Follow To Join....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Internet source to download packet 3.5 please!

I almost forgot! I would like to ask you Kamrans and judex, please give me an internet source to download packet 3 for my dependents! I would like to download it while I am still here in the Philippines so I can teach my husband what to do and how to fill it up.. also to prepare necessary documents and things for them to have on hand.

Thank you so much in advance! Any advices how to fill it up and some tips will be very much appreciated! I know it will be a great help for the next threaders having the same concern as mine!

Simala2006

I think you need this infos:
http://usembassy.state.gov/manila/wwwfirfe.pdf
http://usembassy.state.gov/manila/wwwhirfe.html
http://usembassy.state.gov/manila/wwwh3023.html

Simala2006 said:
I almost forgot! I would like to ask you Kamrans and judex, please give me an internet source to download packet 3 for my dependents! I would like to download it while I am still here in the Philippines so I can teach my husband what to do and how to fill it up.. also to prepare necessary documents and things for them to have on hand.

Thank you so much in advance! Any advices how to fill it up and some tips will be very much appreciated! I know it will be a great help for the next threaders having the same concern as mine!

Simala2006

thank you so much Judex!

Again my sincere thanks for the fast reply! May you keep us posted as to the result of your case my kababayan... I have the downloadable info for printing now!

God bless,
Simala2006

When can an marriage based I-485 be denied?

Hi,
I filed my I-485 on October 2003 and finally I files a lawsuit against FBI on July. Now there is an answer due becaue until now CIS were saying my file is pending wiht FBI. Now they are saying pending with USCIS review board. I called a laywer who called the US Attorney and US Atty said, CIS has discovered something that might deny my case but not positive. He also mentioned, it is not related to criminal records. I was never out of status in this country and my wife is USC. So, the question is: based on what other grounds can they do it? Option out terrorism, criminal case, no federal conviction, no state level conviction, I have never registered for to vote, was to F1, to HI then got married. Any thoughts? It will be very helpful.

Marriage Interview—sample Questions

This will help everybody... Practice makes perfect... :)

MARRIAGE INTERVIEW—SAMPLE QUESTIONS
During the marriage interview the parties may be questioned separately concerning the bona fides of the marriage. Usually the US citizen will be questioned first and then the alien spouse will be asked the same questions. Below is a list of some of the typical questions asked during this interview.

