Follow To Join....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Movement of Priority Dates

stuck_in_ftj said:
This retrogression (october 2005 bulletin) has hit us so bad. Does anybody have any clue abt the forward movement of cut-off dates ?

My wife's PD - August 5, 2002
Category - EB3
I-824 approved - March 4, 2005
Case Opened in Mumbai Consulate - June, 2005
Received P3 in mail - July, 2005

I believe they will not be able to schedule interview till E3 visa numbers become available for her priority date.

Any alternate route/suggestions would really help.

Thanks.

Sorry to hear about your wait.

Unfortunately, the Priority Dates move rather randomly.

It's no good trying to guess.

Making a guess could make you feel hopeless
or hopeful. So just wait patiently.

If you think she can come to USA as
a H-1 or L-1 then try that route.

Some folks on the I-485 forum suggested cancelling
the Green Card, and go for a H-1 again, then you
can bring wife on H-4.

However, you have to start GC process all over
again; but you can use Labor Substitution or PERM
process for another EB category like EB2 or EB1 based on your
cumulative work experience and qualifications.

Other alternatives for immigrating are not practical
i.e using Family-Based F2A preference category.

Last resort is to immigrate to other places, like
Canada, Australia, New Zealand or England.

Good luck and don't worry.

Too late for Following to Join

pmiteshr said:
Dear Friends,

Recently got my Green Card( I-551 stamp) on my passport. I have not landed yet. I got the GC in F2B category and currently i'm living in Canada as PR.

Is it okay, if i get married before landing to USA???

What are the options available for me to bring my spouse to USA soon rather than waiting for 5-6 years???

Can my spouse eligible for "follow to join" benifit??

Thanks all for your kind response.

MP

No. Because you already got I-551 i.e. Permanent Residence.

What are the options available for me to bring my spouse to USA soon rather than waiting for 5-6 years???
She can come by herself with work visa (L-1, or H-1).

No, because you have Permanent Residence already stamped
on your passport. You need to be married *before* the I-551
is stamped on your passport.

Good luck

mojavetoo said:
Sorry to hear about your wait.

Unfortunately, the Priority Dates move rather randomly.

It's no good trying to guess.

Making a guess could make you feel hopeless
or hopeful. So just wait patiently.

If you think she can come to USA as
a H-1 or L-1 then try that route.

Some folks on the I-485 forum suggested cancelling
the Green Card, and go for a H-1 again, then you
can bring wife on H-4.

However, you have to start GC process all over
again; but you can use Labor Substitution or PERM
process for another EB category like EB2 or EB1 based on your
cumulative work experience and qualifications.

Other alternatives for immigrating are not practical
i.e using Family-Based F2A preference category.

Last resort is to immigrate to other places, like
Canada, Australia, New Zealand or England.

Good luck and don't worry.

Thanks Mojavetoo. I appriciate your quick reply.

Now my question is, do you really think the options (cancelling GC, moving to some other country) you suggested are worth giving a chance ?? Because i studied bulletins for last 7 years regards to E3 visa for Indian nationals - not this bad but similar kind of retrogression happened in 2000 and the dates came back to "current" within a year or so. Can we hope same kind of movement ?

H-1/L-1 are options.. for H-1B, we'll have to wait till next yr's quota (Oct '06).
I am researching for L-1, but no leads so far.

Can she try for "Visitor Visa" with cover letter explaining the situation.. is it worth giving a try ?? :confused:

I am also thinking of another alternative of taking Re-Entry Permit and go back to India for 2 yrs (till she gets her visa).

This situation is very depressing.. I really hope strong lobbying/rejection from all affected ppl - make DOS change the dates..

Give me your feedback.

Last edited by a moderator:
pmiteshr said:
Dear Friends,

Recently got my Green Card( I-551 stamp) on my passport. I have not landed yet. I got the GC in F2B category and currently i'm living in Canada as PR.

Thanks all for your kind response.

