Follow To Join....

Status
Not open for further replies.
I got the receipt notice for 824. What is the next step???

Please suggest....thank you

crazygal,

Next step is

If you are from india get all the required docs for initiating the FTJ case (See previous threads for the required docs for initating the FTJ case or send email to consulate)

Many of the indian consulates will initate the process with 824 recepit.

Thanks,
RM

Thank you RM... I am going to India so I can post the required docs from there itself.

Thanks again,

Before you leave make sure that u have collected all the required docs.Also we have to mail only.They do not accept the packet by hand.
If ur PD is near by you got to hurry up a bit ..

Thanks,
RM

Got reply from chennai

Rammy,
Thank you very much for your advice ;Got Email reply from Chennai ;
They wrote : expect an interview in the month of December !!

------------
Today ,I received my 824-Receipt Notice (applied on Aug 28th 07);
Date on Receipt was 3rd Oct ,it took one month to open the application
it seems.

Bhooshan

---------------
If your Date is Current, Chennai Consulate Customer Service might tell you approximately when can you get an appointment.
The thing which get more delayed are Police clearance Certificates.
You need both from Local Office and passport Office. So I advise you to start on that right away. They are valid 1 year from the date of issue.

Thanks a lot!

Thanks a lot Bisdak! I'm going via MNL consulate too. Kabayan ka pala :D

I just got my GC in the mail today, so Q#1 is no longer relevant :)
From the list you have given below, the only thing that I do not have ready is the I-140 approval and I-824 receipt. So I'll file I-824 ASAP and get a copy of I-140 from my employer.

So in your case, how long did it take from the date your wife submitted the accomplished packet 3 to her actual approval? My PD is also current as per latest visa bulletin.

And lastly, what's the email address to where you wife sent her requirements?
All I can see in the website are phone numbers and addresses.

Thanks again in advance! :)

Kidd,
Some consulates create the case for follow to join even before I-824 approval. It depends on which consulate your wife will be processing. For MNL consulate which was for my case, my spouse just sent email and scanned copies of birth certificates, marriage certificates, green card, I-140 approval (for priority date establishment) and copy of I-824 receipt (not yet approved, only filed at that time). We never got reply email from embassy but we got our Packet 3 in the mail in 3weeks even if I-824 case was still pending at that time. However, priority date was already current at that time. If you are processing thru MNL consulate, here is useful info for you on how to contact the embassy and the papers you need to send :

http://manila.usembassy.gov/wwwh3226.html

Good luck! I got this same information from this forum when we were starting out and it has helped us a lot in expediting our papers.

place of admission & class of admission ???

Thanks booshan and h1_forever.

Hi kamrans, rm, rammy, booshan, h1_forever and all ....

I have a question and i thought i wud seek you guys help in that ...okay first of all, another little-anticipated result on my wife's visitor visa - got denied ... yeah ! i am going back to india on Oct 30th i already booked the ticket ....

Now, I am applying for I-130 before I leave ..... there is this one damn question which I could not find the answer. which is

Question : (i put it in exact words from the I-130)
---------------
B.

14. If you are a lawful permanent resident alien, complete the following :

Date and place of admission for or adjustment to lawful permanent resident and class of admission.
------------------------------------------------------------------

i know the date which is in GC.... are they asking the place where i got my GC stamped ... it was Norfolk, VA immigration office ????? what about the class....

please let me know if u know .... bcoz my search in google and many a sites did not work !!!!!!

Thanks all - My good luck to all you people to bring your life partner sooner and Sure :)

Good luck Mega for your wife's OCT 15th interview.I was shocked after reading your post and started thinking about whole scenario carefully.
Your posts served as a reality check and I took quite sometime in devising my strategy!! Good luck once again.

