY -06 , i made a mistake and put JAN-06 to MAY-06.
I am probably worrying too much about it , but is it something as well I'll be able to correct at the interview ?
I believe that is the only mistake left LOL

Yes, you can correct this at the interview. The IO will go over every item in the N-400 with you and you can fix the errors then.

yes they sent me a rejection notice saying that Im not yet 18 so I cant apply. I put 2006 isntead of 1980 for my birthdate while I filled out the first time. So I re-submitted a new applycation saturday 02/05/2011. Still waiting...

Day 01: 02/06/2011 - Package Received (signed at locbok DALLAS)

A question to those that have had interview before, like i mentioned before , there are two corrections i will need to make at the interview .
Right after swearing , should i ask the IO if i can provide the correct info , or wait until he or she reviews the N-400 form ?
I just don't want to give the IO the impression that i am interrupting his/her interview on my terms , but i don't want either the IO to feel that i am trying to hide something.
Once again i am probably stressing for nothing , but that's me, i am probably going to go to the interview with 5 pounds of documentations ;)

A question to those that have had interview before, like i mentioned before , there are two corrections i will need to make at the interview .
Right after swearing , should i ask the IO if i can provide the correct info , or wait until he or she reviews the N-400 form ?
I just don't want to give the IO the impression that i am interrupting his/her interview on my terms , but i don't want either the IO to feel that i am trying to hide something.
Once again i am probably stressing for nothing , but that's me, i am probably going to go to the interview with 5 pounds of documentations ;)

Sorry, but you are beginning to sound like a 13-year-old going to their first date. -:)

The IO must follow a certain specified protocol for conducting a naturalization interview. In particular, the IO will go over every item in N-400 with you, whether you ask for it or not.

Sorry, but you are beginning to sound like a 13-year-old going to their first date. -:)

The IO must follow a certain specified protocol for conducting a naturalization interview. In particular, the IO will go over every item in N-400 with you, whether you ask for it or not.

More like a recent college graduate going to his first job interview :)

To be clear about what i wrote , i am not saying at all that the IO should give me a special treatment during the interview and i understand they have to follow procedures the same way for everyone.
What i was wondering, is if the couple of correction i need to make , i should wait until he/she goes through my N400 application or if right after i stand up to swear i should provide the info .

What i was wondering, is if the couple of correction i need to make , i should wait until he/she goes through my N400 application or if right after i stand up to swear i should provide the info .

OK, to be more blunt: you are worrying yourself over nothing and it makes very little difference which of the two ways you do it.

To the small extent that it does make a small difference, I suggest that you wait until the IO goes through the N-400 with you and bring up the corrections then. The IOs are primarily bureaucrats and they are mainly interested in going through the case quickly and with a minimum of distractions and interruptions. They have their routine to follow and you should let them follow it. If you jump at the IO at the start of the interview with the info about you having made this or that minor mistake in the form, you are not going to get any extra points for honesty but you will have to repeat the same things again when the IO does go through the form line-by-line with you.
So just wait until the IO goes through N-400 with you and when you reach the appropriate section, calmly tell them that, by the way, you realized at home that you made this or that minor mistake there. The IO will correct the info then and that will be that. Nobody, I mean NOBODY, will hold it against you that you did not jump at the IO with this info at the very start of the interview. On the other hand, if you can't help yourself and will do the latter anyway (I mean jump into an explanation about having made this or that minor mistake at the very start of the interview), the worst that could happen is that the IO will be annoyed with you for interrupting the flow. Ultimately that will have zero effect on the outcome of your case as well.

OK, to be more blunt: you are worrying yourself over nothing and it makes very little difference which of the two ways you do it.

To the small extent that it does make a small difference, I suggest that you wait until the IO goes through the N-400 with you and bring up the corrections then. The IOs are primarily bureaucrats and they are mainly interested in going through the case quickly and with a minimum of distractions and interruptions. They have their routine to follow and you should let them follow it. If you jump at the IO at the start of the interview with the info about you having made this or that minor mistake in the form, you are not going to get any extra points for honesty but you will have to repeat the same things again when the IO does go through the form line-by-line with you.
So just wait until the IO goes through N-400 with you and when you reach the appropriate section, calmly tell them that, by the way, you realized at home that you made this or that minor mistake there. The IO will correct the info then and that will be that. Nobody, I mean NOBODY, will hold it against you that you did not jump at the IO with this info at the very start of the interview. On the other hand, if you can't help yourself and will do the latter anyway (I mean jump into an explanation about having made this or that minor mistake at the very start of the interview), the worst that could happen is that the IO will be annoyed with you for interrupting the flow. Ultimately that will have zero effect on the outcome of your case as well.

Thanks for the advice , i'll do what you said and wait until we get to the part that needs correction and bring it up .