Follow To Join....

Status
Not open for further replies.
she will be in your arms soon...

Kabayang Judex! Musta? :)

Coincidentally, just a day after posting my previous reply, when I checked last night, I was so surprised to see that she now has an interview schedule! :eek: :D I immediately recalled your experience when you were surprised to see your wife's schedule too when you were doing a demo for her :)

Her interview schedule is on March 10, and her medical exam is a week before that :)

So I guess all we have to do now is wait for Packet 4 and the interview day itself. I hope everything will go smoothly. :)

Thank you once again Judex, and to all those who have been patiently helping me out. Your experiences have really helped us a lot in making our FTJ journey easier. I really do hope my wife's interview will be smooth and quick. Wish us luck and please pray for us.

i can't imagine how happy you are right now :) as long as all the papers are good, she will have a smooth interview...

pointers:
1.) just compile around 30-40 pictures, just the wedding, funny moments, etc... (i brought around 150-200, a big mistake :( hehehe )
2.) arrange the docs, label it if she can, for easy access...
3.) she can come earlier than the medical scheduled date, at least 1-2 weeks before the medical sched, for medical reasons... it will take 2 days of her time...
4.) check some of the possible questions in the thread. don't worry its an easy one...
5.) add another bedroom, for the new baby :) hehehe... joke!

i'm happy for you kababayan... god bless... thanks for reading my previous post :)

if you have questions, don't hesitate to PM me, give me your no. and i'll call...

UdeX

i can't imagine how happy you are right now :) as long as all the papers are good, she will have a smooth interview...

pointers:
1.) just compile around 30-40 pictures, just the wedding, funny moments, etc... (i brought around 150-200, a big mistake :( hehehe )
2.) arrange the docs, label it if she can, for easy access...
3.) she can come earlier than the medical scheduled date, at least 1-2 weeks before the medical sched, for medical reasons... it will take 2 days of her time...
4.) check some of the possible questions in the thread. don't worry its an easy one...
5.) add another bedroom, for the new baby :) hehehe... joke!

i'm happy for you kababayan... god bless... thanks for reading my previous post :)

if you have questions, don't hesitate to PM me, give me your no. and i'll call...

UdeX

Thanks for the pointers! :) Hmmm, why, what happened when you brought tons of pictures? Did the consul go through each of them? hehe :D Hmmm, I think it would be more convenient though if my wife would just bring our wedding album, and just add some of our casual pics together.

Just a clarification on #3 though, you mean she can opt to have the medical a week or two earlier as long as she has a medical reason that it would take two days for her to do it? Sorry, I didn't quite get that hehe :confused:

I think I already have your no. It's ending in 990 right? :) I'll give you a call soon bro. :)

Hi,

There is no way we can predict the movement of dates.It can move next month it self or may take few months.What we thought it would take few months for us it took almost 2 years.All we can do is complete all the required paper work and wait for the numbers to move.

Mean while make sure your spouse is busy doing job or taking any training so that they are engaged and busy.It is very important that you are your spouse understand this situation and should not loose the hope.

We all went thru this and we can practically understand the pressure from home and here.

Be cool and confident and good days are not too far ....

Good Luck

Thanks,
RM

Thank you so much for your support and help... really appreciate. You guys gave me a hope and are very helpful, I am very impressed... Thanks again for your time. I asked my spouse to get ready the police certificates(clearance) both local and hyd. Can she get those now or need to wait until we get the interview date. I don't know if there is a expiration dates, beacause what if she get now and will get the interview date after 6 months or more?? I don't know if that will be valid after that long period, please let me know... Thanks again for all your time..

like what RM said, no one can predict it, what u do now is wait, you're not that far from the finish line...

let your spouse get certifications that is recognized here in the US, he/she will need it here, IT or health care is a good field...

God Bless,

UdeX

UdeX, Thank you for your valuable time and support. You guys are like the family members who soothes me. I really can't hold back with out expressing my gratitude to you guys... I know it is very hard, but we will wait with patience and hope to get the interview date as early as possible...Thanks again..

Thank you so much for your support and help... really appreciate. You guys gave me a hope and are very helpful, I am very impressed... Thanks again for your time. I asked my spouse to get ready the police certificates(clearance) both local and hyd. Can she get those now or need to wait until we get the interview date. I don't know if there is a expiration dates, beacause what if she get now and will get the interview date after 6 months or more?? I don't know if that will be valid after that long period, please let me know... Thanks again for all your time..

Hi,

Police clearence certificates are valid for one year.But in the Commisionar office they will ask you for the interview letter.(You will have one month of time after getting the interview .No rush for this now)

What your wife can do is she can take the police clearence certificate from passport office now and once she gets the interview she can get the commsionar office letter
If your wife is resident of hyderbad she should apply for PCC in commsionar office.If she is resident of any district she should apply at local SP's office

Passport clearence she should apply at hyderabad passport office.

