Follow To Join....

Status
Not open for further replies.
re: interview date

hi, may i ask if someone in this forum who is from the Philippines who is also a follow to join case Ex category? i just want to ask how soon should i be interviewed since my case was completed and qualified july 20, 2005. the embassy told me its 120 days waiting time. but it seems oct and nov schedule in the website for philippines s already out and still i was not scheduled. hope to hear inputs from you. thanks.

Priority Date for Chennai People

Please post your priority date If your application is waiting in chennai consulate. This Way we can track How things are moving.

aix2005 said:
Please post your priority date If your application is waiting in chennai consulate. This Way we can track How things are moving.

PD 5/12/2000. But Chennai consulate guys have mistakenly entered my GC approval date as my wife's priority date. Any ideas about correcting it with them? I had called couple of times and they would not listen! I sent an email but no response. I sent a letter via post but no response... What else can we do? Any ideas... please share!

Ansi.

ansi2004 said:
PD 5/12/2000. But Chennai consulate guys have mistakenly entered my GC approval date as my wife's priority date. Any ideas about correcting it with them? I had called couple of times and they would not listen! I sent an email but no response. I sent a letter via post but no response... What else can we do? Any ideas... please share!

Ansi.
How do you know about your case status?
I called them once last month, the lady over there replied harshly without even asking who I am, why I called. She didnt listen at all, but told me to call after a month. I called last night, some one hung up on me(it was the consulate) without saying Hello. I dont know how to approach the consulate. I emailed them 3 weeks back, didnt get any response yet.
Any Ideas guys??

ansi2004 said:

Ansi.

Hi Ansi:

It is extremely frustrating to get some thing corrected with the consulate if they enter ur data wrong. I went thru a similar problem; my wife's category was put in a different one than mine (EB-3 instead of EB-1). It took me three months of patient calling. My lawyer emailed, called to no avail. I kept calling and the lady wouldn't listen to me (she is very harsh). Emails are of no use. One fine day (was probably my lucky day), I called and talked in a very submissive and down to the earth tone, telling her my story; she some how listened and asked me to email the approval again (as an attachment). Enthusiastically I sent all the pertinent approvals I thought were necessary; she replied rudely asking me to send only 485 approval. I sent another mail next day apologizing; I got an email next day saying the category was changed (corrected)... It is absolutely necessary to change it; keep calling, be calm and submissive... they r the bosses till u get ur work done... I lost 5 months because of the mistake...

Srini

How to get GC for adopted child

hi all,

i need some help and guidance. my brother in law and his wife want to adopt a poor girl from our country, but we are completely clueless on the process and afraid of being taken for a ride by stupid lawyers. i am hoping that someone out there might have some idea on the process and can help clarify a bit for us.

here is the situation: my brother in law has GC and is about to file for citizenship. his wife is a citizen and the girl is back in our country. we are trying to figure out what the best options are for the girl. some questions are:

1-is there a specific adoption process to follow for the girl to get the GC?

2-our laywer is telling us that a private company will come out to check my brother in law's house to make sure its suitable and that this company may charge about $1,500. any idea if this accurate? anyone had this before?

3-how long will it take to get GC for the girl? will it be fast (lest than 1 year) since his wife is a cizitzen?

4-will she get my brother in law's priority date through derivative status or will she be categorized as 1st preference under his wife who is a citizen?

i really hope someone can help. thank you in advance for sharing your thoughts and experience on this!!!!

foret1 said:
hi all,

i need some help and guidance. my brother in law and his wife want to adopt a poor girl from our country, but we are completely clueless on the process and afraid of being taken for a ride by stupid lawyers. i am hoping that someone out there might have some idea on the process and can help clarify a bit for us.

here is the situation: my brother in law has GC and is about to file for citizenship. his wife is a citizen and the girl is back in our country. we are trying to figure out what the best options are for the girl. some questions are:

1-is there a specific adoption process to follow for the girl to get the GC?

2-our laywer is telling us that a private company will come out to check my brother in law's house to make sure its suitable and that this company may charge about $1,500. any idea if this accurate? anyone had this before?