Bhooshan.

hello H1_forever,

you may want to check my previous posts ... kamrans, rm101, rammy, usnycus and few others know wot happened to my situation well .... but the situation or happening was not a good one .....
I WAS IN THE SAME DAMN BOAT !!!!!! please read below ...
i dont want to make you worry ..... but my posting might give you idea wot cud happen also ....... my wifes immigrant visa was denied in the ftj interview in chennai consulate...... after waiting 2.5 yrs.... just bcoz my gc 'residence since' date was earlier than my wedding date..... though my 485 approval NOTICE date was after my wedding date ..... i mean to say that... I CAME TO KNOW ABOUT MY GC APPROVAL AFTER MY WEDDING ONLY .... but somehow the gc was approved before my wedding and thats what they WOULD COUNT ACCORDING TO ME !!!!!!!!!!! .... it was unforgettable pain and lot of stuck i have to encounter now .... and i am planning to go at the end of this month to india for almost good ......

Additional question for Bisdak or anybody

Additional question for Bisdak or anybody. Is the I-140 approval notice really required to create a case in the Consulate?

Because Bisdak mentioned that it's needed to "establish one's priority date", but I just got my I-485 Approval Notice in the mail today and I noticed that is also contains my priority date info.

Can I just use this instead? As I haven't heard back from my employer yet if they are willing to give me a copy of my I-140 Approval Notice. Thanks again. :)

Mega,
First sorry to hear the news. The denial is expected, no possible reason will convince the immigration office for Visitor Visa in our case. That too the if the interview is in India its more futile. But its worth the try because all options are exhausted.

Date and place of admission for or adjustment to lawful permanent resident and class of admission.

Class of Admission will be your EB Class. If your class is EB3, you put it as E3.It is in the GC.
Place of Admission, you can either use the Port of Entry when you first entered. If you didn't leave the Country you can use the Immigration Office.

I wish you good luck. Hope things will work out soon.

Rammy..

Thanks booshan and h1_forever.

Hi kamrans, rm, rammy, booshan, h1_forever and all ....

I have a question and i thought i wud seek you guys help in that ...okay first of all, another little-anticipated result on my wife's visitor visa - got denied ... yeah ! i am going back to india on Oct 30th i already booked the ticket ....

Now, I am applying for I-130 before I leave ..... there is this one damn question which I could not find the answer. which is

Question : (i put it in exact words from the I-130)
---------------
B.

14. If you are a lawful permanent resident alien, complete the following :

------------------------------------------------------------------

i know the date which is in GC.... are they asking the place where i got my GC stamped ... it was Norfolk, VA immigration office ????? what about the class....

please let me know if u know .... bcoz my search in google and many a sites did not work !!!!!!

Thanks all - My good luck to all you people to bring your life partner sooner and Sure :)

Good luck Mega for your wife's OCT 15th interview.I was shocked after reading your post and started thinking about whole scenario carefully.
Your posts served as a reality check and I took quite sometime in devising my strategy!! Good luck once again.

Bhooshan.

When I called them long they asked for it.
Just send what ever you have. Since its the stage before calling for the interview, you should be fine.
But make sure that you have it ready for the interview. By not sending you are wasting valuable time.
Remember until you are in their System, they wont call for interview.
So send the the Docs ASAP so that you can create a case for you.

Additional question for Bisdak or anybody. Is the I-140 approval notice really required to create a case in the Consulate?

Because Bisdak mentioned that it's needed to "establish one's priority date", but I just got my I-485 Approval Notice in the mail today and I noticed that is also contains my priority date info.

Can I just use this instead? As I haven't heard back from my employer yet if they are willing to give me a copy of my I-140 Approval Notice. Thanks again. :)

Congrats. My wife got visa as well. Thanks for the help from you and other guys here. This jounery is over. Wish you guys have best luck. God bless us forever!

My wife finally got the visa. Thanks everybody who helped me in this journey. I will be here from time to time to help others.

Good Luck.

You can file FTJ for your spouse. The steps are below. If you read this thread you will know all details about it. The brief steps are below:

1) File I-824 for your spouse. You can download it from USCIS website.
2) As soon as you get a receipt notice you can open up a case with consulate. Since your GC is already approved your spouse might get the visa before I-824 approval. It all depends on the consulate.

Just a follow-up question on this post. If # 2 happens (wife gets her immigrant visa before the I-824 approval). Does she have still have to wait for I-824 to be approved before she could go to the states?

I'm just concerned about this given the long processing times for I-824. Current bulletin shows it takes around 9months :(

I dont think so..

