Follow To Join....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did not get the GC or welcome letter yet

rammy,

As of today (After about 6 weeks of my wifes arrival) we did not get the welcome letter or green card.How ever we got the SSN with in 2 weeks of arrival.

I called the USCIS customer service and they said they do not have any updated info of the case and asked u sto contact the local INS office.

That is what we should do now?

Thanks,
RM

Congrats Kamrans....

mega007,

I have read your previous posts and understand the suffering you have gone through. Trust me I am not getting any sleep on this issue either. Attorney says it's ok, but you never know or can predict what happens in these circumstances. I plan to apply for I-90 soon.

Your decision to leave for India is personal and I completely understand.

I have the following suggestions you can try:
1. Apply again new I-90 form with adm error option with new residence since dates and specify the dates exactly. Attach a letter from a local congressman/senator or representative. Write a strong letter along with the I-90 to highlight your case and difficulty experienced at consulate overseas.
2. Try to get student or H1b visa for your wife

If you move to India:
-Get reentry permit so you can stay for 2yrs. Visit US every yr after to maintain gc.
-Meanwhile apply for I-130 for spouse so process is on in parallel.
-Write a letter to chennai consulate with reference to your FTJ case explaining your situation and you married in good faith and were unaware of I485 approval before your wedding.

Backdating the GC has created lots of headaches for all of us.....

Good luck with the visitor visa for your wife.

USCIS actually mailed 2 Welcome letter's a Week after my Spouse's Arrival and both of them were sent back( because return service requested was written on the envelopes).
Later When I finally updated my new Address they mailed me both the returned letters along with the envelopes in a Separate Envelope.
Also the welcome Notice is nothing but a receipt Notice similar to any approval or receipts we get from USCIS for all cases with a LIN or WAC number we can use to track the Cases.

Receiving SSN is the sign of data entry being complete. So you can either call
USCIS customer Service, or go with Info pass and try to get the Receipt number.

The problem with Customer Service is unless you have a Receipt number they cannot look it up at the First level. They have to transfer you to some other number where they can lookup using the registration Number on the Immigration VISA. Sometime they transfer sometimes they don't.
All depends on the person who you are talking ie if he knows about entering as an immigrant.

Anyways if you didn't move, then you don't have to worry. But make sure that your Post box has your wife's name on it.
It roughly takes 6-8 weeks so you still have time to wait...
Sorry if I made the whole thing more confusing...

Rammy.

rammy,

As of today (After about 6 weeks of my wifes arrival) we did not get the welcome letter or green card.How ever we got the SSN with in 2 weeks of arrival.

I called the USCIS customer service and they said they do not have any updated info of the case and asked u sto contact the local INS office.

That is what we should do now?

Thanks,
RM

USCIS actually mailed 2 Welcome letter's a Week after my Spouse's Arrival and both of them were sent back( because return service requested was written on the envelopes).
Later When I finally updated my new Address they mailed me both the returned letters along with the envelopes in a Separate Envelope.
Also the welcome Notice is nothing but a receipt Notice similar to any approval or receipts we get from USCIS for all cases with a LIN or WAC number we can use to track the Cases.

The problem with Customer Service is unless you have a Receipt number they cannot look it up at the First level. They have to transfer you to some other number where they can lookup using the registration Number on the Immigration VISA. Sometime they transfer sometimes they don't.
All depends on the person who you are talking ie if he knows about entering as an immigrant.

Anyways if you didn't move, then you don't have to worry. But make sure that your Post box has your wife's name on it.

Rammy.

Thanks for the note rammy.I will try taking an info pass appointment.I called the customer service and gave the registration number that is on the Visa but they could not track the file and asked us to take info pass appointment.We still have the same address.

Also if u go for info pass appointment will they give the recepit number or stamp on our passport?
Thanks,
RM

They can tell you if an d when GC is mailed.
They didnt Stamp the Passport because the VISA along with the POE Stamp can be used as I551 for Reentry for one Year.

