Follow To Join....

Status
Not open for further replies.
FTJ question

Kamran's,

Thanks for the wealth of information.
This is my situation. We were married in 8/1990. Moved to US in 1/2000. My husband on H1B and I and my son on H4. I started my residency on J1 visa in 6/01. At that time I switched my son's visa to J2.
My husband applied for 485 in 2/03. He did mention our names on 485 application but could not apply for us as I was on J1.
Now my husband's PD is current and I am on H1B doing a waiver job about to complete waiver on 8/1/07.

This is my question. If my husband gets his GC in the next few days, is there any way that I can apply for 824 route in Aug 2007?

I really appreciate your opinion.

Congratulations Judex!

Hi Kamrans, Simala, Bisdakdreamer and to you Judex, Congratulations for having your PD so so current! I'm happy for you! Hello also to the rest of you reading this thread...

A real big WOW!!! There is indeed a big leap in the PDs from the VB of May 2007 (01Aug03) and June 2007 (01Jun05). So many immigrants will be on their way to America this year! I wish me and my 4 children can join my husband too...

Last Saturday, I received Packet 3 from the US Embassy MNL. Finally, I was assured that it was indeed I-824 that was filed and got approved last Jan07. I now know my case # and priority date which was written in the covering letter of the embassy. My PD is 28 September 2004. Stated under Traveling applicants were my name and my 4 children's names. I noticed an error in one of my daughters name and 2 errors on the birthdates.

I know I should be very happy with the current VB as it made my PD also current. But I couldnt celebrate as much as I want to be so excited because... my husband (RN in NY) is not yet ready with the financial aspect of the requirements, the I-134 and savings in the bank so to speak. My husband opened an LLC business last Nov06 and what it's making now is just enough to cover for the rent of the gym business ($2000 per month). In other words, he is not liquid. He used to work as a part time RN while he was setting up his business Nov07 and only since April07 that he started to work full time again. I thought it was really weird of him to put up that business when in fact, I am not yet there and somehow I thought his priorities are not in place. Anyways, what could I do now? I know time is passing us by. I want to rush as my PD is current but hubby is not yet ready with the financial aspect... :(

Can you guys give me some advice as to what I can do for now to get our papers going?

Can I submit to the embassy the DS2001 (Part I) and DS-230 only? Or must I include the other requirements (birth cert, marriage, NBI & Police clearance) but hold on to the I-134? Or should I wait and give hubby time to fix his finances? How much time should I give him? What are my options?

I would appreciate if you could share your wisdom.

Dear kababayan, kindly read the previous postings, send your documents to Usembassy in Manila, all photocopies including the receipts of your 1-824approval, they will send you the packet 3 like what they did to my dependents, I believe you are follow to join and your priority date is the same as the date when your husband`s petition of your 1-140 was received by USCIS.

I know how busy it will be for your husband to follow up from here, so you can do something about it from there. I was there last Christmas and that was the reason why I had submitted the papers to USembassy in Manila in behalf of my family. You can fax it to the embassy or mail it thru LBC.

PLs open the website or Judex can tell you the contact numbers and email address of our embassy in Manila, it is from him I know a lot about this, right Judex? thanks for the help... pls help Redleaf too!

I cannot asssess a computer yet from here much of my time and I can`t answer right away, pls help Judex and Kamrans, you both are our lifeline here!

Thanks so much! God bless you all! I will be praying for you there!

Simala2006

Hi every one it has been a while I have been here.Anyways Goodnews with PD Dates moving forward.

Congrats and Goodluck for everyone...

Chennai Consulate already released appointments for June IV Processing.
Did anybody get the interviews for June. I files in August 2005, with PD April 2002. Don't have my case number in the List.

RammyRammy...

Hi Kamrans, Simala, Bisdakdreamer and to you Judex, Congratulations for having your PD so so current! I'm happy for you! Hello also to the rest of you reading this thread...

A real big WOW!!! There is indeed a big leap in the PDs from the VB of May 2007 (01Aug03) and June 2007 (01Jun05). So many immigrants will be on their way to America this year! I wish me and my 4 children can join my husband too...

Last Saturday, I received Packet 3 from the US Embassy MNL. Finally, I was assured that it was indeed I-824 that was filed and got approved last Jan07. I now know my case # and priority date which was written in the covering letter of the embassy. My PD is 28 September 2004. Stated under Traveling applicants were my name and my 4 children's names. I noticed an error in one of my daughters name and 2 errors on the birthdates.