MP

http://uscis.gov/graphics/howdoi/Appproc.htm

Following-to-Join Benefits for Spouses
Please note: This section is only applicable to lawful permanent residents who did not gain their LPR status as an immediate relative (parent, spouse, or unmarried child under 21 years of age) of a U.S. citizen.
If you were married before you became a lawful permanent resident, and your spouse did not physically accompany you to the U.S., your spouse may be eligible for following-to-join benefits. This means that you do not have to submit a separate Form I-130, Petition for Alien Relative, for your spouse, and your spouse will not have to wait any extra time for a visa number to become available. In this case, you may simply notify a U.S. Consulate that you are a lawful permanent resident so that your spouse can apply for an immigrant visa. Your spouse may be eligible for following-to-join benefits if your relationship still exists and if one of the following is applicable:

You received a diversity immigrant visa
You received an employment-based immigrant visa
You received an immigrant visa based on your relationship to your U.S. citizen sibling
You received an immigrant visa based on your relationship to your U.S. citizen parent when you were already married

(For information on following-to-join benefits for children of lawful permanent residents, please see Petitioning Procedures: Bringing a Child to Live in the United States.)

------------------------------------------------------

FTJ is for ppl who married before their spouse get LPR status.

U can choose option to bring her here as independent visa. or if u get married u can follow 130 family based GC path, no doubt this would take long time.

Try to get any visa for her before ur marriage (becz at consulate if she lie about marriage ,may get visa bar in future, so don't lie), before marriage she whould try to get any kind of visa, once she is there u married, and she can maintain her individual status. u may fild 130 and wait untillshe get qualified to file her G.C.

Good Luck

Retrogression.

whats the effect of retrogression on F2J Cases?

This Page says that, eligible(for F2J) spouses dont have to wait for the availability of Visa Numbers?
Following-to-Join Benefits for Spouses
Please note: This section is only applicable to lawful permanent residents who did not gain their LPR status as an immediate relative (parent, spouse, or unmarried child under 21 years of age) of a U.S. citizen.
If you were married before you became a lawful permanent resident, and your spouse did not physically accompany you to the U.S., your spouse may be eligible for following-to-join benefits. This means that you do not have to submit a separate Form I-130, Petition for Alien Relative, for your spouse, and your spouse will not have to wait any extra time for a visa number to become available. In this case, you may simply notify a U.S. Consulate that you are a lawful permanent resident so that your spouse can apply for an immigrant visa. Your spouse may be eligible for following-to-join benefits if your relationship still exists and if one of the following is applicable:

* You received a diversity immigrant visa
* You received an employment-based immigrant visa
* You received an immigrant visa based on your relationship to your U.S. citizen sibling
* You received an immigrant visa based on your relationship to your U.S. citizen parent when you were already married

The USCIS site is dead wrong

rammyrammy said:

This Page says that, eligible(for F2J) spouses dont have to wait for the availability of Visa Numbers?

Retrogression affects all immigrant visa applicants, irregardless
of whether you are Adjusting status in USA or doing consular processing
in a consular post overseas.

The information on http://uscis.gov/graphics/howdoi/Appproc.htm
is wrong.

rammyrammy said:

Rammy Rammy:

I am sorry to say it but it is not true. For FTJ, the PD and the category of the prinicipal applicant transfers. Nothing else; I think there was a discussion about this some where in the thread, wherein this confusion was discussed. From my experience with the FTJ (got my wife's FTJ on May 19th, 2005 from Chennai, India), this is not true. All the immigrant applicants will have to wait for the visa numbers and with FTJ the only advantage is the PD transfers; and recently doesn't sound like an advantage anymore with PDs retrogressing so back... (looking back at the bulletin archives, never was there a retrogression on FTJ PDs before Jan of 2005)....

Be patient and good luck to u guys

srini_pvr said:
Rammy Rammy:

I am sorry to say it but it is not true. For FTJ, the PD and the category of the prinicipal applicant transfers. Nothing else; I think there was a discussion about this some where in the thread, wherein this confusion was discussed. From my experience with the FTJ (got my wife's FTJ on May 19th, 2005 from Chennai, India), this is not true. All the immigrant applicants will have to wait for the visa numbers and with FTJ the only advantage is the PD transfers; and recently doesn't sound like an advantage anymore with PDs retrogressing so back... (looking back at the bulletin archives, never was there a retrogression on FTJ PDs before Jan of 2005)....

