Follow To Join....

Status
Not open for further replies.
GcWaiter

Yes you are right, you dont need to file I-824. File I-485 for her as a FTJ thats is it you are set. Then you have to do the wait and watch game till it gets approved.

GcWaiter

- There is no question of PD anymore, since your application is already approved. If even PD retrogress earlier to your PD she will still have her application approved.

- Yes is she very much benifeciary of your aprroved petition, its just that you have not applied for her AOS at the time of your approval.

- INA say that all the benefits of the immigration is applicable to the immediate family as long as the applicant can prove that such relationship existed before apporval. Check the INS website on INA I am not sure what section it is in.

CoolGuy

CoolGuy,

UR really Cool......

Are you a Lawyer ????

What\'s the deal with you??? Have your application been approved or ur in the same boat as mine???

Chennai sent PKT 3 Forms

My wife received PKT 3 forms from Chennai consulate couple of days ago. I sent the initial docs on Aug 19. This was pretty fast from them.
Cool.

Contacting Chennai Consulate

Can anyone please tell me which is best way to contact chennai consulate?
Need Tel No and Email add of Channai consulate.

Highly appreciated

Thanks

luckme9

Hi,

Thats is great news. What forms did they send to your wife. Also did you get your I824 apporved before sending those intial documents.

Cool-Guy

marriage to person with an expired B2

Hi all,

Is is legal for a US citizen to marry a person whose B2 expired and who is currently out of status?

How do we marry and get the process started for the EAD?

Thanks

Luckyme9

Hi Luckyme9

Can you help me answering some questions.

Your case was send to chennai directly, without sending to NVC right?

When did the INS send your case to chennai?

What documents did you send on Aug

Please let me know.

Thank you

reddy5511 & cool-guy.

reddy5511:
 Yes the case sent directly to Chennai, without NVC.
 Sep 17th INS sent my case to Chennai
 Yes the case # starts with MDR...

cool-guy:
 Original approval of I-824, copy of I551 stamp, marriage certificates, copy of my entire passport pages, my employment letter, birth certificates for wife and child and covering letter. All were endorsed.

Here is the sample letter I sent to Chennai Consulate.

Name: Sep 18’ 01.

Immigrant Visa Section
American Consulate General
220 Anna Salai, Gemini Circle,
Chennai 600 006.

Re: Following to Join Visa for my Wife and Baby Girl

Dear Immigration Officer:

I, became a Lawful Permanent Resident to USA on Aug ... I’d like to file Following to Join Visa benefits for … (wife) and ….(baby girl) so that they can join me here in USA at the earliest. Since I don’t physically have the Green Card yet (which could take 3-6 months from Aug 2, 01 as per INS), so I’m also attaching a copy of I-551 stamp from my passport for the proof of Green Card.

Enclosed herewith please find enclosed following documents:
o Original Approval Notice of I-824 (Application for action on an approved application). ie. INS Vermont notified Chennai consulate stating my status is adjusted to Permanent Resident.
o Copy of approval Notice of Lawful Permanent Resident,
o Copy of I-551 (Green Card) Stamp from my Passport
o Copy of my entire Passport pages,
o Copy of Marriage Certificate,
o Copy of Applicant’s Birth Certificates.
o My Employment Letter.

Applicant’s address in India:

We’re eagerly waiting to receive Packet 3 forms from you so that my wife and baby can join me here in USA at the earliest.

Thank you very much for your responsiveness.
                                                        Notarized by:
Yours truly,

….

luckyme did you send it in september or august

Looking at you previuous post I am confused can you throw us some light. I would really appreciate if you can respond to some the questions below

- When was ur 824 approved
- When did you send in ur additional documents
- Did consulate at any point of time acknowledge the cable message sent from INS
- After you send the intial documents is there anyway to know that they have started processing the application

Cool-Guy

luckyme9, could you shed some light on Packet 3

luckyme9,

You mentioned your wife received Packet 3. Can you please list all the forms it contained. Regarding affidavit of support form, did the Packet 3 contain I-134 or I-864?

Thanks and good luck!

Marrying a Green Card Holder

If a person on a visitors (B1) visa gets married to a Green Card Holder. What option does he/she have to stay in the US. Can the Green Card Holder sponsor her for a Green Card and during the time it takes for him/her to get the Green Card, can he/she stay in the US and get a work permit. How long does it take for the Green Card to go through. Is the priority bumped up or changed if the Green Card Holder becomes a citizen during this waiting period.
Thanks

cool-guy

824 approved on Sep 17. I sent docs on Sep 19. No consulate did\'nt ack. The only way I know after my wife got the pkt 3 forms.

No Title

If it\'s empl. based immg. for you, then ur family should submit I-134 NOT I864 as per Chennai embassy. Yes the pkt 3 forms had I864. But an email confirmation with chennai mentioned I should file I134.
Also it must be taken to the interview.

Hi Luckyme9

Thank you for the information so far.
Can you answer few more questions.
You said that you send some initial docs on Aug 19th.
What docs did you send on Aug 19th.
Your 824 was not approved by then. Did you send the 824 receipt?

Please let me know
Thank you

reddy5511

Let me clarify certain things.
1. I got my 485 approved on Aug 9th.
2. I sent FTJ docs to INS on Aug 19th.
3. I-824 was approved on Sep 17.
4. I sent initial docs to Chennai consulate on Sep 19th.

Hope it clears everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.