I know I should be very happy with the current VB as it made my PD also current. But I couldnt celebrate as much as I want to be so excited because... my husband (RN in NY) is not yet ready with the financial aspect of the requirements, the I-134 and savings in the bank so to speak. My husband opened an LLC business last Nov06 and what it's making now is just enough to cover for the rent of the gym business ($2000 per month). In other words, he is not liquid. He used to work as a part time RN while he was setting up his business Nov07 and only since April07 that he started to work full time again. I thought it was really weird of him to put up that business when in fact, I am not yet there and somehow I thought his priorities are not in place. Anyways, what could I do now? I know time is passing us by. I want to rush as my PD is current but hubby is not yet ready with the financial aspect... :(

Can you guys give me some advice as to what I can do for now to get our papers going?

Can I submit to the embassy the DS2001 (Part I) and DS-230 only? Or must I include the other requirements (birth cert, marriage, NBI & Police clearance) but hold on to the I-134? Or should I wait and give hubby time to fix his finances? How much time should I give him? What are my options?

Redleaf,
Tks to you and all those who have prayed hard for this great leap in Visa Bulletin. You only need to submit DS2001 (Part I only) and DS-230. You are not supposed to bring all the other papers (birt cert, etc till the interview date). I suggest you submit it soonest cause we do not know when retrogression will hit again. Im sure you have read through the threads where a lot have waited and suffered when their case suddenly retrogressed! I even sent back mine even if I have not gathered all the necessary papers. If your husband's investment is in the states and the business is in his name, try checking with the US embassy if that would suffice for I-134. If he has made an investment in a business that will be giving him additional income aside from his salary then I believe that will be proof that he can support all of you. I am no expert but there is no harm in asking :) Better move now Kababayan. Good luck to you!

Judex,
Congratulations! Even more good news to share with your wife while she is in town :)

Simala,
We will be praying for your case to be current too. Tks to you, you have been a positive influence to your fellow co-threaders, not to mention the most zealous prayer warrior of us all. God bless you, my friend. Keep on smiling :)

redleaf: submit it!

redleaf,

submit it ASAP, DS2001 (Part I only) and DS-230. You can also submit teh birthcert of your children, write a cover letter stating the errors on the dates.

its now time to contact the embassy!

good bless!

judex

Judex,
Its very hard to predict something but you know as we get the news from DOS and DOL that there are 250000 cases pending there and there is less chance that the dates will move and now we see the dates move forward by 3 years. DOS is just doing it because they want all visa numbers of this year to consume by the end of this year so that nobody can blame them.
The is situation is reverse. If you talk about consular processing then it will take 5 months to get interview date and for 485 processing with so many cases in line the USCIS will probably have another backlog.
So in my opinion its hard to consume all the visa numbers this year too and starting next fiscal year the cases from DOL will be in line again and then who knows whats gonna happen. So if your case is adjusted before oct this year then you are safe otherwise there is still a problem and chances are there that dates will go back....
Good Luck.

thanks kamrans.

i'm actually writing the letter for the embassy.

is there a possibility that the PD will retrogress again in the near future? what possible month?

thanks,

judex

Are you sure that if you are on J1 you cannot apply for 485 being a spouse of 485 principal applicant? Did you check with a lawyer?.
824 is for people who are outside USA or who want to get their cases settled through consular processing. Since your husband's PD is current I believe he will get GC soon. He cannot go for consular processing now. FTJ or 824 is not for you. You need consultation with a good lawyer as in my opinion you should get GC too along with your husband as you here in USA and living legally here.

Good Luck.

Thanks for the wealth of information.
This is my situation. We were married in 8/1990. Moved to US in 1/2000. My husband on H1B and I and my son on H4. I started my residency on J1 visa in 6/01. At that time I switched my son's visa to J2.
My husband applied for 485 in 2/03. He did mention our names on 485 application but could not apply for us as I was on J1.
Now my husband's PD is current and I am on H1B doing a waiver job about to complete waiver on 8/1/07.

This is my question. If my husband gets his GC in the next few days, is there any way that I can apply for 824 route in Aug 2007?

I really appreciate your opinion.

Hi redleaf,
Please dont give any place to doubts in your mind. The situation here in USA changes from time to time and may be your hubby is passing by his mid life crisis and need your help.
Do not suspend your case proceedings. The error in name that you mentioned usually corrected through USCIS but follow up with your embassy first and see what they say.
Local embassy rules can be best answered by someone from manila like Judex, simala,Bisdakdreamer. They are the best resource for you.
Please let us know if I would be of further help.

Good Luck.

Hi every one it has been a while I have been here.Anyways Goodnews with PD Dates moving forward.

Congrats and Goodluck for everyone...

Chennai Consulate already released appointments for June IV Processing.
Did anybody get the interviews for June. I files in August 2005, with PD April 2002. Don't have my case number in the List.