Thanks for the note rammy.I will try taking an info pass appointment.I called the customer service and gave the registration number that is on the Visa but they could not track the file and asked us to take info pass appointment.We still have the same address.

Also if u go for info pass appointment will they give the receipt number or stamp on our passport?
Thanks,
RM

Good luck Mega

Good luck Mega for your wife's OCT 15th interview.I was shocked after reading your post and started thinking about whole scenario carefully.
Your posts served as a reality check and I took quite sometime in devising my strategy!! Good luck once again.

Bhooshan.

hello H1_forever,

you may want to check my previous posts ... kamrans, rm101, rammy, usnycus and few others know wot happened to my situation well .... but the situation or happening was not a good one .....
I WAS IN THE SAME DAMN BOAT !!!!!! please read below ...
i dont want to make you worry ..... but my posting might give you idea wot cud happen also ....... my wifes immigrant visa was denied in the ftj interview in chennai consulate...... after waiting 2.5 yrs.... just bcoz my gc 'residence since' date was earlier than my wedding date..... though my 485 approval NOTICE date was after my wedding date ..... i mean to say that... I CAME TO KNOW ABOUT MY GC APPROVAL AFTER MY WEDDING ONLY .... but somehow the gc was approved before my wedding and thats what they WOULD COUNT ACCORDING TO ME !!!!!!!!!!! .... it was unforgettable pain and lot of stuck i have to encounter now .... and i am planning to go at the end of this month to india for almost good ......

Got case no MDR2007DDMXXX ,need your guidance

HI Friends,

My F2J docs reached Chennai on 22nd Sep and they reviewed and sent a letter dated 26th Sep saying that they will schedule an appointment when the VISA no's are available.

H1B forever and others who are in the same boat..update for you.
----------------------------------------------------------------
I did not have I-824 receipt notice (neither they required it seems)
I did not even attach my copy of GC as I have applied for I-90 ;
( I have attached I-90 receipt notice instead)
-----------------------------------------------------------------

Friends ,rammy ,kamran,rm101,mega
who have already gone thru this stage ,I need your advice

My PD is current (10 Mar 2004 ) ,category is EB2 could you pl advice me.
1.when can I expect appointment date for my wife ??
2.What important documents I need to collect in advance so that I could save sometime.

Based on your input ,I could plan for next few months.

your help is much appreciated as ever.

Bhooshan.

Bhooshan..,
If your Date is Current you can get interview Scheduled as Early as the first of next month.
Chennai Consulate Releases Immigrant VISA Appointment Schedules on their website Once a month. So check the website around 15th of every month.

The Documents which are important for the interview are
1)I 134 filled and notarized along with Proof of Funds.. pay stubs tax Returns,W4 etc
2)Police clearance Certificates from Local Police Station as well as Passport office
3)Medical Report
4)Copies of Passports,GC,I140,I485
5)Marriage certificate, Secondary Evidences like Wedding Pictures,Wedding Invitation, etc etc

Read the Packet 4 Check List and get the Documentation ready
Read Through this thread posts from me RM etc during May.June,July of this year.... you will get a lot of information of struggles we went through.. to get the Docs ready... and also about the interview process..

Rammy

HI Friends,

My F2J docs reached Chennai on 22nd Sep and they reviewed and sent a letter dated 26th Sep saying that they will schedule an appointment when the VISA no's are available.

H1B forever and others who are in the same boat..update for you.
----------------------------------------------------------------
I did not have I-824 receipt notice (neither they required it seems)
I did not even attach my copy of GC as I have applied for I-90 ;
( I have attached I-90 receipt notice instead)
-----------------------------------------------------------------

Friends ,rammy ,kamran,rm101,mega
who have already gone thru this stage ,I need your advice

My PD is current (10 Mar 2004 ) ,category is EB2 could you pl advice me.
1.when can I expect appointment date for my wife ??
2.What important documents I need to collect in advance so that I could save sometime.

Based on your input ,I could plan for next few months.

your help is much appreciated as ever.

Bhooshan.

