For Samird re:return to home country

Asylee13 said:
For those interested ,my home country is India. and yes i need to have some kind of legal status to renew my passport or get a new one. My old passport will show expired visitor visa so they will ask for my current status.They hate people who apply for asylum.

India, China and pakistan are countries who tend to keep track of asylum seekers.. they usually have told the officers to watch out for people who had previously applied and now are seeking benefits such as passport renewal... but a lot of times pakistan embassy overlooks that. I don't have much knowledge of india and china. China is known to give trouble to poeple who have even become US citizens.. obviously they would know by your US passport saying country of birth.

that really sucks, I'm sorry that getting a passport for you guys is so problematic, in my country consulate, you just show an ID and that's it, in ten minutes you walk out with the passport in hand, no questions asked.
Why do they care about the status?? .....if my country consulate asked about my status..I'd go " it is none of your bussines "......every citizen have the right to have one.
someboy share opinions.

let me ask a question to you guys.
Say, for example i need to go for an emergency visit to my home country. Do i have to take a visa using my RTD from home country consulate? Will they not ask for a passport?

Asylee13 said:
let me ask a question to you guys.
Say, for example i need to go for an emergency visit to my home country. Do i have to take a visa using my RTD from home country consulate? Will they not ask for a passport?

You should call your consulate and ask, some countries specifically require visas with these RTDs; others are more lenient and don't.

Getting a passport expired is not losing your home citizenship.This means you don't need to renew your home passport to go home.you can go home with your expired passport and renew it at home where you're gonna be legal.This helps you avoid any use of GC for passport renewal purpose.