Follow To Join....

Status
Not open for further replies.
paras2 said:
Hello POJ, rajinca, srini and other gurus,
My wife is in the FTJ boat. She lived in another state (in India) till 5 years back and I need to get a police clearance certificate from that state for CP.
I am wondering if I should get this PCC right away or if I need to get it
just before her interview. (Please note that she does not have an interview
date yet, and our PD is not current).

In essence, my question is if a Police Clearance Certificate for a previous residence has an expiry date?
thanks,
paras2

I believe Police certificate is valid upto 12 months. it would be best if she can arrange before they ask certificate.

Good Luck

longgone said:
Hello, anyone know if I file F2J petition for my wife, does she have the same priority date as my I-485(EB2)? Her F2J petition will be FB2. If so, she will probably not have to wait for a visa number becoming available for her to complete the F2J process if FB2 priority date is later than my I-485 priority date. Thanks for your advice.

In FTJ periority date is same as Principal and their PD are taken from Principal's periority date.

More clearification:
They would use ur peroirity date for her

hope this would help.

Good Luck

Last edited by a moderator:
I would say wait till you get appointment letter. Any document over six month are not advisable to carry during interview.

paras2 said:
Hello POJ, rajinca, srini and other gurus,
My wife is in the FTJ boat. She lived in another state (in India) till 5 years back and I need to get a police clearance certificate from that state for CP.
I am wondering if I should get this PCC right away or if I need to get it
just before her interview. (Please note that she does not have an interview
date yet, and our PD is not current).

In essence, my question is if a Police Clearance Certificate for a previous residence has an expiry date?
thanks,
paras2

FB2 is for family based petition. Spouse & childern of lawful permanent residents are eligible for that category. PD for these applicants are based on I-130 filling date. It has nothing to do with sponser I-485 PD.

Looks like you are mixing FTJ with FB2. In only FTJ cases, applicant(s) PD is decided by principal I-485 applicant.

longgone said:
Hello, anyone know if I file F2J petition for my wife, does she have the same priority date as my I-485(EB2)? Her F2J petition will be FB2. If so, she will probably not have to wait for a visa number becoming available for her to complete the F2J process if FB2 priority date is later than my I-485 priority date. Thanks for your advice.

police clearance certificate

Hi,
how to obtain police clearance certificate in NYC, any special forms, etc?
Thanks for reply :)

monkaa said:
Hi,
how to obtain police clearance certificate in NYC, any special forms, etc?
Thanks for reply :)

I believe u are misunderstanding that u need police certificate, thats not true.

Spouse at home country need police certificate not the principel applicant.

Not sure but if spouse(FTJ benificiries) have lived in US before and later moved to home country and now he/she is going through FTJ process would need or would not need poice certificate from here,

You may find this info how to get police certificate, but its for ppl who are here(becz it need to go to auth private FP services) not for who live home country.

I believe even spouse lived here once, don't need certificate from US.

If they(consulate ppl) do ask to get(which I bileve noone shared before) it may would only be done at consular office, or ur spouse may write to FBI they woujld guide how can ur spouse get police certificate, read the links.

http://www.amcits.com/police_certificate.asp

Here how to get local police certificate.

http://www.canadavisa.com/documents/sec_state.htm

Good Luck

National Visa Center (CP/ Consular Processing), something interesting

Dear Friends

One of my friend shared some info , You may find interesting.

Good Luck

----------------------------------------------------------
(Note: source of info is unkown, so read this on your own risk)

National Visa Center

Qualifying Date Concept of NVC

Each month when the Visa Bulletin is released, if any dates moved forward, the NVC sorts all the cases by date to find those that are ready for processing.

The NVC operates based upon what they term the "qualifying date,” rather than the priority date. The qualifying date, used by NVC for internal purposes only, is approximately eight to twelve months ahead of the Visa Office priority date. Of course, there is no guarantee that the priority date will actually become current eight to twelve months after the qualifying date. In cases where the qualifying date is not current, the NVC does not continue processing the case. When the qualifying date becomes current, the fee bill is sent to the applicant and, upon receipt of fees, the instruction packet (formerly known as Packet 3) is mailed. This explains why some applicants have continued receiving fee bills and instruction packets from the NVC despite their priority dates not being current. Examples are when the family receives the bill for the fee even after the minor children have become adults and are no longer eligible for the immigrant visa since the NVC works on the "qualifying date" concept instead of the priority date to process their paperwork. The goal is to have everything in place in a timely manner so that the case can proceed once the priority date is current.

Operations at NVC

The NVC is a very large facility that handles an enormous number of petitions. To deal with the massive volume their operations are automated and streamlined. Following is a summary of some key processes, as well as some statistics on the volume of work handled by the NVC.