Thanks Rammy

Thanks Rammy for your quick turn around.I have gone thru yours and others posts in past few weeks and again I will carefully read and keep the reqd docs ready. I have checked Nov Bulletin published by Chennai Consulate,
our no did not figure out ,may be next month better luck !! Thanks once again for all your generous help.

Bhooshan.

If your Date is Current, Chennai Consulate Customer Service might tell you approximately when can you get an appointment.
The thing which get more delayed are Police clearance Certificates.
You need both from Local Office and passport Office. So I advise you to start on that right away. They are valid 1 year from the date of issue.

Thanks Rammy for your quick turn around.I have gone thru yours and others posts in past few weeks and again I will carefully read and keep the reqd docs ready. I have checked Nov Bulletin published by Chennai Consulate,
our no did not figure out ,may be next month better luck !! Thanks once again for all your generous help.

Bhooshan.

Hi, I'm so glad to hear that the FTJ journey of most of the very helpful long timers here are already over. You deserve it guys! Congrats!!!

I actually started participating in this thread several months back when my GC application was still pending, and then I learned that I cannot file for I-824 yet until my GC gets approved.

Yesterday, my GC journey finally came to and end... I was finally approved! :) But I knew that was just half the journey, as I still have one last hurdle ahead... the FTJ journey... so that my wife can follow me here.

Now, I have a few questions for you guys:

1. Can I file for I-824 even though my GC isn't in my hands yet? (current status is Card Production Ordered, so I might get it next week though)... but just in case I decide to file ASAP.

2. I was trying to find the pages containing *detailed* information on the list of documents you need to submit when you file the I-824 application, as well as pointers (DO's and DON'Ts) about I-824 filing, but I couldn't seem to find it. If someone could point me to it, that would be great!

3. Lastly, after applying for I-824, as soon as I receive just even the RECEIPT (even if I-824 is still pending or not yet approved), I can already instruct my wife to submit Packet 3 to our consulate right? So that her case can be created already without having to wait for the I-824 approval?

Thanks in advance and more power to this forum! :)

Just file I-824 as a matter of precaution ,but it is not needed to create a case no ,I have recently got my case no created without even I-824 receipt ;Pl check out my posts for more details.You can file I-824 without having physical GC with you ,485 approval is enough for filing I-824 ,it is failrly simple form ,download it and in from
USCIS site and in the case of any doubts you can come back to portal.

Bhooshan.

hi guys,
congrats guys for getting success after going thru really hardship

i have 2 questions, for packet 3, I-134 submitting the latest paystub is necessary, i have recently changed my job and working for new employer from past one month

Is it a rule as i heard from somewhere that one has to be with the same employer for atleast one yr after getting the GC.

will showing the paystubs of the new employer will create a problem in FTJ process, Guru's Rammy, bhooshan, rm101, pls answer ??

Secondly this proirity dates going back after receiving the GC this has been going on since how long, bcos of which many of us has to suffer., from jan07 - may07 for EB3 it was May 2001
June07 it became June 2003 (mine production of GC ordered)
July07 it becomes Current. (when i received mine)
Oct 07 it jumps back to April 2001 ( which was it in Dec 2006)

which mean i will have to wait another 2 yrs till my wife gets an visa interview appointment (my PD Jan 2003)and most of them in this forum have gone thru the same suffering.

well everybody expecting a miracle in nov07 bulletin, there should be an end for this suffering, hope for the better
thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
Help pl - regd visitor visa - its not relevant - but i have friends in this thread ..

Kamrans, rm, rammy, h1_forever, booshan and all .....

My Wife is going for Visitor Visa interview. (note : I am a green card holder and my wife's follow-to-join was denied last june ....and we are taking a shot of this visitor visa despite the lean chances)

Could some one tell me the possible interview questions and answers ?

Mainly - the convincing answer to tell them that she would come back in 6 months.

Thansk all.

Good luck Mega for your wife's OCT 15th interview.I was shocked after reading your post and started thinking about whole scenario carefully.
Your posts served as a reality check and I took quite sometime in devising my strategy!! Good luck once again.

