• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

For those that like to argue about statistics...

No - I don't have the data split out (like we do in 2013 because of the CEAC data). However, if 100 selectees go in the top of the DV mixer, and 50 drop out the bottom with visas, the 50 that got lost includes give ups, no shows, AP that never finish and denials.

Ok check this out :
AF 62000 - 30% didn't proceed with forms to kcc remeber= 43400 -
45% failures and didnshow up to interview
= 23870
Its all because it includes family members

Dude, where are you getting those numbers from?

Remeber we all guessing lol
My guess about 30 don't follow up is about most africain countrie they do not
Have the means to check and understand the dv process technology not available
As in eu !
Now failure rate we all now + - fraud, doc missing, false declaration, ext ..
Oh yeah and I read on kennyan thread that they highered the level of the high
School diploma ...
So I predicted those numbers

Just an opinion remeber :)

Remeber we all guessing lol
My guess about 30 don't follow up is about most africain countrie they do not
Have the means to check and understand the dv process technology not available
As in eu !
Now failure rate we all now + - fraud, doc missing, false declaration, ext ..
Oh yeah and I read on kennyan thread that they highered the level of the high
School diploma ...
So I predicted those numbers

Just an opinion remeber :)

OK - well you end up with a 38% success rate whereas 2011 was 47%. You have a point about Kenya BUT Kenya only represents 7% of the AF selectees. There will be other changes too such as the perceived "attraction" of the USA now compared to 2011 - and something like that could decrease the don't bother rate.

So - thanks for explaining your method, but I don't think I'll be buying the beers... ;)

OK - well you end up with a 38% success rate whereas 2011 was 47%. You have a point about Kenya BUT Kenya only represents 7% of the AF selectees. There will be other changes too such as the perceived "attraction" of the USA now compared to 2011 - and something like that could decrease the don't bother rate.

So - thanks for explaining your method, but I don't think I'll be buying the beers... ;)

Ok simon the beers is on me :)
But what about asia rayme is all sad about my estimation for asia, I mean
Looking at the cut offs we can see all the region are respacting the ''normal''
Pace, but asia ones are scary I don't know what's going on in there!
In asia doesn't experience a double big jump there will a tsunami in there :( ?
For all if we compare to 2011 dv.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok check this out :
AF 62000 - 30% didn't proceed with forms to kcc remeber= 43400 -
45% failures and didnshow up to interview
= 23870
Its all because it includes family members

Africa has the highest fallout rate as we know, and even on your numbers that was a final fallout rate of 61.5%, less than what you would have to assume for the entire DV selectees across the world this year to make it to all current...

I'm surprised that the numbers are included derivatives in that case my family and I account for about 8% of the selectees in my country lol

Ok simon the beers is on me :)
But what about asia rayme is all sad about my estimation for asia, I mean
Looking at the cut offs we can see all the region are respacting the ''normal''
Pace, but asia ones are scary I don't know what's going on in there!
In asia doesn't experience a double big jump there will a tsunami in there :( ?
For all if we compare to 2011 dv.

Yes, Asia progress is much slower than expected. If you look at the Ankara embassy web site it still list AS27 as interview in Jan 14 which is suppose to be in Oct 13. So something much be blocking the usual progress. Will know more next VB.

Yes, Asia progress is much slower than expected. If you look at the Ankara embassy web site it still list AS27 as interview in Jan 14 which is suppose to be in Oct 13. So something much be blocking the usual progress. Will know more next VB.

Or AS27 checked only his status and sent his forms to KCC late in November and was scheduled an interview in January.

When comparing the number of interviews with last year dv13 in Ankara, it seems there are less people interviewed this year, while the monthly cutoffs are higher vs. last year. This can be a good sign for high CN numbers in Turkey.

Is it the only low case or is there more similar numers like as 27?

When comparing the number of interviews with last year dv13 in Ankara, it seems there are less people interviewed this year, while the monthly cutoffs are higher vs. last year. This can be a good sign for high CN numbers in Turkey.
Do you have a link to last year for Ankara? In Warsaw, a similar situation occurs.

Do you have a link to last year for Ankara? In Warsaw, a similar situation occurs.

Not for Ankara but it is available for Varsaw. You just type the month and year in the http address. It is case sensitive, so you need to put a capital letter for the first letter of the month.

Not for Ankara but it is available for Varsaw. You just type the month and year in the http address. It is case sensitive, so you need to put a capital letter for the first letter of the month.
For Warsaw I have data with DV08-DV14. You talked about Ankara.

Simon it can't be including I'm sory if I'm keeping u awake late this time I'm shaking my self.
But taking extra 40k this year is including family is just an aberration in my
Understading ! I think they experiencing a new fiasco again ?????

Ok simon take 61k selectees fro af incl derivatives:
Now out of this 61k minus:
-20% hole
-30% family numbers
-20% didn't send form back.
So how many real cases in there?

And if u still minus 30% failure rate (which is very probable) for AF than
It will go current !
This method can work on all the other regions + - the percentage !

Is it the only low case or is there more similar numers like as 27?

Yes, I think there is 3 case # in Jan interviews in Ankara is less than 100.

Situation with AS numbers in Ankara is different (from Warsaw). They assign Iran to 3 consulates - Ankara, Yerevan and Abu Dabi. They do it in chunks, so this month they could assign almost everybody from Iran to one consulate, and next month almost everybody to another consulate. That happens every year. That has nothing to do with Sloner effect. You cannot expect AS interviews in Ankara to go smoothly - that is Iranian effect. You could expect the sum of AS numbers in all 3 consulates to go smoothly only, but we do not have schedule for the other 2 consulates from the group.
But, for instance, EU numbers in Ankara are not affected by Iranian effect.

Last edited by a moderator:
Situation with AS numbers in Ankara is different (from Warsaw). They assign Iran to 3 consulates - Ankara, Yerevan and Abu Dabi. They do it in chunks, so this month they could assign almost everybody from Iran to one consulate, and next month almost everybody to another consulate. That happens every year. That has nothing to do with Sloner effect. You cannot expect AS interviews in Ankara to go smoothly - that is Iranian effect. You could expect the sum of AS numbers in all 3 consulates to go smoothly only, but we do not have schedule for the other 2 consulates from the group.
But, for instance, EU numbers in Ankara are not affected by Iranian effect.

Agreed for AS. I forgot there were other consulates processing Iran.

It seems there are less EU interviews in Warsaw. Do you think it is a good sign, or pretty much irrelevant because not significant enough on a statistical standpoint?