Be patient and good luck to u guys
Thank You all for the responses.. Just looking for light in the end of the Tunnel..
If thats true why is USCIS published it on thier webpage? Anyways .. my PD is Apr2002.
Patience it is .... !

Ftj Help Urgent

Hi every one:

I was wondering on the papers required for the interview for the spouse's immigrant visa under FTJ benefit. My I-485 got approved under employment basis and my wife is in India and wants to file for immigrant visa under FTJ. We married before my I-485 approval. My priority date is current.

My concern is does SHE(my wife) need to show in her interview the following things: like my employment DETAILS including job title, employer's letter, pay checks, proof that I am in the same job from which I got greencard etc?

What if I change the employer who sponsored me after the I-485 approval? Can the Chennai consulate deny my wife's immigrant visa under FTJ if I change the employer immediately after my I-485 approval? Do I have to stick to the same employer who sponsored me in order to get the FTJ benefit for my wife? Please share your experiences on this.

gcmera2 said:
Hi every one:

I was wondering on the papers required for the interview for the spouse's immigrant visa under FTJ benefit. My I-485 got approved under employment basis and my wife is in India and wants to file for immigrant visa under FTJ. We married before my I-485 approval. My priority date is current.

My concern is does SHE(my wife) need to show in her interview the following things: like my employment DETAILS including job title, employer's letter, pay checks, proof that I am in the same job from which I got greencard etc?

What if I change the employer who sponsored me after the I-485 approval? Can the Chennai consulate deny my wife's immigrant visa under FTJ if I change the employer immediately after my I-485 approval? Do I have to stick to the same employer who sponsored me in order to get the FTJ benefit for my wife? Please share your experiences on this.

I believe she just have to show proof that you are employed but not necessarily with the same job that got you the card! Proof of employment is needed to convince the consulate that you have enough income to support your wife!

I have another question for you! If your priority date is current, your prority date must be before 98 (if u r EB3). Since you are applying for FTJ benefits, you must have been married before your card was approved. I guess that must have happened around 2002. If my assumptions are correct, have you waited for 3 years to get your wife here? Thats too long of a wait is n't it? Did you do anything to be together during this wait time? I am just wondering. Pls no offense!

Ansi.

need some help

Hi everyone,
New to the forum but a regular visitor,infact doing FTJ for wife/2kids with the help of this forum...sent I-824 approval +other relevent doc to US consulate Islamabad asking them to contact my wife ...instead
1) I received packet 3.5 here in the US
2) They are asking for I-864...I thought it would be I-134.
3) The PD on the cover letter is JUNE,2005 (the date they received I-824) where as my PD as per my I-140 is APRIL,2001 catagory E3.
Any info in this regard would be helpful

Do they Issue Non Immigrant Visas to Spouses of LPR's?

This is a Wierd Question. and Stupid Question....

Do they issue Visitor or Non Immigrant Visas to Spouses oF LPR's.
The DS-156 form has a clear question regarding this(Do you have any of these people living in US, husbands mother father etc) .
And so if we say the truth that a Spouse is an LPR and I want a Student or Visitor VISA? They will get a reject right?
Does this mean that Non Immigrant Visa Option is totally Closed?

The main question I have is, Can some one tell me if they got a Non Immigrant VISA with the above Situation? or
can my Wife go for a visitor VISA, telling that I am Visiting my HUSBAND.( :) )...
(Kind of wierd, people can go and visit brothers sisters.. and everyone else.. except spouses...)..

yogart said:
Hi everyone,
New to the forum but a regular visitor,infact doing FTJ for wife/2kids with the help of this forum...sent I-824 approval +other relevent doc to US consulate Islamabad asking them to contact my wife ...instead
1) I received packet 3.5 here in the US
2) They are asking for I-864...I thought it would be I-134.
3) The PD on the cover letter is JUNE,2005 (the date they received I-824) where as my PD as per my I-140 is APRIL,2001 catagory E3.
Any info in this regard would be helpful

Plz share detail about 485,824 ND/AD?
when did u send to consulate?
what doc?
what did u included? what did ask them ?

also check ur pvt-message

Good Luck

rammyrammy said:
This is a Wierd Question. and Stupid Question....