3-how long will it take to get GC for the girl? will it be fast (lest than 1 year) since his wife is a cizitzen?

4-will she get my brother in law's priority date through derivative status or will she be categorized as 1st preference under his wife who is a citizen?

i really hope someone can help. thank you in advance for sharing your thoughts and experience on this!!!!

Read this

Adoption Guidelines - Bringing Your Child Home to the United States

http://www.state.gov/m/dghr/flo/rsrcs/pubs/7321.htm

Adoption Guidelines - Understanding the Role of the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) in International Adoptions

http://www.state.gov/m/dghr/flo/rsrcs/pubs/7311.htm

Frequently Asked Questions and Answers about Adoption and Immigration

http://www.hooyou.com/adoption/faq.html

Its good to research it and und before u start process.

Good Luck

I-130

Hi,
Someone answered this question.
Can I file for I-130, for spouse with the F2J pending. Is it OK to have a both pending.
I know F2J is faster. But Its has been already 5 months Since, So I am just thinking about just joining the I-130 queue, to Save time on that.
Some one let me know if its OK to have both applications Pending..

Thanks
Rammy.

rammyrammy said:
Hi,
Someone answered this question.
Can I file for I-130, for spouse with the F2J pending. Is it OK to have a both pending.
I know F2J is faster. But Its has been already 5 months Since, So I am just thinking about just joining the I-130 queue, to Save time on that.
Some one let me know if its OK to have both applications Pending..

Thanks
Rammy.

I believe You can file,

Plz share your wisdom with us that filing 130 is worth in somehow while FtJ is in process?

Good Luck.

thank you so much PrinceofJungle! appreciate it!!!

PrinceofJungle said:
Read this

Adoption Guidelines - Bringing Your Child Home to the United States

http://www.state.gov/m/dghr/flo/rsrcs/pubs/7321.htm

Adoption Guidelines - Understanding the Role of the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) in International Adoptions

http://www.state.gov/m/dghr/flo/rsrcs/pubs/7311.htm

Frequently Asked Questions and Answers about Adoption and Immigration

http://www.hooyou.com/adoption/faq.html

Its good to research it and und before u start process.

Good Luck

PrinceofJungle said:
I believe You can file,

Plz share your wisdom with us that filing 130 is worth in somehow while FtJ is in process?

Good Luck.

This may help us to get our spouse on V-visa if HR 1850 gets passed..

HI aix2005.

can you tell me more what is HR2005? I did a quick search on the web, but it is sth. related to army? Thank you

ant said:
HI aix2005.

can you tell me more what is HR2005? I did a quick search on the web, but it is sth. related to army? Thank you

I am sorry .. It is actually HR1823 .. Search the pending bills in 109th congress for more information

Is there anyone here, whose FTJ case was created in Chennai prior to July 25 and have not got the appointment?

scn0718 said:
Is there anyone here, whose FTJ case was created in Chennai prior to July 25 and have not got the appointment?

I sent in my letter and documents on Aug 15th. I dint get any feed back from the chennai Consulate. Technically i dont know, whether they created a case or not. The chennai Consulate Publishes every month(on 10th) the appointments schedule for the next month. Earlier it used to be just Case numbers and dates. Now they are also publishing the names of the persons. Its good thing atleast we have a place to goto.

HR1823, is a verygood piece of legislation solves the problems of LPR's. But the only problem is it has 1 Sponsor+7 co sponsors all democrats. So its just sitting there for the last 6 months. If that bill passes and we dont have a pending I130, we again have to wait 6 months..

The other things are Pending Immigration reform Bill. which raises the quota for family immigration..

Well with all these talking thier own time our only Hope of F2J is also crippled with retrogression...

Apply for H1B while I-130 pending

Hi all,
I am Permanent Resident and I have applied for my spouse's GC through I-130.

My husband recently got a job and his employer is willing to sponsor his H-1B visa. Can we apply for H-1B visa while his I-130 is pending?

Will the pending I-130 have any effect on H1B visa since I-130 indicates your intent to immigration?

Thanks
patkt

Status
Not open for further replies.