HI ,

I dont think so ,read all posts by the Moderator,in his case
he got I-824 approval after his wife received her VISA;

Goodluck
Bhooshan.

Just a follow-up question on this post. If # 2 happens (wife gets her immigrant visa before the I-824 approval). Does she have still have to wait for I-824 to be approved before she could go to the states?

I'm just concerned about this given the long processing times for I-824. Current bulletin shows it takes around 9months :(

I have a question regarding follow to join. I am married to a citizen while on a B visa. I overstayed my visa for a month; would it affect my GC petition /(or entry into the US)which I plan to pursue from outside the US.
If the overstay is short it will be ignored for marriage based GC. I am hoping this is true even if I am going thru the process from my home country.
Please inform me based on your experiences. Thank you very much

Thanks to all

I thank everybody who wished me luck. I reach here safely with my wife and now I saw all the messages.
Thanks everybody and I will be responding to posts from time time.

Good Luck.

Not really. It all depends on the consulate. I-140 is the property of the employer and he is not supposed to give it to the emplyee. But in my case too the embassy asked for the I-140 original notice of action. Fortunately I get it from my employer.

Good Luck.

If she gets the visa then no approval is needed. She can come directly here.

Good Luck.

If you are married to a US citizen that you can get the green card even if you lived illegally for 15 years. I have seen cases and they get it. You should find a good lawyer for yourself.

Good Luck.

I have a question regarding follow to join. I am married to a citizen while on a B visa. I overstayed my visa for a month; would it affect my GC petition /(or entry into the US)which I plan to pursue from outside the US.
If the overstay is short it will be ignored for marriage based GC. I am hoping this is true even if I am going thru the process from my home country.
Please inform me based on your experiences. Thank you very much

Wife of citizen with overstayed visitors visa.

Thanks Kamrans. But in most of the cases the wife of a citizen is in the US. What happens if she is outside the country and needs a visa or GC to enter? In such cases, will a short overstay be detrimental?

This question is to Kamrans or any one else who have gone through follow-to-join petition experience from Islamabad Pakistan. First of all, let me sincerely thank for all your help. We all appreciate it.

My employment-based green card was approved on August 7, 2007, while I was in Pakistan for marriage. I got married on August 3, 2007. After coming back to USA, I applied for I-824 petition and got the receipt today. My question is:

1) Would any one please tell me, if I can open a case in Islamabad US consulate on the basis of I-824 receipt, or should I wait for the decision on I-824 petition first.

2) If yes, please tell me the list of documents I need to send them to open a case. I am planning to send them following documents:

- Original and English translation of the marriage certificate
- A copy of my green card (I-551)
- Form I-824 Receipt Notice
- Copy of I-824 petition
- Covering letter

Is there any thing else, I need to send them to open a case.

3) Who is suppose to send the covering letter. Me or my wife?

I tried to send Islamabad consulate an email with these questions, but have not hear from them so far.

Thanks again.

Rashid

See the answers below:

This question is to Kamrans or any one else who have gone through follow-to-join petition experience from Islamabad Pakistan. First of all, let me sincerely thank for all your help. We all appreciate it.

My employment-based green card was approved on August 7, 2007, while I was in Pakistan for marriage. I got married on August 3, 2007. After coming back to USA, I applied for I-824 petition and got the receipt today. My question is:

1) Would any one please tell me, if I can open a case in Islamabad US consulate on the basis of I-824 receipt, or should I wait for the decision on I-824 petition first.
In my case they asked for the approval notice. So I believe they wont open it up until you get it approved. You can check with them.

2) If yes, please tell me the list of documents I need to send them to open a case. I am planning to send them following documents:

- Original and English translation of the marriage certificate
- A copy of my green card (I-551)
- Form I-824 Receipt Notice
- Copy of I-824 petition
- Covering letter

Is there any thing else, I need to send them to open a case.
original or copy of I-140 is also requested. Copy of your green card or I-551.

3) Who is suppose to send the covering letter. Me or my wife?
Anybody can write them a letter.

I tried to send Islamabad consulate an email with these questions, but have not hear from them so far.
What email address you used. You need to contact at IslamabadIV@state.gov

Thanks again.

Rashid

Status
Not open for further replies.