Follow To Join....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Guys,

I hope I am not asking a question thats already been answered in this thread. Me and my spouse came here on F1 and F2 visa's respectively. Then I changed to H1 and hers changed to H4. from there she went on to J1 for here residency and I applied for GC. In the GC I mentioned that we were married but since she was on J1 I didn't apply for her 485. Now she is on H1 visa working in an under served area fulfilling the waiver requirement. Please advise what is the best route to apply for her GC. Apply for GC based on my GC or is it better to apply for her GC through her employer? Thanks

Folks - I got my Green Card an year ago and was waiting for my wife's follow-to-join to be approved. But its more than an year and still no hope of getting done. Now, what are the implications if i leave my job and go back to stay with my wife ? Any inputs ?

Originally posted by aug3102
Folks - I got my Green Card an year ago and was waiting for my wife's follow-to-join to be approved. But its more than an year and still no hope of getting done. Now, what are the implications if i leave my job and go back to stay with my wife ? Any inputs ?

My 2Cents, If you do that without applying for a Temp permit and if you stay exceeds 6 months out of this country you might loose your Green Card.

Sorry I didnt come to this forum for a long time, Which consulate are you trying from? Did you apply for I-824 any idea what is going on with your I-824?

Re: Badger process - Please help

Originally posted by avisn
Hi GCFEELING,
i have applied I-824 for my wife ND April 6th 2003 thru a laywer with Vermont Service Center(VSC) and waiting for the approval.

After seen your posting and also others I realized that I could directly contact Chennai consulate before I-824 approval.

could you please let us know how did you contact( by phone or email or postal) the chennai consulate?

what information have you sent/requested to chennai consulate?. If you contacted thru eMail, if possible, can you please share the format of your mail that you initially sent to chennai consulate for badger process?.

should I need to include the scanned copy of my I-824 receipt notice as a proof?.

my email id nsivaa@yahoo.com
Thank you in advance for your information

Please refer to the earlier posts in this thread, I have mentioned the list of documents that you need to send to chennai. Also, yes you dont have to wait for I-824 approval to start the FTJ process in Chennai.

Re: Re: Follow to join

Originally posted by kishuibm
HI i am also in the same situvation ..Could you pls provide me ur Email id for further more discussion
Thanks
MY email id is babukishore@hotmail.com

As far as I understood, it depends on the consulate. I did my FTJ from chennai. I had to send a list of documents (refer to some of my earlier posts) to chennai and then (after a few months) they will send Packet 3 to your spouse along with an interview date. I didnt know anything about I-134 (I guess its a financial support statement and for employment based I-134 is not required, if I remember correctly its I-824 ) Please excuse me if the form numbers are not correct, its quite sometimes since I did it and too lazy to search those forms.

its Chennai consulate, i sent them the papers at end of March and also my I-824 is approved two months ago. Still no progress!!!

Originally posted by tooOldtoWait
My 2Cents, If you do that without applying for a Temp permit and if you stay exceeds 6 months out of this country you might loose your Green Card.

Sorry I didnt come to this forum for a long time, Which consulate are you trying from? Did you apply for I-824 any idea what is going on with your I-824?

Originally posted by aug3102
its Chennai consulate, i sent them the papers at end of March and also my I-824 is approved two months ago. Still no progress!!!

I am guessing you need to follow up with the center from where you applied (NSC/TSC/CSC or VSC). Usually when the I-824 is approved, the consulate received the info within a few days. If I can remember correctly there was a lady who used to come here (cant remember her handle) who had the same problem, somehow she convinced the center to send the info again to the consulate.

Also e-mail chennai and find out if they have received the I-824 approval notice or not.

Try to contact a senator and that helps a lot sometimes.

Good Luck.

I 824

Hello guys. I got married before my I 485 got approved. So, I am elligible for the following to join process. I need help on how to file I 824? What goes to the part 1, part 2 and part 3 of the application. What they mean by the original applicant in part 1. Wha about part 3; espicially about which peition we need to mention here I 140 or I 485. Please help me. Thanks!!!!

I 824

Hi guys, I am trying to fill out I 824. What it meant by original petition? Is it I 140(folks who got gc through employer), I 130(folks who got gc through US citizen parents) or I 485??? If it means 140/130 then is it our employer/parents fills the part one of the I824 as they are the one who filled this for us. I know a lots of guys here probably got your I 824 approval. Please reply in detail instruction on how to fill out the form I 824. Finally where to file I 824? is it with the office where your I 485 is pending or approved? Please help me out. Many thanks guys!!!!

tooOldtoWait - Really appreciate you taking time to answer to these questions. Nothing valuable than hearing from experienced folks. Now a days one cannot contact the service center, have to call NSC and they just repeat that the consulate has been notified. It has been two months since my I-824 approval , still no news. No idea how to proceed now. How to make the service center re-send the approval to the cosulate ?

