Follow To Join....

Status
Not open for further replies.
srini_pvr said:
Mike,

Looking at the case for Mereguru, I am a little concerned with the PCC. What do we need to do for obtaining PCC from passport office ? Do we need the appointment letter for it ? I think it is best idea to just apply for it as soon as the case is created... what do you suggest ?

Regards
Srini
I dont know what cities your Spouses are residing, I can speak for Bangalore. My wife went in the morning gave her passport waited there for couple of hours and got her PCC.

Follow to Join - Urgent reply Requested

Hello everyone,

I know this is wrong place to ask this question but I know I can expect some helpful tips from someone.

My Wife went for Follow to Join interview yesterday and the officer told her that everything is in order after that asked her to get fingerprinted which will be sent to FBI for clearance which may take upto 4 weeks.

Please answer anyone if you are familiar:

1. Is this Normal practice?

2. Is this time period of 1 month feasible or could take more time?

3. Will they take fees, interview again when she will go back after the clearance?

Thanks in advance.

forum123 said:
Hello everyone,

I know this is wrong place to ask this question but I know I can expect some helpful tips from someone.

My Wife went for Follow to Join interview yesterday and the officer told her that everything is in order after that asked her to get fingerprinted which will be sent to FBI for clearance which may take upto 4 weeks.

Please answer anyone if you are familiar:

1. Is this Normal practice?

2. Is this time period of 1 month feasible or could take more time?

3. Will they take fees, interview again when she will go back after the clearance?

Thanks in advance.

That is really strange. ...from all the experiences I have read on here and heard, they have approved the cases right away. They will take the fingerprint there and take your Passport for stamping which they send it back with the temporary visa stamp following day or two by courier.

So the answer is, its not a normal practice. If they have already collected the passport than they might send it stamped, else might wanna call the consulate and talk to them.

Hi:

When we contacted the Police Station they are saying that they don't issue police clearance ceritficates only passport office issues them. We got one from Passport office..The district police station can only give character certificate it seems. Any ideas? How did you guys manage?

Help Needed !!

Hello Everyone,

After approval of my Green Card under EB3 Category from Baltimore INS office, I filed an I-824 at the Baltimore INS Office. The I-824 was approved on 09-15-04. We were married before my approval.

My wife resides in Doha, State of Qatar. The Baltimore INS Office sent I-824 Approval stating that they have notified (sent the physical file for the follow to join immigrant visa processing) for my wife to US Embassy in Qatar. The US Embassy in Qatar keeps saying they have not received anything as yet.

We are going around in circles. I have all the documents ready. We have no idea how to handle this problem.

Can help or advise would be duly appreciated.
Thanks,
-Faisal

kasumbi said:
Hello Everyone,

After approval of my Green Card under EB3 Category from Baltimore INS office, I filed an I-824 at the Baltimore INS Office. The I-824 was approved on 09-15-04. We were married before my approval.

My wife resides in Doha, State of Qatar. The Baltimore INS Office sent I-824 Approval stating that they have notified (sent the physical file for the follow to join immigrant visa processing) for my wife to US Embassy in Qatar. The US Embassy in Qatar keeps saying they have not received anything as yet.

We are going around in circles. I have all the documents ready. We have no idea how to handle this problem.

Can help or advise would be duly appreciated.
Thanks,

Faisal,

Check the previous posting. They all suggest that you send all your documents, some of them notarized to the consulate with a copy of your I-824 approval and all other supporting documents including color copy of your GC if you have received it. Make sure you send it by courier, atleast that way you have proof and track easily.
For the list of documents, read earlier postings.

Please note almost all except for few relate to US Consulates in India. Not sure if this is same for Dohar as well. But I think there is no harm in sending documents to them, atleast that may get them started.

Good LuCK!

-Faisal

Sending documents to consulate for FTJ

Mike,

I have been following this forum for quite sometime now. Thanks for all the info you have provided. I really appreciate your effort in helping others.

I recently got my GC stamped in my passport and waiting for plastic card, which I may receive in couple of weeks. In the mean time, I have already applied for I-824 after my GC stamping. I received the receipt for the same. But the beneficiary name on the receipt is my name instead of my wife's name. Is that how it is supposed to appear? But I have mentioned my wife's name in my I-824 application properly.

