For folks who applied I140 before 12/31/2004 but not approved yet

I had also been weighing lot of things before I went ahead.Its a slightly risky one for you. But think about the alternatives. You might have to wait a while before the EB3 becomes current.

And since your dates are current with the other one, you might get your GC if the I-140 clears.

I also can understand that if something goes wrong, you wife would not be able to work. But the issue is we are stuck on a security review...not any other review with our education or companies in which case we would have got an RFE.

So my suggestion would be to take the risk and go for an upgrade.

Punjabi,

My 485 also got approved yesterday. Thanks for all the encouragement you guys provided.

any updates on you case?

No change. if USCIS touches my case, they will most probably issue an RFE and that will definitely result in a denial as the company is now closed. As long as the case is pending, my I-485 will be active and I can renew my EAD/AP as long as I want.

I do have a parallel process going. But even that has run into problems as the first I-140 got denied (attornies screwed up). The second I-140 is pending since April 2008. Long way to go.:mad:

No wonder I have friends in this forum. Same with my old case. Only relife is that my second I 140 got approved. God knows what is going on with my old case.

my 140 is approved

To give you guys some hope my i140 approved on january 2nd.its eb3 my priority date is 12/2002

I applied another 140 in eb2 through the same employer in 2005 that was also approved on jan 15th

you guys also receive good news soon.hope for the best

now iam in the process of lining my eb2 140 approval with my 485 so i can get my gc