Follow To Join....

Status
Not open for further replies.
No its not necessary that they have to go together. With you PD and Indian nationality I would assume that it might take around 1-2 years to get current. If any legislation gets passed then it would take around 4-6 months.
These are just the speculation. It may or may not be correct.
Good Luck.

gcmarathon said:
i'm the benificiary of FTJ.From some of the postings i could understand it like: is it a must for wife(benificiary) and husband to go together for interview or beneficiary alone is sufficient?my PD is Jan 2002.how long should i wait? do u people have any idea?

I dont think that they have a procedure to find out this. It wont be an issue.

Good Luck.

meelo said:
My husband is a LPR and I'm here in the U.S. on F-1 visa. If I've happened to be working without work authorization although I always keep my F-1 visa current, do you think USCIS will deny my petition if they find out I happened to be working with "work permit"?

My priority date will be current around summer this year.

Thank you.

Help please

I am curious and want to make sure. In case of FTJ if there are 4 dependents (wife, 3 kids) back home how many I-824 petitions need to be filed ? Is it just one or four I-824 petitions in USCIS? I am assuming it is only one caz all that consulate in India wants to know is whether I-485 has been approved or not and the date. Correct me if I am wrong? Also tell me whether four different cases need to be opened separately or just one for the entire family in the consulate. Please advise and thanks in advance.

Last edited by a moderator:
hi
i'm a physical therapist and will be filing my I-140,I-485 and EAD concurrently this may.
my spouse is an indian national living in saudi,
can anyone help me regarding the procedure for my spouse to join me in u.s.
how long will the whole process take.
thanks in advance.

This depends on your present status. If you are on H1 then she can get H4 and it doesnt matter what is her nationality and what she is doing right now. She will get it.
Other way would be to add her name in the 485 etc and once approved you can file I-824 for her and get the provision of follow to join but it depends how are you gettting your green card. Check all the details of follow to join USCIS site to get some more idea about it. If you are EB3 then it will take years for her to get in. right now for other countries its sitting at May 2001 and you will get PD of either 2005 or 2006 depending on when you applied for your Labor certification.
I would say that better get her here now on H4 or on some student visa and then apply for her here rather waiting for years in this uncertain immigration system.
Let me know if you have any further question.

Good Luck.

physio1981 said:
hi
i'm a physical therapist and will be filing my I-140,I-485 and EAD concurrently this may.
my spouse is an indian national living in saudi,
can anyone help me regarding the procedure for my spouse to join me in u.s.
how long will the whole process take.
thanks in advance.

Better ask the consulate about it. The follow to join docs on USCIS website doesnt say anything about it. I dont know but there are some people who applied for spouses with kids and they can answer this question better. Another thing would be to call DOS and USCIS and ask them.

Good Luck.

gcmera2 said:
I am curious and want to make sure. In case of FTJ if there are 4 dependents (wife, 3 kids) back home how many I-824 petitions need to be filed ? Is it just one or four I-824 petitions in USCIS? I am assuming it is only one caz all that consulate in India wants to know is whether I-485 has been approved or not and the date. Correct me if I am wrong? Also tell me whether four different cases need to be opened separately or just one for the entire family in the consulate. Please advise and thanks in advance.

FTJ got approved in Guangzhou

My husband got his FTJ approved last week in Guangzhou. The interview was easy. Questions are

1. who applied visa for you?
2. What does your wife do?
3. What do you do?

Hope these are helpful for those who are doing FTJ in Guangzhou.

Congratulations and Good Luck to both of you.

snowflake66 said:
My husband got his FTJ approved last week in Guangzhou. The interview was easy. Questions are

1. who applied visa for you?
2. What does your wife do?
3. What do you do?

Hope these are helpful for those who are doing FTJ in Guangzhou.

gcmera2 said:

You are correct. one I-824 petition need to be filled in for all the members.
Consulate creates one case number for all the members listed in FTJ application.

help please

well i got immigrant visa in december 2005
but i am still in india . i want to marry
1- i want before entry to usa will my spouse eligible for following to join benefit
2- if yes then whats the procedure for that

evidence of admission as Legal Permanent Resident

To process the FTJ case further, US Consulate is asking the following certified (attorney or notary) copies .

1. Copy of permanent resident's I-551 (better known as green card, both sides);
2. Complete copy of principal applicant's passport with evidence of admission as Legal Permanent Resident;

Here, what does "evidence of admission as Legal Permanent Resident in Passport" mean ? I didn't have any stampings on my passport. In fact, After I got the green card, I went to India and came back by using green card without having any problem.

Thanks for your help.

drbawa06 said:
1- i want before entry to usa will my spouse eligible for following to join benefit
NO.
You cannot do that. since you got green card now you need to file I-130 and the waiting period for that is around 5 years.
Try getting H1, F1 or visit visa for your wife and get married here.

Hope it helps.

This is the term they always use but a notorize copy of green card stamp on your passport is enough. This is legal term they always use in correspondance.

Good Luck.

agpatti said:
To process the FTJ case further, US Consulate is asking the following certified (attorney or notary) copies .

1. Copy of permanent resident's I-551 (better known as green card, both sides);
2. Complete copy of principal applicant's passport with evidence of admission as Legal Permanent Resident;

Here, what does "evidence of admission as Legal Permanent Resident in Passport" mean ? I didn't have any stampings on my passport. In fact, After I got the green card, I went to India and came back by using green card without having any problem.

Thanks for your help.

Also, make sure you arrive US within given time frame on immigrant visa.

Normally, immigrant visa is valid for max. six months.

kamrans said:
You cannot do that. since you got green card now you need to file I-130 and the waiting period for that is around 5 years.
Try getting H1, F1 or visit visa for your wife and get married here.

Hope it helps.

drbawa06 said:

I think one I-824 is fine in this case.

Also, you can call/mail consulate and see what they are saying.

gcmera2 said:

Did anyone tried anything different?

Hi all
Since the Visa dates are not moving at all and people say that EB3 will become unavailable pretty soon and with the DOL statistics... I dont see any hope that our case will get done in 2 years.
Anyone tried anything different to get visa like visit or something else. Please share your experiences so that we can make a plan how to proceed.

Thanks and Good Luck to all.

Hi

I can feel your pain. I'm also going through the same.

I don't think there is any other alternatives. No one care about us. This so bad, we lost our basic privilege because of the green card. :(

Please check the link below. This one may be possible but no actions since last one year.
http://www.unitefamilies.org/solution/pending.html

Last edited by a moderator:
I was just thinking that since its a special scenario we may get a visit visa for the spouses. I am in the process of contacting senator and see what he can do. Later on I will go ahead and apply for the visit visa. The chances are less but because of our situation now they might consider it.
I contacted the embassy and they told me that I can apply for the B1/B2 visa. Lets see how it goes.

Please anyone here who is having any sort of experience please share it.

Thanks.

NJBLUE said:
Hi

I can feel your pain. I'm also going through the same.

I don't think there is any other alternatives. No one care about us. This so bad, we lost our basic privilege because of the green card. :(

Please check the link below. This one may be possible but no actions since last one year.
http://www.unitefamilies.org/solution/pending.html

Status
Not open for further replies.