I am trying to keep the following documents ready so that I can send these to the consulate (Chennai in my case) once I receive my plastic card.

- Original Approval Notice of I-824 (Can we send copy of this instead of original???)·
- Copy of green card (both sides. Waiting for plastic card now)
- Copy of approval Notice of Lawful Permanent Resident (I-797)
- Copy of I-551 (Green Card) Stamp from my Passport
- Copy of all pages of my Passport
- Copy of all pages of my wife's passport
- Copy of Marriage Certificate
- My original Birth Certificate (I have more than one original birth certificate)
- Copy of my wife's Birth Certificate

I am planning to send all the above notarized documents along with a covering letter as you mentioned.

Do we need to send DS-230 Part I & II along with these? At what point we can start getting the PCCs?

Your help is very much appreciated.

Thanks,
Live_Love_Laugh

Wife Visa Approved

From My Wife,
My interview was scheduled @ 8:00am.i arrived the consulate 6:30am itself ,before I came there were already 3 people ,standing for intevrview
About 7 there were many people ..i mean a big crowd ,and we were told to stand in big Q ….outside the consulate itself securities will separate the line for immigration and nonimmigration people.
And about 7:45am we were allowed to go inside,where securities will check everything we carry, bags or closed files r not allowed,they open everything and check .
In the immigration room there r about 10 counters,where both Indian and American can be seen,but mostly American were seen after 9 or 9:30 only .
Then indian person will call the names one by one ,according which we have to go and submit our documents.
My name was not called till 11:30am,then when I asked the security person there ,that my interview is 8:00 ,but still my name have not been called,then he sent to one Indian lady, she told me to give all the documents,which included DS230 I AND II ,Affidavit of support,birth certificate,appointment letter,employement letter,bank statement,W 2 Forms and Tax returns form 1040.
She asked me few questions like
When and where my husband got his GC from
That’s all she told me to go back to my place and told that my name will called for the actual interview ( with American)
After few minutes ,my name was called by an American
And when stood near that counter he told me to give my finger expression on box with red light.
Then Questions were
How long u r husband is in US?,Where he is in US?,Have u visited him before?
How did u meet him?,When did he last talk to u?,How do u talk to him?,Show me u r marriage pics?,Looking into the pics,which pic do u like most?,Where was u r marriage?,How many people attended the marriage ?

Then he told me go and wait for 5 mins and said my name will be again called,then after 5 mins he called me again and said…Ok u r visa is approved and u will get u r passport with visa in 2 days. Take a jacket before u leave and have a nice and happy journey.

Live_Love_Laugh said:
Mike,

I have been following this forum for quite sometime now. Thanks for all the info you have provided. I really appreciate your effort in helping others.

I recently got my GC stamped in my passport and waiting for plastic card, which I may receive in couple of weeks. In the mean time, I have already applied for I-824 after my GC stamping. I received the receipt for the same. But the beneficiary name on the receipt is my name instead of my wife's name. Is that how it is supposed to appear? But I have mentioned my wife's name in my I-824 application properly.

I am trying to keep the following documents ready so that I can send these to the consulate (Chennai in my case) once I receive my plastic card.

- Original Approval Notice of I-824 (Can we send copy of this instead of original???)·
- Copy of green card (both sides. Waiting for plastic card now)
- Copy of approval Notice of Lawful Permanent Resident (I-797)
- Copy of I-551 (Green Card) Stamp from my Passport
- Copy of all pages of my Passport
- Copy of all pages of my wife's passport
- Copy of Marriage Certificate
- My original Birth Certificate (I have more than one original birth certificate)
- Copy of my wife's Birth Certificate

I am planning to send all the above notarized documents along with a covering letter as you mentioned.

Do we need to send DS-230 Part I & II along with these? At what point we can start getting the PCCs?

Your help is very much appreciated.

Thanks,
Live_Love_Laugh

No problem guy, just paying back my part for the help I got here.