Name and address.
Name and Date of Birth of Spouse.
When and where did you meet your spouse?
Describe this 1st meeting.
Did you make arrangements to meet again?
Did you exchange phone numbers?
When did you meet next?
Where were you living at the time? Where was your spouse living?
When did you decide to get married? Where were you at the time?
Did you live together before marriage?
When and where did you get married? How did you and your spouse get to the church, courthouse, etc.?
Who were the witnesses to the ceremony?
Did you exchange wedding rings?
Where had you purchased these rings? Did you and your spouse purchase them together?
Did you have a reception after the ceremony?
Where was it held?
Do you have any photos of the ceremony and /or reception?
Describe the reception.
Did any of your, and your spouse’s, family members attend? If so, who?
Did you go on a honeymoon? If so, when and where?
If you did not have a reception, what did you do after the wedding ceremony?
Where did you live after the wedding?
Describe the place where you lived right after the marriage. Number of bedrooms and bathrooms; furnishings; color of walls, floor coverings, appliances, etc; type of air conditioning, heating, etc; # of telephones, televisions, etc. Do you have cable television?
Where did you get the furniture? Was it already there, did you buy it, was it a gift, or did it come from your, or your spouse’s, previous residence?
If brought to the house or apartment, describe how it was transported.
Describe your bedroom. Where do you keep your clothes? Where does your spouse keep his or her clothes? Where are the bathroom towels kept? Where do you keep the dirty clothes?
Where is the garbage kept in the kitchen?
On what day of the week is the garbage picked up?
Where do you shop for groceries? Do you go together with your spouse? How do you get there?
Where do you work? What days of the week do you work?
What hours do you work? What is your salary?
What is your telephone # at work?
When was the last vacation you had from work?
Did you and your spouse go anywhere together at that time?
When was the last vacation you and your spouse took together?
Where did you go? How did you get there? Describe it.
Where does your spouse work? What days of the week? What hours? What is the salary, if you know?
What is your spouse’s telephone # at work?
When was the last time your spouse got a vacation from work?
Do you or your wife have any scars or tattoos? If so, where on the body?
Do you know your spouse’s family members? If so, which ones? If your spouse has children from a previous marriage, their names, ages, where they live, and where they go to school, if applicable.
Where do you live now? (If different from where you lived right after the marriage, then go over the same questions as above). How much is the rent? When is it paid? How do you pay it?
Do you have a bank account together? Where? What kind of account? (Checking, savings).
Are both of you listed on the account? (Do you have a bank letter, cancelled checks, etc.?)
Did you file a joint tax return this year? Do you have a copy with you?
Do you own any property together? What property? Did you bring copies of the documents with you?
What kind of automobile do you and your spouse have? Describe them.
Do you have an insurance policy listing your spouse as the beneficiary? If so, do you have a copy?
Have you taken any trips or vacations together? Do you have photos from these trips?
Do you have any utility bills, or receipts from items you have purchased together?
What other documentation do you have to show that you are living together as husband and wife?
Do you have any pets? What kind, what are their names, and describe them?
What did you do for Christmas, New Year’s, your anniversary, or you or your spouse’s last birthday? Did you exchange gifts? If so, what kind of gift?
Did you or your spouse go to work yesterday? If so, at what time did you and/or your spouse leave the house and return?
Who cooks the meals at the house?
What is your spouse’s favorite food? What is your favorite food?
Does your spouse drink coffee? If so, does he or she use cream and/or sugar?
Did you eat dinner together last night? Did anyone else have dinner with you? What did you have?
What time was dinner served? Who cooked it?
Did you watch TV after dinner? What shows did you watch?
At what time did you go to bed? Who went to bed first?
Did you have the air conditioning or heater on?
Who woke up first this morning? Did an alarm clock go off?
Did you or your spouse take a shower?
Did you come to the interview together? Who drove?
Did you have breakfast? Where and what did you eat?

Please remember that the number and types of questions that can be asked is almost limitless. Therefore, you and your spouse should review your entire lives together prior to attending the immigration interview. Even married couples living together for many years sometimes have difficulties remembering all of the facts of their relationship. Be prepared and take original documents with you. Then you will have no problem passing the interview and obtaining permanent residence in the United States.

Internview

We had our interview in Oct 2004 and there were no issue. We interviewed for 10 minutes. We are same nationality and we are still married and we showed them all the papers including utility, house deed etc. They found something during the background process. As I have said, I have no criminal background of any sort. So, any more ideas. Thanks for your reply

judex said:
This will help everybody... Practice makes perfect... :)

MARRIAGE INTERVIEW—SAMPLE QUESTIONS
During the marriage interview the parties may be questioned separately concerning the bona fides of the marriage. Usually the US citizen will be questioned first and then the alien spouse will be asked the same questions. Below is a list of some of the typical questions asked during this interview.