Bhooshan.

hello H1_forever,

you may want to check my previous posts ... kamrans, rm101, rammy, usnycus and few others know wot happened to my situation well .... but the situation or happening was not a good one .....
I WAS IN THE SAME DAMN BOAT !!!!!! please read below ...
i dont want to make you worry ..... but my posting might give you idea wot cud happen also ....... my wifes immigrant visa was denied in the ftj interview in chennai consulate...... after waiting 2.5 yrs.... just bcoz my gc 'residence since' date was earlier than my wedding date..... though my 485 approval NOTICE date was after my wedding date ..... i mean to say that... I CAME TO KNOW ABOUT MY GC APPROVAL AFTER MY WEDDING ONLY .... but somehow the gc was approved before my wedding and thats what they WOULD COUNT ACCORDING TO ME !!!!!!!!!!! .... it was unforgettable pain and lot of stuck i have to encounter now .... and i am planning to go at the end of this month to india for almost good ......

Thanks for the reply Bhooshan. So I can submit reqts and create a case without I-824 eh?

Was your GC via consular processing, or was it processed in the states?

Just file I-824 as a matter of precaution ,but it is not needed to create a case no ,I have recently got my case no created without even I-824 receipt ;Pl check out my posts for more details.You can file I-824 without having physical GC with you ,485 approval is enough for filing I-824 ,it is failrly simple form ,download it and in from
USCIS site and in the case of any doubts you can come back to portal.

Bhooshan.

Kidd

Hi, I'm so glad to hear that the FTJ journey of most of the very helpful long timers here are already over. You deserve it guys! Congrats!!!

I actually started participating in this thread several months back when my GC application was still pending, and then I learned that I cannot file for I-824 yet until my GC gets approved.

Yesterday, my GC journey finally came to and end... I was finally approved! :) But I knew that was just half the journey, as I still have one last hurdle ahead... the FTJ journey... so that my wife can follow me here.

Now, I have a few questions for you guys:

1. Can I file for I-824 even though my GC isn't in my hands yet? (current status is Card Production Ordered, so I might get it next week though)... but just in case I decide to file ASAP.

2. I was trying to find the pages containing *detailed* information on the list of documents you need to submit when you file the I-824 application, as well as pointers (DO's and DON'Ts) about I-824 filing, but I couldn't seem to find it. If someone could point me to it, that would be great!

3. Lastly, after applying for I-824, as soon as I receive just even the RECEIPT (even if I-824 is still pending or not yet approved), I can already instruct my wife to submit Packet 3 to our consulate right? So that her case can be created already without having to wait for the I-824 approval?

Thanks in advance and more power to this forum! :)

Kidd,
Some consulates create the case for follow to join even before I-824 approval. It depends on which consulate your wife will be processing. For MNL consulate which was for my case, my spouse just sent email and scanned copies of birth certificates, marriage certificates, green card, I-140 approval (for priority date establishment) and copy of I-824 receipt (not yet approved, only filed at that time). We never got reply email from embassy but we got our Packet 3 in the mail in 3weeks even if I-824 case was still pending at that time. However, priority date was already current at that time. If you are processing thru MNL consulate, here is useful info for you on how to contact the embassy and the papers you need to send :

http://manila.usembassy.gov/wwwh3226.html

Good luck! I got this same information from this forum when we were starting out and it has helped us a lot in expediting our papers.

Very Late Update :)

I received 4(four) Welcome Notice from USCIS, Weird...

Received my GC after 4 Weeks...

For the SSN, since I want to get my SSN fast for me to work here, I went to SSCC after 1 week from my arrival date. Received my SSN 2 Weeks after my arrival date.

There is a Light after the FTJ Tunnel...

Rammy.

Big Yes

Big Yes !! Chennai consulate will create case no without I-824 receipt or approval ,no doubt about it.Go ahead and submit the docs without dealy.

Mine got processed in the states.

Hope this helps.
Thanks for the reply Bhooshan. So I can submit reqts and create a case without I-824 eh?

Was your GC via consular processing, or was it processed in the states?

Status
Not open for further replies.