Yes, the benefeciary is you because they are notifying the consulate that your PR is approved.
Meanwhile instead of waiting for the I-824 approval, send them all your documents with receipt notice of I-824 and most important Passport copy with I-551 stamp. If you get your GC than scan the card and than print in Color back and front.
I did send DS 230 I & II and I-134 all at once in the begining. However, its not required to create a case #. They will send you packet 3 which has all the those documents. PCC and Medical information will be in Packet 4 along with the interview letter.
YOU dont have to send your Birth Cetificate, only her BC.

Tip: While notarizing my passport copy, I just had a cover letter saying the attached Passport copies with # XXXXXXXXXX is mine..blahblah......and got the Notarary stamp on it. That way I did not have to do for each page. Similiary for Tax return and Pay slip adn W2 copies( I had one cover sheet for all the three, W2, Payslip copies & 1040s). My wifes was notarized in India, so it was okay.

Document notarization...

Thanks Mike. Do you have the template for the cover letter you attached for the passport copy notarization? Whom should that be addressed to?

Thanks,
Live_Love_Laugh

Sample Cover letter!!!!!!!!

Live_Love_Laugh said:
Thanks Mike. Do you have the template for the cover letter you attached for the passport copy notarization? Whom should that be addressed to?

Thanks,
Live_Love_Laugh

Date:06/09/2004

U.S. Consulate General, IV Unit
220 Anna Salai
Chennai, India 600 006

SUB: Immigrant visa Petition for my wife.

Dear Sir/Madam,

Pursuant to my Green Card approval dated April xxxxxx, I hereby submitting an immigrant visa petition for my wife living in India. She is eligible to receive “following-to-join” benefits since we were married before my residency was approved on Dec xxxxxxx.

I have already submitted I-824 application to California Service Center and have attached the receipt notice.
I am attaching the following documents on behalf of my wife and me.

1) DS 230 Part 1 & II
2) I-134 with supporting documents
3) Bank Statements
4) Marriage certificate
5) Spouse birth certificate
6) Petitioners Passport copies with I-551 stamp
7) Spouse Passport copies
8) I-824 receipt notice.
9) Green Card copy, back and front
10) Passport Copy with I-551 stamp
11) Employment Letter
12) Tax Return 2003, W2 forms
13) Last 3 pay stubs

I hope we have provided you with sufficient supporting documents to process this case. Please don’t hesitate to contact my wife or me if you have any questions or need any other information.
I can be reached through my email at xxxxxxxx, Cell: xxxxxx and my wife at xxxxxxxx or email: xxxxxxxxxxxxx.

Yours Truly,

XXXXXXXXXXX
XXXXXXXXXXXX
XXXXXXXXX, XXXXX,USA.

PS: Sorry after posting I realized that you were looking for template for the notarizing passport.

Well address it to whoemsover Concered and than say that hereby I certify that the attached copies of PASSport is the true copies of the Orginal Passport # XXXXXX and I am the rightful owner of the passport etc.....

Last edited by a moderator:
Spouse Name Change

Mike, Wdcpost,Srini
Before sending Packet 3 or interview, does my wife need to change her name on the passport.
3 options
1- Dont do anything at all
2- Endorse husband's name on passport
3 - Change the name on the passport. For this they issue a new passport and staple the old one to it.

What did u guys do..

Congrats Wdcpost !!!!
* Which Pic did u like the most * :)

Ganesh

son24 said:
Mike, Wdcpost,Srini
Before sending Packet 3 or interview, does my wife need to change her name on the passport.
3 options
3 - Change the name on the passport. For this they issue a new passport and staple the old one to it.

What did u guys do..

Congrats Wdcpost !!!!

Ganesh

2)ENdorse husband's name on the passport. They will do it the same day. Just need a copy of husbands Passport.

son24 said:
Mike, Wdcpost,Srini
3 options

What did u guys do..

Congrats Wdcpost !!!!

Ganesh

I did 2 & 3 kind of together we got a new PP

Thx Mike and Wdcpost
Mike in your case what is the name on your wife's GC.. Her name as in Passport(maiden) or her name and your last name..

Wdcpost .. your wife's GC must be her first name and your last name, i guess..

Ganesh

Status
Not open for further replies.