• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

For the DV 2013 lucky ones and future entrants.

Dear Members

Praise the Lord the Visa’s for the whole Family and me have been approved.

Just a five minute interview will post details soon.

This is the most wonderful news. Congratulations to you and your family!!!!

Q

Interview Experience

Our Interview was at 1 and we arrived at the Embassy early at 12.15 or so. My wife and my two kids along with me

After security checks we got the first numbers and were called in at 1.

At the first counter a local requested all our papers one by one original and copy. Sorted them all into individual files asked us if we had an affidavit of support to which I said no I will go based on own assets. She asked us go and pay the fees 330 x 4 and then to wait.

A few minutes later we were called for finger printing and asked to sit again.

At around 1.50 we were called to the window for the interview. It was a very pleasant lady there at the counter.

The first thing she did was give back my original documents which I guess she would have already have reviewed in the 40 minutes or so.

The Interview as best as I can remember.
CO : I will start the interview now.
Me : Sure great.
CO : These are your kids?
Me : Yes
CO : How old are they?
Me : 9 and 14
CO : Ok they may stand aside now.
CO : This your wife?
Me : yes
CO : please raise your hands and Swear that you will tell the truth and that your papers are correct to the best of your knowledge
WE : we swore and signed the papers. I had to sign for the kids.
CO : So who won the DV?
ME : ME
CO : Where did you apply from?
ME : here
CO : Great, Have you been married before? (Both to my wife and me)
We : NO
CO : Have you registered all your kids? Do you have any kids other then these two?
WE : No
CO : When did you marry?
CO : Where did you get married?
CO : Which university did you do your Bachelors from? What was the major?
CO : Which university did you do your Masters from? What was the major?
CO : All your professional qualifications are from the USA did you live there before?
ME : No I did visit for the exams only
CO : What Visa were you on?
ME : B1/B2
CO : Is it Valid
ME : Yes for me and my wife the kids had expired.
CO : Ok Great I think you have all that’s required. I am going to approve your visas right away. They will be valid for 6 months
ME : Thank you
CO : Congratulations, can I have your valid B1 visas I need to cancel them. You may not hold 2 types of visas at the same time.
WE : gave them and stamped cancelled
CO : Take this paper and give it at the DHL counter outside. They will deliver your visas to you.
WE : Thanks once again.
CO : you are welcome, Bye.

We proceeded to the DHL counter gave the papers and were informed that we could expect the package in a week to 10 days.
Along with the passports will be a I think they said yellow sealed envelope that we should not open or else it would delay us at the port of entry.
We then left the embassy in glorious praises to the great Lord our God to whom all this come. Praise be to his name!

Thanks to alll the members for the great contibutions that had me well prepared at the interview.

Congrat

Our Interview was at 1 and we arrived at the Embassy early at 12.15 or so. My wife and my two kids along with me

After security checks we got the first numbers and were called in at 1.

At the first counter a local requested all our papers one by one original and copy. Sorted them all into individual files asked us if we had an affidavit of support to which I said no I will go based on own assets. She asked us go and pay the fees 330 x 4 and then to wait.

A few minutes later we were called for finger printing and asked to sit again.

At around 1.50 we were called to the window for the interview. It was a very pleasant lady there at the counter.

The first thing she did was give back my original documents which I guess she would have already have reviewed in the 40 minutes or so.

The Interview as best as I can remember.
CO : I will start the interview now.
Me : Sure great.
CO : These are your kids?
Me : Yes
CO : How old are they?
Me : 9 and 14
CO : Ok they may stand aside now.
CO : This your wife?
Me : yes
CO : please raise your hands and Swear that you will tell the truth and that your papers are correct to the best of your knowledge
WE : we swore and signed the papers. I had to sign for the kids.
CO : So who won the DV?
ME : ME
CO : Where did you apply from?
ME : here
CO : Great, Have you been married before? (Both to my wife and me)
We : NO
CO : Have you registered all your kids? Do you have any kids other then these two?
WE : No
CO : When did you marry?
CO : Where did you get married?
CO : Which university did you do your Bachelors from? What was the major?
CO : Which university did you do your Masters from? What was the major?
CO : All your professional qualifications are from the USA did you live there before?
ME : No I did visit for the exams only
CO : What Visa were you on?
ME : B1/B2
CO : Is it Valid
ME : Yes for me and my wife the kids had expired.
CO : Ok Great I think you have all that’s required. I am going to approve your visas right away. They will be valid for 6 months
ME : Thank you
CO : Congratulations, can I have your valid B1 visas I need to cancel them. You may not hold 2 types of visas at the same time.
WE : gave them and stamped cancelled
CO : Take this paper and give it at the DHL counter outside. They will deliver your visas to you.
WE : Thanks once again.
CO : you are welcome, Bye.

We proceeded to the DHL counter gave the papers and were informed that we could expect the package in a week to 10 days.
Along with the passports will be a I think they said yellow sealed envelope that we should not open or else it would delay us at the port of entry.
We then left the embassy in glorious praises to the great Lord our God to whom all this come. Praise be to his name!

Thanks to alll the members for the great contibutions that had me well prepared at the interview.

Praise be to God,Congrat

I'm just so happy for you and your family. You were an active member of this forum and I hope you will still remain with us here. So where are you heading to??? All the best..

They should have released this results mid-night when most people would be sleeping!:p Everyone is wide awake now, in order to check their result, that is why the server is saying overloaded.