Follow To Join....

Status
Not open for further replies.
VSC news item

found this news item long time back:
hope it helps.

----------
NEWS from the Vermont Service Center

The Vermont Service Center has requested we notify members of the following information concerning I-824s:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Recently we have encountered several issues with the Form I-824\'s being filed at VSC. It appears that communicating these issues to the individuals filing I-824\'s may help to facilitate the processing of the Form I-824\'s filed at VSC. One of the issues that has come up is when option C (notification of an AMCON [consulate] that beneficiary has adjusted status) on the I-824 is being requested. In this scenario, the I-824 is being used to notify the AMCON that an applicant of an I-485 has adjusted status so that their overseas following-to-join family members or derivatives can receive their visas.

One of the problems that we have encountered is that people filing the I-824\'s are not indicating the names and DOB of their derivative beneficiaries on the I-824 or on the accompanying evidence, and we are having to do a lot of time-consuming RFE\'s for this information . INS and the DOS need this information to process the notification to the AMCON. If this information was initially submitted, it would potentially speed up the adjudicative process.

With respect to the above scenario (option C on the I-824), the format for cable notification to the AMCON requires that the priority date of the approved I-485 applicant be entered on the cable format so that the DOS can process the derivatives/following-to-join family members based on the priority date. Although the Form I-824 does not specifically request this information, it would be extremely helpful to the adjudicator to have this information included with the evidence filed with the I-824. Ideally, the information concerning would be in the form of an I-797 approval notice for the underlying IV petition. We can usually get the priority date from the electronic systems, but if the priority date has not been entered into the electronic system, or if the file is at the district, we may end up having to order the file, which slows down the processing of the I-824 and the processing of the visas for the derivatives. "

OF 169 & DS 230 part I

No need to waste time in mail back and forth.
These forms are simple and can be filled without
a lawyer.

In fact you can fill the online version,
take a print out. Alternatly if you have PDF writer
you can save the forms and send in an email to your
spouse. Hope this helps.

Cool-guy

VISA BADDGER

This is a process that is documented in the foreign affair manaual. When you submit the supporting documents with the consulate the AMCON request INS to verify the documents submitted. Then when the INs replies to the AMCON request, the consulate will create the case number for your spouse. The chennai consulate tells that it take atleast 10 weeks for this to take place. I did try the other option by asking my spouse to physically visit the consulate with 824 approval. But the consulate service window is open only for US citizens only. Unless you have a written appointment its hard to get into the consulate. Talk to chennai consulate or send mail to them they will get back to you within a weeks time frame. Hope this helps.

Cool-guy

To cool-guy

Hi

Can I ask you one more question? sorry for asking you so many questions.

You mentioned in yur earlier posting, you got Packet 3 after INS resend cable(since first cable never reached). Did you call INS and request to resend cable? How long it took them to resend cable?

I talked to INS today, they said they have to get file from their storage facility(which is not in vermont). it take 4 weeks to get file and then they are going to resend cable. They asked me to call back after 6 weeks.

Did this happens to you too?

Thanks for all your help.

to Raju Prabu

That was the time frame that was mentioned to me. Usually at INS when a petition is approved, they move the files to an off site storage location. If you need to take the file from storage the adjucator has to send a notice to the facility. Then the off site storage will deliver the file to the adjucator, this takes atleast 2-4 weeks. Once the file reaches the adjucator its a matter of days to send the cable. So call the INS answering system and check the voice message regularly. The message changed for me once the second cable has been sent. Hope this answers your questions.

What if spouse is in the US on H-1?

What if the spouse is in the US on an H-1B? My wife has applied for her I-485 and has her receipt and it is pending approval. Can I apply for adjustment of status? Is there any way I can work through some kind of temporary work authorization or something?

hswami

Dude, you are in good position now. Start you can file for you 485 right now based on her 485 receipt. Once you get your 485 receipt you can apply for EAD. You can even start your company or do free lancing.

Cool-guy

to cool-guy

Hi cool-guy,

can you please tell the exact dates for:

1. the day you requested INS to send 2nd cable in Dec 2001 ?
2. the day, the AVM message changed
3. The day consulate created pack 3 ?

thanks

Help Please..