RammyRammy...

Brother,

I am also very much in the same time frame.I called chennai consulate last night and they said 2002 PD should get interview in July 3rd week or early august(Approximately) Also please reconfirm that they have all ur info like packet 3 etc.Becouse when i called last night they asked me to resend the packet 3 again.Looks like they misplaced my old one.

On june 10th they will release the July Appointment list.Hopefully we will get in that.

We are almost there ....

Thanks,
RM101

Brother,

I am also very much in the same time frame.I called chennai consulate last night and they said 2002 PD should get interview in July 3rd week or early august(Approximately) Also please reconfirm that they have all ur info like packet 3 etc.Becouse when i called last night they asked me to resend the packet 3 again.Looks like they misplaced my old one.

On june 10th they will release the July Appointment list.Hopefully we will get in that.

We are almost there ....

Thanks,
RM101

Thank you RM101. I sent an email to the consulate yesterday and I am waiting for the response. My wife is now in Canada and I am commuting alternate weeks. Now I have to collect related paperwork like Police Certificates etc.. The Indian embassy in Canada need 4 weeks to issue one and I am not sure when I have to apply for that. I have a Case Number from Chennai.. but like you said I will call and make sure that they have my stuff..

RammyRammy.

waiting for interview at mumbai consulate

RM101

I have sent you a PM. please check and reply back. thanks in advance for your help

Thanks
GC37

Brother,

We are almost there ....

Thanks,
RM101

Hi RM101,

Is your PD current?

I was under impression that they need to get the visa number from National visa center once your PD is current. Did they already have the visa# for you?

Sorry for too many questions. My PD is going to be current on 06/01 and just wanted to know what can I do mean while.

Please let me know. I will be really grateful to you. Could you please give me the contact# in Chennai consulate and what is the best time to call? Sorry again for too many questions and appreciate your time on this.

I have got my GC 5 months ago,
can I still file a I-824 for GC application of my kid at my home country?

I am my kid biological father and I got my kid before I enter USA,
but,my kid belong and are living with my exwife at my home coutry so far ,
is my kid eligible for I-824 of following to join benefits

Many thanks

is my kid eligible for I-824 ?

I have got my GC 5 months ago,
can I still file a I-824 for GC application of my kid at my home country?

I am my kid biological father and I got my kid before I enter USA,
but,my kid belong and are living with my exwife at my home coutry so far ,
is my kid eligible for I-824 of following to join benefits?

Many thanks

Today Mumbai consulate have updated their website with revised appointment schedule in which they have scheduled interviews for all the Employment based cases (CP, Follow-to-join, and others - if there are any) whose dates become current as per latest bulletin.

Last edited by a moderator:
Today I got a reply from chennai consulate.
They said with my PD, I might get an interview in July provided the PD stays Current.

NJBLUE

do you have a Case number? If you have check the your consulate in the appointments scheduled for JUNE. They have them posted on their website.
If you applied with Packet 3 and don't know the case number call the IV unit in the consulate they will provide you with the case number. Since your PD is a earlier than mine chances are that your appointment will be lot before mine if they have all the needed info to schedule an appointment.
Good luck.

Hi RM101,

Is your PD current?

I was under impression that they need to get the visa number from National visa center once your PD is current. Did they already have the visa# for you?

Sorry for too many questions. My PD is going to be current on 06/01 and just wanted to know what can I do mean while.

Please let me know. I will be really grateful to you. Could you please give me the contact# in Chennai consulate and what is the best time to call? Sorry again for too many questions and appreciate your time on this.

NJ Blue,

Once ur date is current they will (Chennai consulate)get the visa number from NVC directly.There is nothing we should do.
As of now who's PD is before June 03 all are current.Looks like in the month of june they are processing the cases of 2001 PDs.If your PD is in 2001 your (Your wife) case number should have listed in the June interview list.Provided they have your packet 3 info.(Did u send the packet 3 to them earlier?)

Please call chennai consulate at 91 (44) 2857-4242 or email at chennaiIV@state.gov Best way is sending email .Best time to call is 11.30 PM (EST)

Just confirm with them that they have all ur info (Packet 3) or want to resend again.

My PD is in 2002 .According to chennai consulate i can expect my interview in July or early August.

Thanks,

anyone scheduled for interview at Mumbai consulate?

My wife's PD is 2001 however she is not scheduled in June at mumbai consulate. i have sent an email to mumbai consulate 3 days ago but no reply and the phone is always busy. i have already sent packet 3 in january 2006

if anybody has successfully contacted mumbai consulate please let me know the best time to call them

thanks
GC37

Status
Not open for further replies.