Follow To Join....

Status
Not open for further replies.
You should be getting a welcome letter with case# from USCIS, and that can be used to get/track status.

rammy/ NJ,

I just wanted to let you know that Today my wife received the SSN card.Did u get ur SSN and Greencards yet.Till now we havent got the green card yet. .My wife arrived on 24th of august.

Thanks,
RM

I heard dates were current lately for all categories. Have you contacted consulate/embassy again regarding your case?

Fyi:
Interview is scheduled by consulate/embassy, not NVC. Once cable is sent to consulate/embassy by NVC, NVC is out of picture. Consulate/Embassy should have informed people who had PD issue and had interview scheduled.

Me and my 3 kids received an appointment for an interview last Sept.6 in Manila U.S.Embassy only to be told that our category[eb3]is not current yet and they will just inform us as soon as visa is already available by October or November.

This is another mess of their system that needs an immediate overhaul,I sensed that the embassy people even wondered why NVC issued an appointment when in fact our category is not current yet.

To all those who already received their appointment,I advice you to contact embassy to confirm or you may end up wasting your time,money and effort.

No,I haven't contacted embassy yet,our interview was done three days ago[sept.6]

All categories are not current as of this date,it's unavailable for China,India,Mexico and for Phil.is Aug.1 2002.

I reviewed the embassy website and it says;All case processing for Manila including appointment scheduling generally done at NVC in the U.S.

Update For Rm101

RM,
Same for me. I got my SSN on the 12th day of my arrival but still no greencard till now. I arrived US last 17Aug. Do update us when your wife will receive her greencard. Tks!

RM101,
Just got my greencard in the mail yesterday. My timelines:
arrived US - Aug17
got SSN - Aug29
got GC - Sep8

Hope your wife gets her greencard soon. :)

If your wife is physically present in USA(if she comes on H1) then you cannot file FTJ. You need to file change of status i.e. 485 for her. FTJ is for spouses who are outside USA.

Good Luck.

Hi, I have a question about follow to join. My wife and I got married before my green card approved so she is qualified for the follow to join benefit. If my wife come to US on a H1 visa, whether she can still apply for the follow to join in US? If yes, then what's the procedure? Thanks a lot!

Post your complete timeline in detail and what process you followed.

Hi All
Today i received an email from embassy telling me my wife is ineligible for following to join. They didnot state any reasons why they decide this!!!
My case in summary is CP May 2nd. Wedding Date May 11th and traveled to USA on May 29th. USCIS told me my wife is eligible since your admission date after your marriage. I donot know what to do. Can anyone help me?

If your wife is physically present in USA(if she comes on H1) then you cannot file FTJ. You need to file change of status i.e. 485 for her. FTJ is for spouses who are outside USA.

Good Luck.
Thanks, kamarans! If my GC already approved and then my wife came to US on H1 visa, can she still file I485 application using my approved-case?

If we are married before my GC approvement and my wife comes to US on her own H1 visa, what's the best and fast way for her to get the GC? Can she still benefit from my approved GC besides the FTJ procedure?

Thanks

Hi, does anyone know the processing time of FTJ in Guangzhou Consulate in China after the approvement of I824 in recent days? Usually how long will this after-I824 process take?

Now I need to go through the FTJ process for my wife who is still working in China, if anyone is also doing the FTJ for your spouse, can we share some information? Thanks!

Dear All,

What are people's experiences in terms of how long it takes to get an interview at a consulate, from the time you submit the DS-230 within the US?

I'm an American citizen living in the US and my husband is a German citizen living in London. Because he is working in London, we were not able to do the AOS process from within the US and instead are doing consular processing via the London consulate. We submitted the I-130 in November 2006 and at last were asked to submit the DS-230 (along with I-864) in mid-August 2007. We have been told that there are three more main steps in the process before he gets the green card (or a visa stamp for entry to the US):
(1) notice from the NVC that they have sent the application to the London consulate
(2) notification from the London consulate one month before the interview date, of the medical exam and interview date
(3) the interview at the London consulate.