Note:Make sure that you are all set with packet 3 forms ( Please call chennai and confirm that they have all ur docs required for sceduling the interview)

so that they can secedule the interview soon after the dates are current.

Thanks,
RM

kidd

they don't need lots of pics, the 1st screener(pinoy) will choose the pics to be presented to the consul. don't bring the wedding album coz it will not fit on the small window where she will give to the 1st screener. bring a 4x6 with 30-50 pages album, label(what,where,when) the pictures so that the consul will not ask about it. include pictures with the family. the consul will just scan and will focus on 3-5 pictures...

if there is a problem with the medical results, 2-3 weeks before the interview can make miracles, that is why its good to go for the medical a week before the scheduled date, just bring the appointment letter, and a photocopy of it. this is based on one of our co-threader here... it will take 2 days for the medical process to finish.

remember that if your docs are organized or well prepared, there is big possibility that she will get less questions, and less hassle to the consul... i got 2-3 questions during my interview...

yah, you got my no.... call me :)

UdeX

Thanks for the pointers! :) Hmmm, why, what happened when you brought tons of pictures? Did the consul go through each of them? hehe :D Hmmm, I think it would be more convenient though if my wife would just bring our wedding album, and just add some of our casual pics together.

Just a clarification on #3 though, you mean she can opt to have the medical a week or two earlier as long as she has a medical reason that it would take two days for her to do it? Sorry, I didn't quite get that hehe :confused:

I think I already have your no. It's ending in 990 right? :) I'll give you a call soon bro. :)

Thanks again bro. I'll relay these to my wife (although she is also quietly lurking in this thread too hehe).

Btw, how much focus did the consul give to the I-134 (affidavit of support) letter? What questions did he ask you about it? :)

Have a great weekend Judex! It will be brutally cold here in Chicago this weekend. It'll make me miss my wife even more :(

they don't need lots of pics, the 1st screener(pinoy) will choose the pics to be presented to the consul. don't bring the wedding album coz it will not fit on the small window where she will give to the 1st screener. bring a 4x6 with 30-50 pages album, label(what,where,when) the pictures so that the consul will not ask about it. include pictures with the family. the consul will just scan and will focus on 3-5 pictures...

if there is a problem with the medical results, 2-3 weeks before the interview can make miracles, that is why its good to go for the medical a week before the scheduled date, just bring the appointment letter, and a photocopy of it. this is based on one of our co-threader here... it will take 2 days for the medical process to finish.

remember that if your docs are organized or well prepared, there is big possibility that she will get less questions, and less hassle to the consul... i got 2-3 questions during my interview...

yah, you got my no.... call me :)

UdeX

Thanks again bro. I'll relay these to my wife (although she is also quietly lurking in this thread too hehe).

Btw, how much focus did the consul give to the I-134 (affidavit of support) letter? What questions did he ask you about it? :)

Have a great weekend Judex! It will be brutally cold here in Chicago this weekend. It'll make me miss my wife even more :(

hahaha, relax, she will be there soon... let her prepare for the cold weather... i'm happy for you...

as long as you qualify for the the minimum salary requirement to support your wife, you're good. i think the minimum requirement is around $13K-$16K per year, and i am sure you got more... :)

i can't remember the questions, check my past post...

judex

hi kidd

happy to know that your wife finally scheduled for an interview,me and my 3 kids was also interviewed last sept.6,2007 and until now we patiently waiting for the needed visa,we just hope and pray that doors will be open to all of us in the coming months.good luck to your wife.

By the way, about the medical examination, is it true that you'll only gets the results of this at the interview day itself?

Such that when there are problems or findings in your medical examination, your visa will neither be approved nor denied on the interview day, and you will be rescheduled for further medical examination?

Question regarding I-864W eligibility

My question is - Is my spouse eligible to file I-864W instead of me having to do the I-864? Your response is appreciated. Thanks.

ME - sponsor
Spouse - Intending Immigrant

I am going to be a US citizen next month. My spouse will file adjustment of status after I get my citizenship. He has been legally working in US on H1B for the last 8 years continously. I have accquired 36 credits under the Social Security Act while my spouse has 32 credits. We both are currently working and have been married for the last 4 years.

As per the instructions in the I-864W -

You must use this form instead of Form I-864 with yourapplication for an immigrant visa or adjustment of status ifany of the following apply:

1)You have earned (or can be credited with) 40 quartersof coverage under the Social Security Act (SSA). If youhave 40 quarters or SSA coverage, you are exempt fromthe requirement to file Form I-864. You can acquire 40qualifying quarters in the following ways:
By being credited under section 213(a)(3)(B) of theImmigration and Nationality Act with quarters workedby your spouse during the marriage or a parent duringthe time you were under 18 years of age; or
Working in the United States for 40 quarters in whichyou received the minimum income established by theSocial Security Administration; or
A combination of the above.

I'm here now from vacation! Thanks GOD for answered prayers!