Do they issue Visitor or Non Immigrant Visas to Spouses oF LPR's.
The DS-156 form has a clear question regarding this(Do you have any of these people living in US, husbands mother father etc) .
And so if we say the truth that a Spouse is an LPR and I want a Student or Visitor VISA? They will get a reject right?
Does this mean that Non Immigrant Visa Option is totally Closed?

The main question I have is, Can some one tell me if they got a Non Immigrant VISA with the above Situation? or
can my Wife go for a visitor VISA, telling that I am Visiting my HUSBAND.( :) )...
(Kind of wierd, people can go and visit brothers sisters.. and everyone else.. except spouses...)..

First Unerstand this that ur spouse may apply B1/B2 visa , only thing keep in mind 'don't lie' on visa forms or she would be facing upto 3-10 year bar.

If u can't wait for FTJ then best option to bring her here is to apply H? visa. if she qualify u can try F visa too.
more chance from H? visa because if she qualify they won't object based on ur huband is there.

Good luck

I864

Hi Ansi, RM, POJ and everybody ....

hope u all remember me ..... i cud not check this forum for last 5 weeks ... out of contract and found a new one changed state ....

regarding FTJ for my wife, I got case number they said they sent packet 3. we did not receive. I talked to them. I emailed them as they said. They replied me in email with 4 forms (I guess thats is wot packet 3 is !!?). Those are, DS2001, DS2002, DS0230 (I guess while replying also we need to send only the part 1 - like how we did when we sent last time) and I864pkg....

First 3 seems to be simple. Could anyone share their experience abt 864 ? Last time when I sent I just sent the bank statment with balance.... now they r specificaly asking 12 month statement....!!!! ???? :) ....

Thanks.

mega007 said:
Hi Ansi, RM, POJ and everybody ....

hope u all remember me ..... i cud not check this forum for last 5 weeks ... out of contract and found a new one changed state ....

regarding FTJ for my wife, I got case number they said they sent packet 3. we did not receive. I talked to them. I emailed them as they said. They replied me in email with 4 forms (I guess thats is wot packet 3 is !!?). Those are, DS2001, DS2002, DS0230 (I guess while replying also we need to send only the part 1 - like how we did when we sent last time) and I864pkg....

First 3 seems to be simple. Could anyone share their experience abt 864 ? Last time when I sent I just sent the bank statment with balance.... now they r specificaly asking 12 month statement....!!!! ???? :) ....

Thanks.

Welcome back,

PPl from different country ar sharing a little bit diff info about pkt-3/pkt-3.5 to submit , few consulate ask to submit all together others ask to submit partial and bring rest of in intvw. anyway u should prepare all common docs.

The common forms are send are:

DS230 Part I and II
Form I-134 Affidavit
(To comply I-134 Affidavit , u must submit Employment Letter, Bank Certificate/Finaniancial statement. Tax return/1040, optional docs: W2+paystubs).
You can download forms from uscis.gov site and state.gov site Read I-134 form instructions to comply supporting docs.
(Go to your bank and ask them to issue 'bank Certificate as Immigration Sponsor' your bank do know, usually they put A/c Open date,current balance,total deposit last twelve month. etc)

The common docs asked.

Marriage certificate Local Language + English Translation
Spouse Bitrh Certificate Local Language + English Translation
Spouse Passport copies.

Spouse Police certificate
Spouse Medical
regular pp size photos.

Good Luck

FTJ help

Hi every one: I am kind of back with the same doubts for opinion and info from your past experiences

gcmera2 said:
Hi every one: I am kind of back with the same doubts for opinion and info from your past experiences

I think you missed my reply earlier. Here it is again!

I believe she just have to show proof that you are employed but not necessarily with the same job that got you the card! Proof of employment is needed to convince the consulate that you have enough income to support your wife!

I have another question for you! If your priority date is current, your prority date must be before 98 (if u r EB3). Since you are applying for FTJ benefits, you must have been married before your card was approved. I guess that must have happened around 2002. If my assumptions are correct, have you waited for 3 years to get your wife here? Thats too long of a wait is n't it? Did you do anything to be together during this wait time? I am just wondering. Pls no offense!

Ansi.

Ansi2004 - Thanks

Ansi2004:

Thanks and I have send you a private message also. Please check it. Let me know if you did not get it. I will wait for the reply.

Status
Not open for further replies.