Name and address.
Name and Date of Birth of Spouse.
When and where did you meet your spouse?
Describe this 1st meeting.
Did you make arrangements to meet again?
Did you exchange phone numbers?
When did you meet next?
Where were you living at the time? Where was your spouse living?
When did you decide to get married? Where were you at the time?
Did you live together before marriage?
When and where did you get married? How did you and your spouse get to the church, courthouse, etc.?
Who were the witnesses to the ceremony?
Did you exchange wedding rings?
Where had you purchased these rings? Did you and your spouse purchase them together?
Did you have a reception after the ceremony?
Where was it held?
Do you have any photos of the ceremony and /or reception?
Describe the reception.
Did any of your, and your spouse’s, family members attend? If so, who?
Did you go on a honeymoon? If so, when and where?
If you did not have a reception, what did you do after the wedding ceremony?
Where did you live after the wedding?
Describe the place where you lived right after the marriage. Number of bedrooms and bathrooms; furnishings; color of walls, floor coverings, appliances, etc; type of air conditioning, heating, etc; # of telephones, televisions, etc. Do you have cable television?
Where did you get the furniture? Was it already there, did you buy it, was it a gift, or did it come from your, or your spouse’s, previous residence?
If brought to the house or apartment, describe how it was transported.
Describe your bedroom. Where do you keep your clothes? Where does your spouse keep his or her clothes? Where are the bathroom towels kept? Where do you keep the dirty clothes?
Where is the garbage kept in the kitchen?
On what day of the week is the garbage picked up?
Where do you shop for groceries? Do you go together with your spouse? How do you get there?
Where do you work? What days of the week do you work?
What hours do you work? What is your salary?
What is your telephone # at work?
When was the last vacation you had from work?
Did you and your spouse go anywhere together at that time?
When was the last vacation you and your spouse took together?
Where did you go? How did you get there? Describe it.
Where does your spouse work? What days of the week? What hours? What is the salary, if you know?
What is your spouse’s telephone # at work?
When was the last time your spouse got a vacation from work?
Do you or your wife have any scars or tattoos? If so, where on the body?
Do you know your spouse’s family members? If so, which ones? If your spouse has children from a previous marriage, their names, ages, where they live, and where they go to school, if applicable.
Where do you live now? (If different from where you lived right after the marriage, then go over the same questions as above). How much is the rent? When is it paid? How do you pay it?
Do you have a bank account together? Where? What kind of account? (Checking, savings).
Are both of you listed on the account? (Do you have a bank letter, cancelled checks, etc.?)
Did you file a joint tax return this year? Do you have a copy with you?
Do you own any property together? What property? Did you bring copies of the documents with you?
What kind of automobile do you and your spouse have? Describe them.
Do you have an insurance policy listing your spouse as the beneficiary? If so, do you have a copy?
Have you taken any trips or vacations together? Do you have photos from these trips?
Do you have any utility bills, or receipts from items you have purchased together?
What other documentation do you have to show that you are living together as husband and wife?
Do you have any pets? What kind, what are their names, and describe them?
What did you do for Christmas, New Year’s, your anniversary, or you or your spouse’s last birthday? Did you exchange gifts? If so, what kind of gift?
Did you or your spouse go to work yesterday? If so, at what time did you and/or your spouse leave the house and return?
Who cooks the meals at the house?
What is your spouse’s favorite food? What is your favorite food?
Does your spouse drink coffee? If so, does he or she use cream and/or sugar?
Did you eat dinner together last night? Did anyone else have dinner with you? What did you have?
What time was dinner served? Who cooked it?
Did you watch TV after dinner? What shows did you watch?
At what time did you go to bed? Who went to bed first?
Did you have the air conditioning or heater on?
Who woke up first this morning? Did an alarm clock go off?
Did you or your spouse take a shower?
Did you come to the interview together? Who drove?
Did you have breakfast? Where and what did you eat?

Please remember that the number and types of questions that can be asked is almost limitless. Therefore, you and your spouse should review your entire lives together prior to attending the immigration interview. Even married couples living together for many years sometimes have difficulties remembering all of the facts of their relationship. Be prepared and take original documents with you. Then you will have no problem passing the interview and obtaining permanent residence in the United States.

How to proceed to get a letter from Senetor

kamrans said:
check the answers below:

Thanks for the advice. Can you please how do you like me to approach senerator to get the letter? Is there a fee for the letter or Do I have to send a request via post? please advice me.

thanks

No there is no charge. you call the senators office and ask to talk to someone who deals with immigration. That person will ask you about your situation. It is a free service every senator and congressman has to do for free.

rambabu123 said:
Thanks for the advice. Can you please how do you like me to approach senerator to get the letter? Is there a fee for the letter or Do I have to send a request via post? please advice me.

thanks

how long does it take to correct PD date?

rahman1079 said:
No there is no charge. you call the senators office and ask to talk to someone who deals with immigration. That person will ask you about your situation. It is a free service every senator and congressman has to do for free.