Hi kidd, we are happy for you and your wife,, it is an answered prayer...
Praise GOD!

I know you will be given the much needed interview, your PD is current, as for my husband and kids, they will still wait for the lifting of the retrogression for our PD is Sept 2006. Anyway, it will just be months waiting for you to have your wife in Chicago,, hooray! as for our affidavit of support, not much question from consul as Himala has told me, hehehe,, no problem with it,, so don't worry,, we all count our blessings then... congratulations in advance!

Hi there Kamrans, Judex and Bisdakdreamer, I'm back with lots of pain in my heart leaving my family again! I truly praise and thank GOD for the opportunity of being with them and saying the novenas in Sto Nino and procession also,, t'was a great gift of GOD to us! We are waiting for God's miracles now,, He never ever fails us!

To all our co-threaders here, I said my prayers for you all, May our dear good Lord bless us our dream of being united to our love ones,, always remember, when He sends us to a place, His graces will see us thru.. Amen!

Happy New Year! Let us all patiently wait for His divine interventions!

Simala2006

Hi Himala,

Yeah, goodluck to all of us! I'm sure our wait will be over soon.

Regards to Simala :)

Welcome back Simala! Nice to know that you got back safely!
Thank you for including us in your prayers. Know that you and your family are included in ours too. :)

For FTJ gurus,
I applied an I-824 petition for my wife on Jan 08, 08 @ NSC and have a receipt notice. I emailed Beirut Consulate regarding FTJ but refused to open an case based on I-824 receipt notice although I offered to send a copy of GC, I-140, and I-485 approval notices. How can I proceed on this when NSC is still processing Feb 2007 cases? I hate to be waiting a whole year for NSC to notify NVC about my LPR status. NVC seem not to able to know my status and is not willing to open a case until notified by NSC.

-------------------------------
ROW @ NSC PD: 10/20/06
I-765 AD: 02/07/07
I-131 AD: 02/20/07
I-485 RD: 12/04/06, AD: 10/10/07, CR: 10/16/07
I-824 RD: 01/08/08, AD: ??
FTJ: ??

Last edited by a moderator:
Pls Help. FTJ Visa Stuck in Final Step

I got my GC thru EB1 two years ago, and my son was interviewed at the Guangzhou Consulate, PRC for E15 follow-to-join visa. He was given a "pink receipt" approval notice for visa pick up in 2 days. But when we returned they consulate issued a letter saying "There are currently no "E" visas available. oh, god, we checked all State Department's visa bulletins from last October to Feb, 2008, all "E1" visas for China are "current".

Pls kindly help me understand if the consulate has their own visa quota system which runs different from the State Department's, and what we can do to push the case.

All inputs will be highly appreciated!!:)

Thank you tons in advance!!

What is the exact date your Son returned to the interview? The consulate maybe right as all I-485 approvals at USCIS halted due to visa unavailability. But don't worry, maybe new visas will be allocated for the month of February by Department of State or for sure in Q3 starting April 1st.

I got my GC thru EB1 two years ago, and my son was interviewed at the Guangzhou Consulate, PRC for E15 follow-to-join visa. He was given a "pink receipt" approval notice for visa pick up in 2 days. But when we returned they consulate issued a letter saying "There are currently no "E" visas available. oh, god, we checked all State Department's visa bulletins from last October to Feb, 2008, all "E1" visas for China are "current".

Pls kindly help me understand if the consulate has their own visa quota system which runs different from the State Department's, and what we can do to push the case.

All inputs will be highly appreciated!!:)

Thank you tons in advance!!

What is the exact date your Son returned to the interview? The consulate maybe right as all I-485 approvals at USCIS halted due to visa unavailability. But don't worry, maybe new visas will be allocated for the month of February by Department of State or for sure in Q3 starting April 1st.

Thanks so much for your input!! My son received approval notice on Jan 30, 08 and returned to pick up visa on Feb 01 but was told that no "E" visas are currently available. But why my son's visa is tied to I-485 processing? The Feb Visa bulletin shows all "E1" visas for China are "CURRENT". Could you kindly post information here regarding current visa unavailability for I-485.

Thank you once again!:)

Well, USCIS and consulates abroad are allocated one visa quota per quarter or maybe per month. The trend on this forum and other forum is that USCIS are not processing I-485 for the past week because of visa availability. Since your Son's visa will be using your PD and your classification, then it is allocated from the same quota. Hope that clears your questions. Once I-485 approval pick-up at USCIS or the new March bulletin is released by Feb 15, start bothering your consulate for the visa.
Thanks so much for your input!! My son received approval notice on Jan 30, 08 and returned to pick up visa on Feb 01 but was told that no "E" visas are currently available. But why my son's visa is tied to I-485 processing? The Feb Visa bulletin shows all "E1" visas for China are "CURRENT". Could you kindly post information here regarding current visa unavailability for I-485.

Thank you once again!:)

Status
Not open for further replies.