• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

For the DV 2013 lucky ones and future entrants.

I have a question, is the interview date will be communicated, I mean is necessary to be 4 to 6 weeks, or it can be more than that (let's say two months) as the longer the period of notification, the better for me to organize and prepare.

I have a question, is the interview date will be communicated, I mean is necessary to be 4 to 6 weeks, or it can be more than that (let's say two months) as the longer the period of notification, the better for me to organize and prepare.
As a winner of DV-2012, I was notified on December 9 for my interview on February 23. That's 11 weeks minus one day.

Military records

hey brothers,
am from tunisia and am a winner for the dv lottery 2013.
i just want to ask about the military records that we have to provide the day of the interview...and am 25 years old and in the last year of engineering studies...plzzz help me brothers i need help

what kind of copy that i have to provide???
and thank you in advance...

hey brothers,
am from tunisia and am a winner for the dv lottery 2013.
i just want to ask about the military records that we have to provide the day of the interview...and am 25 years old and in the last year of engineering studies...plzzz help me brothers i need help

and thank you in advance...

are you or were you ever in the military? if no then nothing is needed.

Wrong surname...

are you or were you ever in the military? if no then nothing is needed.

thank you brother...
this is so kind from you...

i have a question...

in my passport my surname is "xxxxxe" and in the application in wrote it "xxxxxx" so do i have to do my passport again or i have to send it with right way like in the passport in the forms DSP230 and DS 122??!!!

answer me plzzzzz help....

thank you brother...
this is so kind from you...

i have a question...

in my passport my surname is "xxxxxe" and in the application in wrote it "xxxxxx" so do i have to do my passport again or i have to send it with right way like in the passport in the forms DSP230 and DS 122??!!!

answer me plzzzzz help....

well that is a silly mistake to make. the key here is that all documents like the education as well as passport and birth certificate need to read the same.

a single letter extra or missing should not be an issue in a normal case unless fraud is suspected.

I would suggest put the surname as it actually is on the passport. better to be truthful then try and make a new one.

Wrong surname...

well that is a silly mistake to make. the key here is that all documents like the education as well as passport and birth certificate need to read the same.

a single letter extra or missing should not be an issue in a normal case unless fraud is suspected.

I would suggest put the surname as it actually is on the passport. better to be truthful then try and make a new one.

so brother do i have to write the right surname on the forms 230 and 122 or i have to change my passport.

because changing the passport here is a very bad operation and takes a long time and they can not change it some cases...

i don't know what to do...

i some forums they told that i have to change it on the forms 230 and 122 better than changing the passport...

anyone have the same case or knows someone who has this problem...

i need help i didn't send the froms yet plzzz...

I am from tunisia and am a winner for the dv lottery 2013.

From http://www.travel.state.gov/visa/fees/fees_5455.html?cid=9662 , the country-specific instructions for Tunisia (they forgot to put the title "military records", but there is text about it):

"Available. The Bitaket Sirah is merely a discharge certificate issued to anyone who performed military service. It does not include a conviction before a court-martial. Crimes committed while performing military service will appear in the ordinary police records. Applications for Tunisian military discharge certificates should be addressed to the Ministere de la Defense Nationale (Tunisian Ministry for Defense), Tunis."

so brother do i have to write the right surname on the forms 230 and 122 or i have to change my passport.

because changing the passport here is a very bad operation and takes a long time and they can not change it some cases...

i don't know what to do...

i some forums they told that i have to change it on the forms 230 and 122 better than changing the passport...

anyone have the same case or knows someone who has this problem...

i need help i didn't send the froms yet plzzz...

i suggest you put the correct name as it is in the passport.

no am just cahnging the passport to the surname that i wrote in the application for the dv lottery that's better no???!!

There's many more documents needed than just your passport, like your birth certificate, bank details etc. All of which need the same last name... Wouldn't you rather just be truthful and change the forms? Rather than basically changing everything in your life that has your name on it (which may not even be possible..) I'd rather be truthful and honest about it and hope they agree, rather than lie and be pulled up on it and then definitely not granted the visa..

There's many more documents needed than just your passport, like your birth certificate, bank details etc. All of which need the same last name... Wouldn't you rather just be truthful and change the forms? Rather than basically changing everything in your life that has your name on it (which may not even be possible..) I'd rather be truthful and honest about it and hope they agree, rather than lie and be pulled up on it and then definitely not granted the visa..

Arab countries are famous for writing the names in slight variation when translated from Arabic to English (eg Mohammed, Muhamed, Mohamed.etc. )

I honestly believe as Jessie says it better to be truthful and just enter the correct name in the DS forms if its just the "e" than i see no real issues.

Dears... i am from syria but i moved to a neighboring country a couple of months back due to the unrest taking place in syria. in addition, the american embassy closed in syria and all syrians are supposed to have their interviews in Amman. the question i have is: should the documents i submit on the interview day to the embassy of Amman be attested by the Syrian Ministry of Foreign Affairs and the Jordanian Ministry of Foreign Affairs, or will they accept the documents as long as it is all original. in other words, do they know and trust how documents from Syria look like or should it be attested by syrian and jordanian authorities to be accepted?

one more question, would they accept a police certificate that has been issued 4 or 5 months before the interview date?

please help or direct me to any website that would provide some information on this...

thanks a million

Dears... i am from syria but i moved to a neighboring country a couple of months back due to the unrest taking place in syria. in addition, the american embassy closed in syria and all syrians are supposed to have their interviews in Amman. the question i have is: should the documents i submit on the interview day to the embassy of Amman be attested by the Syrian Ministry of Foreign Affairs and the Jordanian Ministry of Foreign Affairs, or will they accept the documents as long as it is all original. in other words, do they know and trust how documents from Syria look like or should it be attested by syrian and jordanian authorities to be accepted?

one more question, would they accept a police certificate that has been issued 4 or 5 months before the interview date?

please help or direct me to any website that would provide some information on this...

thanks a million

I am Syrian living in Qatar, I have won the lottery, and got all the documents attested by the ministry of foreign affairs in Syria and they should accepted as any agency in the world accept the attested documents, I got attested documents to apply for my CPA exams, however, what confuse me is the documents state that we should get Police certificate and criminal record, and in Syria you get not convicted certificate which include both, I don't know if you know different information. please help me if you do.

I am Syrian living in Qatar, I have won the lottery, and got all the documents attested by the ministry of foreign affairs in Syria and they should accepted as any agency in the world accept the attested documents, I got attested documents to apply for my CPA exams, however, what confuse me is the documents state that we should get Police certificate and criminal record, and in Syria you get not convicted certificate which include both, I don't know if you know different information. please help me if you do.

if it has both that should be fine.

I need help

My Case Number is 2013AF00011### and when should i expect my interview date?

And can i start my medicals and police report right now?

I ask KCC to reschedule my interview to January 2013 because of my CN, will they do it?

My Case Number is 2013AF00011### and when should i expect my interview date?

And can i start my medicals and police report right now?

I ask KCC to reschedule my interview to January 2013 because of my CN, will they do it?

your interview would be this year with a low CN like that. even if they schedule you lets say in December then you still can call the embassy in which your interview is to be held and request to delay to the date suitable to you.

I can't wait for my interview to be scheduled, almost every day I am checking the status of my application, and some one told me that maybe my interview will be held on October, and I can't wait

Wait is killing me :)

your interview would be this year with a low CN like that. even if they schedule you lets say in December then you still can call the embassy in which your interview is to be held and request to delay to the date suitable to you.

thanks