My PD date on our approved case is not correct. I called the ins customer service they asked me send them a letter to correct it. I sent 3 weeks ago. I have not received any letter so far. Usually how long do they take to correct?
Or do I have to call them again? How do I know the status of correcting our case. Please advice.

Rahman,
I have never seen anyone got denied with a legitimate marriage. If you are really married with an intention of marriage not the GC then you will get it sooner or later. I am not sure what they found in the background check that you are not aware of. Depending on the severity of the issue your case can get delayed. Consult your lawyer as soon as you find some information about the background check and their findings. There is no point in speculating if you dont know what they found.

Good Luck.

rahman1079 said:
We had our interview in Oct 2004 and there were no issue. We interviewed for 10 minutes. We are same nationality and we are still married and we showed them all the papers including utility, house deed etc. They found something during the background process. As I have said, I have no criminal background of any sort. So, any more ideas. Thanks for your reply

Babu,
Find out who is the senator in your area and then wrote them an email seeking the help from them. They will respond you and then later on ask them to support your case. Most of the time they help with a standard letter.

Good Luck.

rambabu123 said:

thanks

Give them a call again to correct it and if its not corrected within 2 months then consult with your senator/congressman. They can do this within a week.

Good Luck.

rambabu123 said:
My PD date on our approved case is not correct. I called the ins customer service they asked me send them a letter to correct it. I sent 3 weeks ago. I have not received any letter so far. Usually how long do they take to correct?
Or do I have to call them again? How do I know the status of correcting our case. Please advice.

I-824 related questions to enter US

Once the 824 application processed at the local consulate and got the green card after the interview and all,

1. Do they give plastic(GC) card?
2. Do we have to enter US immidiately?
3. Is there a time period to enter US?
4. Can we enter after one year we got the GC?

How that works?

went to the US embassy in manila

hi guys,

i went to the embassy in manila last tuesday and submitted the requirements for FTJ. upon reading the cover letter, the officer told me(without asking) that i will received packet 3 within a month. :)

thank God i'm an FTJ benificiary!

i'll post more information once i received the packet...

judex

Thats a very good Christmas gift for you kababayan! Thanks GOD!

Hi Judex! I am truly happy for you... So its that simple, I am excited to know what will be the next events... yehey!

I am thinking of going there to submit the documents for my husband and kids, too! Got the notarized receipts for 1-824 already on hand from my lawyer in Houston!

Pls post the coverlet letter of yours if possible? and also what are the needed things to bring and submit for the officer to see for their perusal.. pls,.... what window did you approach? Do I need to have an appointment for this if I will go and submit my papers, too? Kindly post how to do this and proceed same as what you did kababayan... thanks in advance!

God bless,
Simala2006

judex said:
hi guys,

i went to the embassy in manila last tuesday and submitted the requirements for FTJ. upon reading the cover letter, the officer told me(without asking) that i will received packet 3 within a month. :)

thank God i'm an FTJ benificiary!

i'll post more information once i received the packet...

judex

to you Rambabu123, hope this helps...

I have known from previous postings some answers to your queries!

QUOTE=rambabu123]Once the 824 application processed at the local consulate and got the green card after the interview and all,

1. Do they give plastic(GC) card?
Note: You will not be given GC right after the interview, it will be sent to you after you enter USA which I`ve read about two months of stay or more maybe.

2. Do we have to enter US immidiately?
Note: Upon the approval, you are expected to enter US for the next 6 months validity, if I`m not wrong...

3. Is there a time period to enter US?
Note: 6 months maximum

4. Can we enter after one year we got the GC?
Note: for this you have to know that you are adviced to enter US for the next 6months but maybe I`m not sure if upon interview, you will tell any problem of leaving for the next months, then maybe there`ll be a solution for this... pls read details in USCIS website!