My I485 is approved today.
I am going fo r stamping tomorrow.
I applied for I824 as well with I485 filing in CSC.
Now my husband is in India.How to proceed wih I824 process...
Please advice..
I posted this earlier

affidavits for parents

I am a US citizen and I wish to bring my parents to US on immigrant visa. They are both over 70 years old and they do not have a marriage certificate and my birth certificate only lists my father. I understand that I have to get two family members or family friends to certify that indeed my parents are married to each other and that I am their son.
Can you please send me a rough text of what should be the content of that affidavit? Also does it matter if the family friend was not present at the wedding? It will be impossible to find anyone that old who was present at the wedding.

No Title

The I-824 application that was approved by the INS was a request by you(i.e. the Principal Applicant) to have the Consulate in your home country notified of your I-485 approval so that your wife can schedule an appointment at the consulate to have an immigrant
interview as the \'following-to-join\' spouse of you (i.e. the Principal Applicant). The I-824 approval notice does NOT have your wife\'s name on the approval because it is just notification to the consulate that the Principal Applicant’s adjustment was approved,
so that your wife can now be scheduled for an immigrant interview. Under INS regulations, so long as the spouse has proof of the marriage and proof of the approval of your permanent resident status, she is eligible to have an immigrant interview as the following-to-join spouse of you. As per INS regulation, upon approval of I-824 Consular Notification, your wife need to contact the Consulate with her credentials including the marriage certificate. Remember, she will be eligible for an immigrant visa only if you got married BEFORE your I-485 was approved and your PR status is based on an employment based petition.

Good luck!

I got the packet3 for my young daughter, question?

My daughter is still in my home county, 3 years old.

I got the packet 3 sent to her.
Seems that the forms like DS230I needs to be filled by my daughter,
Do I need to submit any extra form if I take care of her forms?

Another question, since she is so young, does she really need the medical exam and go to the interview?

Thank you for any suggestions.
-mike

to coolftj

There has not been any significant progress in my case yet. I have submitted packet 3 in last week of jaunary. The consulate at chennai confirmed that they received the packet 3. Also I requested for a march interview date which they declined. I have been suggested to expect interview date in April. I will let you guys know of the progress.

cool-guy

cool-guy and others Please Help

My wife received packet 3 today.

They sent OF 230Part I. I thought we are going to get DS-230.

Do I have to send any other documents with packet 3? like i824 original approval notice.

we also received I134(affidavit of support). Do I have to send it now.

Do I have to send cover letter. I really appreciate if you can send me draft.
you can write to me at york90@aol.com

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Do I need lawyer to start FTJ process?

Hi All: I recently got my GC approved, and need to file follow-to-join for the spouse in India. One of my friends referred me this amazing forum. I appreciate your answers for the following questions:

1) Do I need lawyer to start FTJ process?
2) Can you give me the steps involved sequentially?
3) I have been informed that I need to start the process with I-824. I downloaded the form from INS web site. I did not see spouse specific questionnaire anywhere. I am not sure how are they going to create the case?

Thank you.

FTJ case

cool-guy, coolftj, hxs_bd and other regular viewers:
Thank you in advance for all the fantastic messages you guys posted here for FTJ. I hate immigration law here in US but have to go through it. Your guys\' messages alleviate much of the pain and anxiety of mine. Thank you, guys.

I have a question about my wife\'s FTJ case. She is going to study in Canada in summer. If she stays in Canada, can she does her FTJ case there? Does she has to go back to her homecountry to complete FTJ e.g. interview, stamp etc.?

Any input will be highly appreciated.

New K-3 visa (I-129F)

I am a U.S. citizen and I applied for the new K-3 visa to bring my husband here from Jamaica, does anyone know if these new visas actually bring your husband/wife here sooner than the I-130 alien relative visa? Also at the port of entry will they give my husband a hard time entering the U.S. and if so, why?

Marriage with a green card holder

Hi all,

My cousin won the green card lottery last year and she got her greencard recently. She still lives in out of States and want to move here in 6 months with her fiance. Actually, they want to get married and move here. I know that she can sponsor her husband to get a residency . The questons are

1-Approxiametly how long does it take for him to get a residency or working authorization after she applied for the petition?
2- During that waiting proscess, what will his visa status be? Is he gonna be able to stay in the U.S.? or does he have to go back to his country during that time?

Thanks for all your help in advanced.

Pinar

Status
Not open for further replies.