Standard Consular or Appointment Review Consular posts are designated as either “Standard Review” or “Appointment Review” posts. All of the Indian consulates are Standard Review posts. For these consulates, the NVC collects the DS-230 Part I, I-864 Affidavit of Support (if applicable), the fee and other basic initial documentation such as tax returns and W2s. The case is then forwarded to the consulate (provided that the qualifying date is current), which schedules the interview appointment.

For “Appointment Review” posts, which include Montreal, Tirana, Ankara, Abu Dhabi, and all African posts, the NVC does a more extensive document collection and schedules the interview appointment for the applicant.

Standard Review In a Standard Review case in which some initial documentation is missing, the NVC will send a request for the missing documents. When this happens, the file is taken out of the normal stream of processing, which can result in delays to the case.

Incoming NVC Mail The NVC receives between 100,000 and 120,000 pieces of mail each week. They send out approximately 13,000 bills for fees and 23,000 information packets each week. Although many mailings are automated, the information packets for some consulates have to be compiled manually, which the hard-working NVC staff does at the rate of over 100 per hour.

Telephone Inquiries The NVC receives 3000 to 3500 telephone inquiries per day. They have 15 to 25 operators working two shifts, from 7:30 a.m. to midnight Eastern Time (U.S.). It is suggested that the best time to call is between 8:00 and 10:00 a.m. or between 9:00 p.m. and midnight.

Timeframes for Data Input Most petitions are scanned into the NVC database and given an NVC case number within 24 hours of being received from the USCIS. This case number is used to track the case throughout its duration at the NVC.

Quality Control The NVC prides itself on quality control. Each petition is reviewed by at least two people before being sent to the consulate.

Consular Posts Distribution Approximately 40% of the cases processed at the NVC are destined for posts in Mexico. The NVC ships boxes of cases to each post in weekly cycles. Cases are sent to certain consulates on certain days of the week. Expedited cases, such as K-1, K-3, adoption and “age-out” cases, are sent immediately and do not wait for the weekly shipment.

Cases Sent by Consulates to NVC for Revocation If a consulate returns a case for revocation, it is sent to the NVC for tracking purposes and the NVC returns it to the USCIS, which processes the revocation. The case only stays at the NVC for a few days. These are cases in which the petitions are approved by the USCIS, but the consulates detect something that indicates the cases should not have bee approved.

NVC staff provided some helpful tips on how to make the processing of a case as smooth as possible, and how to best avoid delays. These include the following:

Do Not Send in Unsolicited Documents Additional documentation should not be sent until requested by the NVC. Because operations at the NVC are highly automated, items (such as fee payment, affidavit of support and other forms) that are received before a request has been issued tend to complicate processing and delay the respective cases. We note that the same appears to be true of processing at USCIS Service Centers – it is generally best to not send additional information until requested.

Include Table of Contents Including a table of contents and tabbing documents is very helpful and enables NVC staff to process a case more efficiently. This seems especially useful for “Appointment Post” cases, which are more document-intensive.

Notify if Switching from CP to AOS The NVC would like to be notified regarding cases in which a person who marked the immigrant visa petition (I-140 or I-130) for consular processing has opted instead to proceed with adjustment of status. This helps them to streamline their file storage.

Explain Unavailable Tax Returns If the sponsor or joint-sponsor filing the I-864 was not required to file a U.S. tax return for one or more of the last three years, s/he should send a letter explaining the situation to avoid a request for additional documents. A separate tax return authorization form (provided by the NVC) is required for each sponsor and joint sponsor. The form can be photocopied, but only for use with the same case, as the form is bar-coded to be matched with that particular case.

Mark if Aging Out Issue In cases where a child is about to age out (turn 21 years old), the NVC will short-cut the normal process and send the file directly to the consulate, provided that a visa number is available. It is important that petitioners, beneficiaries, or their attorneys notify the NVC of such cases so that they may take the appropriate steps to expedite these cases. There are, however, no guarantees that such cases will be processed in time, despite the best efforts of the NVC.

Clearly Mark Schedule A Cases to Avoid Their Being Considered EB3 Employment-based, third preference (EB3) Schedule A petitions (such as those for nurses and physical therapists) should be clearly marked across the front as “Schedule A.” At the time of this writing, this category is still current. Marking the cases should ensure that they are not mistakenly shelved because of the unavailability of visa numbers for other EB3 cases. This is good practice for all Schedule A petitions, whether filed for consular processing or adjustment of status

---------------------------------------------------

Good Luck

usnycus said:
FB2 is for family based petition. Spouse & childern of lawful permanent residents are eligible for that category. PD for these applicants are based on I-130 filling date. It has nothing to do with sponser I-485 PD.