My question is this: how long does it take to reach each of these steps, from the date of submission of the DS-230 (application for immigrant visa)? We are anxious to live together as soon as possible (after living in different countries for three years) and would really like to have an estimate for when his moving date will be. We'd appreciate any advice or estimates that you know. We'd of course also be interested in any pertinent stories about medical exams or interviews at the London consulate.

thanks so much USNYCUS for your input!

Hi there co-threaders! My dependents went for their medical exams and interview last Sept,, and my husband has even joined us here already in our portal... just posting his input regarding our plight,, anyway, I thank GOD for the opportunity HE gave us that they had at least been given the chance for the interview though not given the visas right away, but they had finished with medicals and paid for the visas already,, the consul told them that visas are not available and maybe it will be Oct or November that it will be available, no guarantees from them for this yet,,,

Yesterday, Oct visa bulletin came out and sad to note, no lifting of retro for us... we are praying and hoping for November visa this time ,, this is the fact, we can only wait and hope,, nothing is promised to us,, one thing good, there is hope and it will only be a matter of time for all of us to receive our much awaited answers to our prayers... let us continue to look forward to positive things to happen soon...

As for my dependents, no hard questions asked from them, and all my papers went thru and was received by consulate without questions too,,, as if they just be filing it maybe,,, at least it was handed to them and now safely filed with them already... Thanks GOD!

Again thanks to you kamrans, judex, bisdakdreamer, and all our co threaders for your help,support and prayers,,,

We will update you with any progress...

Godbless us all,
Simala2006

I heard dates were current lately for all categories. Have you contacted consulate/embassy again regarding your case?

Fyi:
Interview is scheduled by consulate/embassy, not NVC. Once cable is sent to consulate/embassy by NVC, NVC is out of picture. Consulate/Embassy should have informed people who had PD issue and had interview scheduled.

FTJ Check list Response from Chennai Consulate.

HI All,

Yesterday 12th Sep 07 ,I have approached Chennai Consulate to provide me list of documents as a matter of precaution ,though I know what needs to be submitted from this forum and I got a reply today (13th Sep 07) morning .

I am sharing this information thinking that it can be useful to others.

First in the list of docs needs some attention.

1. Copy of I-797c of approved I-824 or Copy of I-797c of approved I-140;

I request anyone who contacted chennai consulate recently or in the past
to comment on this.
From this it is very clear that they dont need I-824 Approval if you have with you I-140 Approval (I was thinking it should be I-485 Approval ,this reply contradicts what we know from the past)

Regards
Bhooshan.

Reply from Chennai Consulate.
----------------
For following to join cases, we need confirmation of principal
applicant's Legal Permanent Resident Status (LPR) from the United States
Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS). We do not have any
information on your case.
To process the case further, please send the following certified
(attorney or notary) copies to our office.

2. Copy of permanent resident's I-551 (better known as green card, both
sides);
3. Complete copy of principal applicant's passport with evidence of
admission as Legal
Permanent Resident.

Also, please include the copies of marriage certificate, visa
applicant's birth certificate, complete local address in India and
DS-230 Part I.

You may mail them to:
American Consulate General
Immigrant Visa Unit
220, Anna Salai
Chennai 600 006
India

Visa Information Unit
220, Anna Salai
Chennai 600 006
India
Phone - 91-44-28574000/28574242
Fax - 91-44- 28112020
Website - http://chennai.usconsulate.gov

v

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Wednesday, September 12, 2007 8:34 PM
To: Chennai, IV
Subject: Follow to Join VISA

Dear Sir /Madam

Could you pl provide me the list of documents required for initiating
Follow to Join VISA

I got my I-485 approved and my wife is in India waiting to join me.
Awaiting your response.

Sincerely
Thammineni

I got following reply from the Consulate Office. And I don't understand few things what they are asking for hopefully someone here has answer for it.

* They didn't attach DS-2002 form when they replied to my email, where can I download the form?
* Regarding #2, where do I go get the Passport stamped?
* Regarding #3. I have the original document for I-824 but don't have it for I-140 and I doubt my employer will give it to me. Will notarized I-140 be suffice?

Thanks in Advance

Document Checklist for Follow-to-Join Applicants

In addition to the documents listed in the DS-2002 all follow-to-join applicants for employment-based petitions must present additional documents to establish their eligibility for immigrant visa.

