Chennai Consulate Address

American Consulate General

Immigrant Visa Unit
220, Anna Salai
Chennai 600 006
India

rm101 said:
Rajinca,
Can u plz tell me to what address u have mailed doc's.If it is chennai.I am also planning to send...
Thanks,
RM101

Many many questions, I am confused.

My fiance's mother filed for her, but at the time she was PR. In the last year or so she became a citizen. The approval of the I-130 was in february 98 which was filed some time before that. I just saw that the priority dates are 4/08/01 for first prefence and 1/1/96 for category 2B. Does her mom need to send to USCIS to update her citizenship on file or should my fiance just file I-485 since she would now qualify as a first preference?
Whew! Now here is the thoughy, I am currently on F-1, going onto OPT and posibly onto H-1B. If what I say is true and she is eligible to adjust status based on 2B, should we get married before she sends in the adjustment and include me in there, or do we have to wait for her GC and then apply for my I-130?
I would appreciate any advice before going to a lawyer. I just want to have some background before investing a lot in legal fees. Thanks

Unfortuantely it is true... Immigrant visa numbers non-availability will affect FTJ!

I asked the same question to my lawyer - Will the non-availability of immigrant visa numbers affect FTJ cases?

He was confused too and so finally he ended up calling the State department personally... and found it to be true.

Bottom line - spouse will NOT get a visa even if filed through FTJ until the immigrant visa numbers become available!

It is very very disappointing... Lets pray for their availability before Oct 1, 2005!

Thanks,
Ansi.

ansi2004 said:
I asked the same question to my lawyer - Will the non-availability of immigrant visa numbers affect FTJ cases?

He was confused too and so finally he ended up calling the State department personally... and found it to be true.

Bottom line - spouse will NOT get a visa even if filed through FTJ until the immigrant visa numbers become available!

It is very very disappointing... Lets pray for their availability before Oct 1, 2005!

Thanks,
Ansi.
Still It is not as bad as it looks if your case number is not there.The normal FTJ case takes about 3 months and now it will take 1 month extra.
you can create the case number and get interview date in Oct. 2005.

ansi2004 said:

Thanks,
Ansi.
It is very disappointing news. I hope they will create a case number mean while and send us the packet 3 & 4 so that we can get the interview date some time in October.

Last edited by a moderator:
ansi2004 said:

Thanks,
Ansi.

Does it affect all FTJ cases irrespective of the EB categories ? mine is EB2. may be that was the reason they are not responding to my emails.

Thanks
cal

You're safe

calerius said:
Does it affect all FTJ cases irrespective of the EB categories ? mine is EB2. may be that was the reason they are not responding to my emails.

Thanks
cal

Only EB3 folks have to wait until October 1, 2006 to get a Visa Number.
You're safe
;)

Its Oct 1, 2005 but not 2006

Fiscal year starts from Oct 1, 2005 for those of us waiting ... NOT Oct 1, 2006. Please... we already are disappointed... dont give us a heart attack!

As a side note, I had my attorney here in US send all the documents yesterday to Chennai US consulate to initiate the process... hopefully they will recieve it before the end of june 05. Lets see what happens!

Thanks,
Ansi.

NJBLUE said:
It is very disappointing news. I hope they will create a case number mean while and send us the packet 3 & 4 so that we can get the interview date some time in October.
just for info.. you will receive packet 3 when you case is created and packet 4 when they schedule the interview (at least 15 days before interview to complete medical exams and have latest photographs).

ansi2004 said:
Fiscal year starts from Oct 1, 2005 for those of us waiting ... NOT Oct 1, 2006. Please... we already are disappointed... dont give us a heart attack!

As a side note, I had my attorney here in US send all the documents yesterday to Chennai US consulate to initiate the process... hopefully they will recieve it before the end of june 05. Lets see what happens!

Thanks,
Ansi.

Ansi,
I send the documents myself to the Chennai consulate. Can you PM me about the documents u r attorney sent and also let me know the attorney. May be I can use u r attorney to speed up things.

Thanks
Cal

Consulate will initiate the case only after visa numbers become available

ansi2004 said:
Does any body know an answer to this question? Will the Consulate initiate processing FTJ cases once it receives documents from us (and keep processing the case) even though EB3 visa numbers are not available?