How that works?[/QUOTE]

Simala2006

you need to go to the embassy mon-fri, 1pm-2pm, window X, immigrant visa section. at the gate, the guard will ask you what you will do in the embassy, just tell the guard that you will submit FTJ requirements at window X, just be early, no appointment is needed.

here's the cover letter and the things you need:
December , 2006

Immigrant Visa Branch
U.S. Embassy, Manila
1201 Roxas Boulevard
Manila, Philippines

Attention: Operations Unit

Subject: Following-to-Join Benefits for Spouse

Dear Sir/Madam,

I would like to apply for an Immigrant Visa for my husband, JUDEX, We were married before my admission in the United States and my husband did not physically accompany me to the U.S., thus my spouse is eligible for Following-To-Join benefits. I was Admitted and become a Lawful Permanent Resident on June 10, 2006 and we were legally married on June 7, 2006, before I left the Philippines.

I have enclosed the following documents for your reference:

1. Copy of Green Card, Front and Back.
2. Copy of my passport/IV including the USCIS-stamped page.
3. Copy of Notice of Action (I-797) for I-140.
4. Marriage Certificate from NSO.
5. Spouse Birth Certificate.
NSO (National Statistics Office) Copy
6. Copy of Notice of Action (I-797) for I-155, Welcome Notice.
7. Biographic Data of my Spouse: Judex L. Romo
8. Email received from Consular IV Manila <ConsIVManila@state.gov>

I hope we have provided you with sufficient supporting documents to process this case. Please don’t hesitate to contact my husband or me if you have any questions or need any other information. I can be reached through my email address at @yahoo.com, mobile phone: +443 and my husband at @yahoo, mobile phone: +63-920.

Very truly yours,

Jacqueline

Simala2006 said:
Hi Judex! I am truly happy for you... So its that simple, I am excited to know what will be the next events... yehey!

I am thinking of going there to submit the documents for my husband and kids, too! Got the notarized receipts for 1-824 already on hand from my lawyer in Houston!

Pls post the coverlet letter of yours if possible? and also what are the needed things to bring and submit for the officer to see for their perusal.. pls,.... what window did you approach? Do I need to have an appointment for this if I will go and submit my papers, too? Kindly post how to do this and proceed same as what you did kababayan... thanks in advance!

God bless,
Simala2006

Thank you so much Judex!

I thank God for you and Jacqueline! May your willingness to help others will be blessing you back a thousandfolds!

I am noting everything now and I got the documents ready!

God bless us all! Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year 2007 to all!

Peace!
Simala2006

No prob...

No prob simala...

Merry Christmas to All and May we have a blessed new year...

Simala2006 said:
I thank God for you and Jacqueline! May your willingness to help others will be blessing you back a thousandfolds!

I am noting everything now and I got the documents ready!

God bless us all! Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year 2007 to all!

Peace!
Simala2006

To Judex, Simala2006 & Kamrans

Hi Guys,
I have been a silent reader of this forum from Aug2006. I have closely followed Judex and Simala's posts as we are processing from the same consulate (US Embassy MNL). KAMRANS, I have learned a lot from your posts and Im sure a million others have too. You are a blessing to all. Hope your blessings are returned a hundred-fold to you for your generous heart.

First and foremost, I have to say a million thanks to Judex. You have been a great help when you posted the e-mail you got from the US Embassy MNL. My spouse already filed I-824 at the California Svc Centre last 01Aug06. However, case still remains pending todate. It would have still been a waiting game for us if I havent read Judex post. After reading it, my spouse sent an FTJ request via e-mail to the MNL consulate with all required attachments. Note that it was only sent thru email since it was not physically feasible for me to go to MNL cause I live in the province. Much to our surprise, last 19Dec06 the MNL consulate sent us Packet 3 with our name and case number. YIPEY!!! Until now, the I-824 filed by my spouse is still pending.

Judex and Simala, I hope you could post every development of your case as it would be a very helful point of reference. I understand not all processing times are the same, however, a close approximate is very helpful information for us. I have read through GEORGETTE's posts (also from US Embassy MNL) and noted her processing times as follows:

04/27/06 - sent FTJ request to US Embassy MNL
05/16/06 - received Packet from embassy
??/??/?? - mailed Packet 3
06/27/06 - received Appointment Letter with date 09/18/2006
09/18/06 - interviewed and approved

Hope you could similarly post yours for reference.

May we all have a Blessed Christmas and looking forward to a FRUITFUL 2007 for everyone.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.