Looks like you are mixing FTJ with FB2. In only FTJ cases, applicant(s) PD is decided by principal I-485 applicant.

Thanks for clarifying the concept. There is another question. The visa bulletin only publishes FB and EB priority dates. I was in EB2. My wife's FTJ priority date will be the same as mine. But it is FB or EB?

If it's FTJ, spouse will get your PD.

It's EB2 under visa number sestion.

longgone said:
Thanks for clarifying the concept. There is another question. The visa bulletin only publishes FB and EB priority dates. I was in EB2. My wife's FTJ priority date will be the same as mine. But it is FB or EB?

Happy Diwali

Happy Diwali to All Friends
HTML:
/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\
@                                                                              @
@                  / |  \                              \  | /                  @
@                /   @   \                            \   @   /                @
@               --  @+@   --                        --   @+@  --               @
@              --  @| |@  --                        --  @| |@  --              @
@              --  @| |@  --                        --  @| |@  --              @
@              --  @|*|@  --                        --  @|*|@  --              @
@                \  @|@  /                            /  @|@  \                @
@                    #                                    #                    @
@    ##################                                  ##################    @
@     #@            @#           Wish you all a           #@            @#     @
@      #@          @#         Happy, Cheerful and          #@          @#      @
@       ############           Prosperous Diwali.           ############       @

Heartiest Greetings
The following is a Diwali blessing by Swami Chidanand Saraswati (Muniji):

May the light of love and devotion shine brightly in your hearts.
May the light of understanding shine in your minds.
May the light of harmony glow in your home.
May the light of service shine forth ceaselessly from your hands.
May the light of peace emanate from your being.
May your presence light the lamps of love and peace wherever you go.
May your smile, your words and your actions be as sweet as the sweets of this festive season.
May Maha Laxmi bring you the true wealth of health, happiness, peace and spiritual upliftment.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Happy Eid Mubarak

Happy Eid Mubarak to all Friends
HTML:
                         _   _
    {@} * {@}          | | | | __ _ _ __  _ __  _   _           {@} * {@}
 {@} * {@} * {@}       | |_| |/ _` | '_ \| '_ \| | | |        @} * {@} * {@}
 * {@} * {@} * .;      |  _  | (_| | |_) | |_) | |_| |     : * {@} * {@} * .;
} * {@} * {@} * {@}    |_| |_|\__,_| .__/| .__/ \__, |    {@} * {@} * {@} * {
 ; * ; {@} * ; * :                 |_|   |_|    |___/      * ; * ; {@} * ; *
;\ \ \ \| /  / /;            _____   ___   ____             ;\ \ \ \| /  / /;
   \\ \ Y/ / /              | ____| |_ _| |  _ \               \\ \ Y/ / /
    `_\ |/ _'               |  _|    | |  | | | |               `_\ |/ _'
    / \\Y// \               | |___   | |  | |_| |               / \\Y// \
   ( ,-}={-, )              |_____| |___| |____/               ( ,-}={-, )
    \_//((\_/ _  __           _                              _  \_//((\_/
     //))(\ |  \/  |  _   _  | |__     __ _   _ __   __ _  | | _ //))(\
      (/  ))| |\/| | | | | | | '_ \   / _` | | '__| / _` | | |/ | (/  ))
         (( | |  | | | |_| | | |_) | | (_| | | |   | (_| | |   <     ((
          \)|_|  |_|  \__,_| |_.__/   \__,_| |_|    \__,_| |_|\_\     \)
                         `
        _(_)_                        _(_)_                          wWWWw   _
       (_)@(_)   vVVVv   @@@@       (_)@(_)   vVVVv     _     @@@@  (___) _(_
@ wWWWw  (_)\    (___)  @@()@@ wWWWw  (_)\    (___)   _(_)_  @@()@@   Y  (_)@
  (___)     `|/    Y     @@@@  (___)     `|/    Y    (_)@(_)  @@@@   \|/   (_
    Y       \|    \|/     /      Y       \|    \|/    /(_)    \|      |/
  \ |/       | / \ | / \ |     \ |/       | / \ | /  \|/       |/    \|
  \\|///  \\\|//\\\|///  |//   \\|///  \\\|//\\\|/// \|///  \\\|//  \\|//  \\
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

May God's peace and blessings be upon you

Where will the spouses of EB3 will get their numbers from if S. 1932 Bill pass?

Hello Guys,

I have a HUGE doubt - One fundamental Question. Where will the DOS get the VISA numbers from for the Spouses and family Members if they Dont Count them from the Available Employment based Quota. The issued Visa Numbers should come from somewhere right?