1. Notarized copy of the principal applicant’s (PA) Legal Permanent Resident (green card);
2. Notarized copy of the evidence of “adjustment of status” by PA – (stamp in the passport);
3. Original copies of I-797 Notice of Action documents issued by the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Service (USCIS) (both the I-824 for follow-to-join applicants and the I-140 for the PA);
4. Notarized copy of the ETA 750 filed for the original I-140 petition, (Alien Employment Certification, offer of employment ;)
5. Notarized Affidavit of support (Form I-134);
6. Last 3 years of tax returns from the PA in the United States;
7. Pay stubs from the last six months for the PA;
8. Letter from the PA’s employer showing the employment date; and
9. Evidence establishing relationship between follow-to-join beneficiaries and PA (photos, e-mails, phone bills, letters)

Chennai Consulate, they are not Specific about I824.
Anyways they need I-140 Approval Notice, and I 485 Approval Notice.

I-140 for Priority Date
I-485 Approval Notice to confirm you Residence since Date.

Hope this helps.

HI All,

Yesterday 12th Sep 07 ,I have approached Chennai Consulate to provide me list of documents as a matter of precaution ,though I know what needs to be submitted from this forum and I got a reply today (13th Sep 07) morning .

I am sharing this information thinking that it can be useful to others.

First in the list of docs needs some attention.

I request anyone who contacted chennai consulate recently or in the past
to comment on this.
From this it is very clear that they dont need I-824 Approval if you have with you I-140 Approval (I was thinking it should be I-485 Approval ,this reply contradicts what we know from the past)

Regards
Bhooshan.

Reply from Chennai Consulate.
----------------
For following to join cases, we need confirmation of principal
applicant's Legal Permanent Resident Status (LPR) from the United States
Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS). We do not have any
information on your case.
To process the case further, please send the following certified
(attorney or notary) copies to our office.

2. Copy of permanent resident's I-551 (better known as green card, both
sides);
3. Complete copy of principal applicant's passport with evidence of
admission as Legal
Permanent Resident.

Also, please include the copies of marriage certificate, visa
applicant's birth certificate, complete local address in India and
DS-230 Part I.

You may mail them to:
Immigrant Visa Unit
220, Anna Salai
Chennai 600 006
India

Visa Information Unit
220, Anna Salai
Chennai 600 006
India
Phone - 91-44-28574000/28574242
Fax - 91-44- 28112020
Website - http://chennai.usconsulate.gov

v

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Wednesday, September 12, 2007 8:34 PM
To: Chennai, IV
Subject: Follow to Join VISA

Dear Sir /Madam

Could you pl provide me the list of documents required for initiating
Follow to Join VISA

I got my I-485 approved and my wife is in India waiting to join me.
Awaiting your response.

Sincerely
Thammineni

Search on google. Also Mumbai Consulate has links on their Website.

#2 Passport Stamping is a Temporary thing You should have got it Done before. Copy of GreenCard is Enough.

#3 Notarized I140 is Enough. Dont have to send any originals.

I got following reply from the Consulate Office. And I don't understand few things what they are asking for hopefully someone here has answer for it.

* They didn't attach DS-2002 form when they replied to my email, where can I download the form?
* Regarding #3. I have the original document for I-824 but don't have it for I-140 and I doubt my employer will give it to me. Will notarized I-140 be suffice?

Thanks in Advance

Document Checklist for Follow-to-Join Applicants

In addition to the documents listed in the DS-2002 all follow-to-join applicants for employment-based petitions must present additional documents to establish their eligibility for immigrant visa.

1. Notarized copy of the principal applicant’s (PA) Legal Permanent Resident (green card);
2. Notarized copy of the evidence of “adjustment of status” by PA – (stamp in the passport);
3. Original copies of I-797 Notice of Action documents issued by the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Service (USCIS) (both the I-824 for follow-to-join applicants and the I-140 for the PA);
4. Notarized copy of the ETA 750 filed for the original I-140 petition, (Alien Employment Certification, offer of employment ;)
5. Notarized Affidavit of support (Form I-134);
6. Last 3 years of tax returns from the PA in the United States;
7. Pay stubs from the last six months for the PA;
8. Letter from the PA’s employer showing the employment date; and
9. Evidence establishing relationship between follow-to-join beneficiaries and PA (photos, e-mails, phone bills, letters)

Form DS-2002 (Instructions for Immigrant Visa Applicants - Document Checklist)

Thanks in Advance

FTJ -Advice needed

Thanks Rammy for your input ;
I need your expret comment on my situation which is perplexing.