Or will they just keep the documents on hold without initiating the case until the visa numbers become available?

The situation keeps changing against my favour and I am getting frustrated... started thinking of moving out for good seriously!!! I mean, how many times one person can give in to all these stupid nonsense!

It looks like the consulate will wait till Oct 1, 2005 even to initate the process.. No matter WHEN we send the docs... and then estimated time to completion is 3 months on an average.. that makes it to end of Dec 2005... So...

Bottom line, spouse will NOT be able to travel until the end of this year!

Here is the reply I got from US consulate:
You are welcome to send the documents so that we can have your wife's information in our system. Whenever the numbers are become available, we will process your wife's case.

Visa Information Unit
American Consulate General
Chennai 600006, India
Telephone: 91 44 2811 2000
Fax: 91 44 2811 2032

calerius said:
Ansi,
I send the documents myself to the Chennai consulate. Can you PM me about the documents u r attorney sent and also let me know the attorney. May be I can use u r attorney to speed up things.

Thanks
Cal
You don't need the attroney for FTJ. Most of the time they are not aware about FTJ process. It is consulate specific and this board is a great help.Send me PM if you have any questions. Maybe I can help you.

further step

mojavetoo said:
Only EB3 folks have to wait until October 1, 2006 to get a Visa Number.
You're safe
;)

Hi,mojavetoo,

How is going on? I had my I-824 form approved on June 22. I already sent email to ask embassy in Guangzhou. See what happens.

What EB category?

ASDFGHJKL123 said:
Hi,mojavetoo,

How is going on? I had my I-824 form approved on June 22. I already sent email to ask embassy in Guangzhou. See what happens.

What's your EB category? If you're EB2 or EB1, then they
should be getting interviewed in about 3 months.

Otherwise, EB3 means a lonnggg wait :(

Good luck

mojavetoo said:
What's your EB category? If you're EB2 or EB1, then they
should be getting interviewed in about 3 months.

Otherwise, EB3 means a lonnggg wait :(

Good luck

I got green card by EB2(national interest waiver). I donot know whether Guangzhou consulate got I-824 information from USCIS. How did they send information to your wife? by your wife's Chinese character address or pinyin address? Thanks.

I-824

ASDFGHJKL123 said:
I got green card by EB2(national interest waiver). I donot know whether Guangzhou consulate got I-824 information from USCIS. How did they send information to your wife? by your wife's Chinese character address or pinyin address? Thanks.

The USCIS does not contact Guangzhou.
When the I-824 is approved, the State Dept in
Washington DC gets a Consular Notification notice
with your details from Vermont USCIS.

Then then State Dept sends your information to Guangzhou.
I think it goes over as an encrypted telegram.

I got an RFE on the I-824 and just replied on Friday 6/24.
So I do know yet. When was your I-824 approved?

Just email the Guangzhou Consulate and request them
to notify you when they receive your information.

mojavetoo said:
The USCIS does not contact Guangzhou.
When the I-824 is approved, the State Dept in
Washington DC gets a Consular Notification notice
with your details from Vermont USCIS.

Then then State Dept sends your information to Guangzhou.
I think it goes over as an encrypted telegram.

I got an RFE on the I-824 and just replied on Friday 6/24.
So I do know yet. When was your I-824 approved?

Just email the Guangzhou Consulate and request them
to notify you when they receive your information.
I got I-824 approved on 6/22. I heard somebody said USCIS directly send copy approval of my I-485 to consulate. I did I-824 application in Texas USCIS.How do I know case goes to Vermont USCIS. I am confused. Can you explain in detail? I sent email to Guangzhou consulate,email said I already got I-824 approved, what document I need for follow to join case application? Do you think my question is ok? Thanks a lot.

Spouse I485 application

Hi Folks,

My I485(PD:Sept 2001) has been applied in Oct 2004 with TSC. I have my fingerprinting on June 28 2005. Once my finger printing is done, my I485 can get approved anytime.
My wife's I485 has not been filed yet. My lawyer is working on it. It may get filed after July 1.If this happens, will the USCIS accept my wife's I485 application inspite of non-availability of visa numbers or will the application sent back to my lawyer?

Also in case the application cannot be filed and I get my I485 approved before Oct 1, what is the process of filing my wife's application after my approval?

-Bhavesh

Status
Not open for further replies.