We all have green cards but our spuses are waiting unfortunately back home for the priority dates to become current. If their quota is removed out of the EB numbers, would they fall back to the general Family based numbers then? That would be TOO BAD and NASTY!!!

What do you guys think?

Ansi.
======
Still struggling with Chennai consulate to correct the priority date of my wife's FTJ Case. They entered it as my GC approved date (Feb 2005) instead of the original pd (May 2000). God knows when it will get corrected!

ansi2004 said:
Hello Guys,

I have a HUGE doubt - One fundamental Question. Where will the DOS get the VISA numbers from for the Spouses and family Members if they Dont Count them from the Available Employment based Quota. The issued Visa Numbers should come from somewhere right?

We all have green cards but our spuses are waiting unfortunately back home for the priority dates to become current. If their quota is removed out of the EB numbers, would they fall back to the general Family based numbers then? That would be TOO BAD and NASTY!!!

What do you guys think?

Ansi.
======
Still struggling with Chennai consulate to correct the priority date of my wife's FTJ Case. They entered it as my GC approved date (Feb 2005) instead of the original pd (May 2000). God knows when it will get corrected!

It might be like this,
1)They might grant an immigrant Visa if the PD gets current, linked to the primary. or
2)Since this bill technically removes quota on dependants, it will be like H1's where dependants will get a Visa but not from the H1Cap right. or
3)Even if they allocate from Family Quote, if its linked to PD, then they will allocate a VISA Number from the Family based immigration when your PD gets current.
Even though we F2J are not direct beneficiaries of this BILL, there will be significant movements in PD's which works well for us as the only thing holding back F2J cases is PD movement..
Something to Cheer ....

ansi2004 said:
Hello Guys,

What do you guys think?

Ansi.
======

Hi Ansi

How did you find out about the incorrect PD date. Did they send you a packet#3?

Please let us know.

Thanks

rammyrammy said:
It might be like this,
1)They might grant an immigrant Visa if the PD gets current, linked to the primary. or
2)Since this bill technically removes quota on dependants, it will be like H1's where dependants will get a Visa but not from the H1Cap right. or
3)Even if they allocate from Family Quote, if its linked to PD, then they will allocate a VISA Number from the Family based immigration when your PD gets current.
Even though we F2J are not direct beneficiaries of this BILL, there will be significant movements in PD's which works well for us as the only thing holding back F2J cases is PD movement..
Something to Cheer ....

Hi

I think it is going to be either 1 or 2 . I'm hoping for item#2, :)

I believe FTJ will not be linked with family based quota.
The rule/law should be same for FTJ applicants and dependents of a 485 applicant. I mean the visas have to be issued from same pool.

Thanks

I had called them to get my case number

NJBLUE said:
Hi Ansi

How did you find out about the incorrect PD date. Did they send you a packet#3?

Please let us know.

Thanks

After I sent all the packet 3 docs to initiate the FTJ process, I waited for 2 weeks and emailed them and called them. They gave me a case number and mentioned the (Wrong) priority date and told me I have to wait till it becomes current. Later, after about 2 months, they sent me an email with the case number too.

Ever since then, the struggle started to correct the wrong PD (thru sevaral phone calls, sevaral emails and sevaral postal letters) but no breakthrough yet. Once they told me to contact USCIS to send them a notification with the corrected PD (and also told me that THEY understand this will take a long time but THIS IS the way to go).

From the postings here, it looks like many cases are facing this issue. We dont have a clue about rectifying it.

Any more ideas? Can we contact local congressman to issue a cable to NVC requesting to correct the PDs?

Thanks,
Ansi

We dont know how the family members will get their GCs.

NJBLUE said:
Hi

I think it is going to be either 1 or 2 . I'm hoping for item#2, :)

I believe FTJ will not be linked with family based quota.
The rule/law should be same for FTJ applicants and dependents of a 485 applicant. I mean the visas have to be issued from same pool.

Thanks

All of us here are assuming that spouse and children will be given Green Cards without any limit on how many can be issued! (Similar to how H4 visas are issued without any limit on quota... Eg. Only 65000 H1 workers can come inside... but it is possible to issue INNUMERABLE H4 visas for their dependants)

Also, that does not mean that they will not be given work permits... All GC holders will be eligible to work I suppose!

But my fearful question is that, Why would they give away INNUMERABLE GCs for dependant spouse and children when their system has a limited number of immigrant visas. Although it is our wishful thinking, it does not sound promising... What are all your thoughts on this?

Ansi.

I-693 question

Hello,
My question may be a bit stupid or unrelated to some but your answer is a big help for me:
in I-693 medical exam form what is "File Number (A Number)"? I just got my labor certificate and want to apply for I140/I485.
Thank you in advance,
Asib

Status
Not open for further replies.