EB2 /PD 10 MAR 04 /

I got married on 21st June 07 when I was on H1 (485 pending)
My wife got H4 on 25th June (Morning) from Calcutta
My lawyer got Email on 25th June 07 8:11 PM EST about
my I-485 Approval ;He called me saying that not to bring
my wife as I got my 485 approved and no longer H1 is valid
and so is H4 ;

We are moving ahead with F2J though my wife has H-4
Did any of you come across similar situation where in wife
holds valid H4 VISA ??
---------------------------------------
Some experts comment that as she got H4 before my I-485 approval
she would have travelled with me ;They even say that they have seen
similar cases where in lawyers can initiate special I-485 petition
quoting "time crisis " ;My lawyer is clueless about this.

Pl share your thoughts if you are aware of 'TIME CRISIS ' CLAUSE
where in wife with H4 is allowed to travel and given chance to file
I-485 under some special petition.
-----------------------------------------------
Rammy and other threaders who are knowledgeable
could you pl share your opinion on my situation ??

Thanks in Advance
Bhooshan.

----------------------------
Chennai Consulate, they are not Specific about I824.
Anyways they need I-140 Approval Notice, and I 485 Approval Notice.

I-140 for Priority Date
I-485 Approval Notice to confirm you Residence since Date.

Hope this helps.

rammy,
Did ur wife get the GC and the SSN card.My wife received the SSN card last week and waiting for the GC .

Can u please update.

Thanks,
RM

My wife got SSN in 10 days after POE. I applied for SSN again(a day before I got it).GC is still pending. I am planning to go for infopass next week and get the I-551 Stamp. I went in the week she came here for Infopass, and they didnt have the data Updated by then.

Thanks
Rammy

rammy,
Did ur wife get the GC and the SSN card.My wife received the SSN card last week and waiting for the GC .

Can u please update.

Thanks,
RM

Someone in this group had the same issue ie having a valid H4 and GC got approved.
I am not sure if she can travel on H4 now. legally Speaking H4 is a derivative status,depending on your H1 status. So that end as soon as your h1 ends.
So I am not sure if she can use that to enter now.
Don't do anything to mess up the possibility of getting f2J. You are eligible for follow to join so be patient.

I never heard of Time Crisis so I dont know what it is.
You are EB2, Current Date is April 2004, you are just 1 month off, so get ready for F2J interview. thats your best and most reliable option. make sure that you get all the legal documentation, dates on the Marriage certificate, GC Date, I485 approval Date are in order.

Thanks Rammy for your input ;
I need your expret comment on my situation which is perplexing.

EB2 /PD 10 MAR 04 /

I got married on 21st June 07 when I was on H1 (485 pending)
My wife got H4 on 25th June (Morning) from Calcutta
My lawyer got Email on 25th June 07 8:11 PM EST about
my I-485 Approval ;He called me saying that not to bring
my wife as I got my 485 approved and no longer H1 is valid
and so is H4 ;

We are moving ahead with F2J though my wife has H-4
Did any of you come across similar situation where in wife
holds valid H4 VISA ??
---------------------------------------
Some experts comment that as she got H4 before my I-485 approval
she would have travelled with me ;They even say that they have seen
similar cases where in lawyers can initiate special I-485 petition
quoting "time crisis " ;My lawyer is clueless about this.

Pl share your thoughts if you are aware of 'TIME CRISIS ' CLAUSE
where in wife with H4 is allowed to travel and given chance to file
I-485 under some special petition.
-----------------------------------------------
Rammy and other threaders who are knowledgeable
could you pl share your opinion on my situation ??

Thanks in Advance
Bhooshan.

----------------------------

Status
Not open for further replies.