Originally posted by tooOldtoWait
I am guessing you need to follow up with the center from where you applied (NSC/TSC/CSC or VSC). Usually when the I-824 is approved, the consulate received the info within a few days. If I can remember correctly there was a lady who used to come here (cant remember her handle) who had the same problem, somehow she convinced the center to send the info again to the consulate.

Also e-mail chennai and find out if they have received the I-824 approval notice or not.

Try to contact a senator and that helps a lot sometimes.

Good Luck.

finally

Finally i heard back from the consulate. They received information from uscis and going to send packet3 to my wife. Anybody knows how to get the police ceritificate if one has lived in different palces in India.

I-864 r I-134

Also mine was an employment based gc and now doing ftj for my wife. Should i be filing I-864 or I-134 ?

Thanks for your help...

Hi aug3102

I-134/I-864:
I went through this entire thread and other couple of threads couple of times. I found that employment based applicants have to submit I-134 rather than I-864. But I advise prepare both documents for interview. You will never know what they ask at Chennai Consulate. I am gathering information to prepare both documents. Once I got enough information, I will send these two documents to my family members in India.
PCC:
If you lived at a place more than six months, then you need to get PCC from local police station. For example if you lived in Chennai for two years and two years in Mumbai, then you need to get PCC from each city police station. By the way this information also gained through postings from friends like you.

As some of you knew that I applied I-824 on my own (with help friends like you) and contacted American Consulate general and sent proper documents to them. I heard good news from them today; they created a case number for my family. This information came through an email from Chennai Consulate. I hope this news gives some encouragement to fellow applicants. I advise my friends to read entire thread and post your questions since friendly people like you in this thread answered most of the questions.

I wish you all good luck.
:) :D :) :D :) :D
GCFEELING

to gcfeeling

Nice to hear that you got your case#. I also got it last week.Trying to collect all documents before sending OF169. Eventhough those documents are required only at the time of interview, need to sign saying that you have those in your hand.
You are right, it is I-134 and not I-864. Any idea how long it takes for Chennai consulate to schedule interview after they receive packet3 ?

me too 824

hi aug3012

me too in the same boat.

last week, i also got 824 approved and i got reply from chennai consulate that the case has been created.

now i am waiting for them to send the papers/forms to my wife's place.
meantime, i am thinking of gettting 1 134 filled out and sent to her.

I dont have much of savings here because of economy and what not... Do i have to put some mandatory minimum amount in the question ? They ask for "Savings account balance" .
But i work now, so i could fill out the column "Annual Income" though.

let me know.

also, please let us know if any of ur wife's got the papers. let us see who gets first.
by the way, i am from Madurai area, tamilnadu. how about u guys ??
i wish you guys all the best...and wish me good luck

bye

-ananth

question on I824 approval notice

aug3102 or other experienced people:

Last night I found my I824 got approved trhough BSIC webpage:

This case has been approved. On December 3, 2003, an approval notice was mailed.

Now I am wondering instead of sending the approval notice to the appropriate American Consulate, why BSIC is going to send the approval notice to me. How to ensure VSC to cable the approval notice to Consulate?

Re: me too 824

asrini - Good news!!! I guess they approved in batch. You dont have to wait for them to send you the papers. You can download and send it to the consulate. They send me the case# by mail. And in the process of collecting PCC. When i talked to my alwyer who filed I-824, she told me that job is most important and need to make min. 15000 (for one dependant, in my case). They just dont look at the balance, but also will look at how much money was deposited and all.

Wish
Originally posted by asrini
hi aug3012

me too in the same boat.

last week, i also got 824 approved and i got reply from chennai consulate that the case has been created.

now i am waiting for them to send the papers/forms to my wife's place.
meantime, i am thinking of gettting 1 134 filled out and sent to her.

I dont have much of savings here because of economy and what not... Do i have to put some mandatory minimum amount in the question ? They ask for "Savings account balance" .
But i work now, so i could fill out the column "Annual Income" though.

let me know.

also, please let us know if any of ur wife's got the papers. let us see who gets first.
by the way, i am from Madurai area, tamilnadu. how about u guys ??
i wish you guys all the best...and wish me good luck

bye

-ananth

Re: question on I824 approval notice

It took for me almost two months after I-824 approval. But in my case i also had sent documents directly to the consulate (9 months ago). Dont know what triggerd first for creating the case#. BCIS will send approval letter to you and they will also send a cable to the consulate.

Originally posted by mar_case
aug3102 or other experienced people:

Last night I found my I824 got approved trhough BSIC webpage:

This case has been approved. On December 3, 2003, an approval notice was mailed.

Now I am wondering instead of sending the approval notice to the appropriate American Consulate, why BSIC is going to send the approval notice to me. How to ensure VSC to cable the approval notice to Consulate?

Status
Not open for further replies.