Folks with Local transfers -Lets get together

PermRes1

Registered Users (C)
RD - 06/12/01
ND- 08/09/01
FP- 11/27/01
Changed Jobs - Jan 2002
My Case has been transferred to San Fransisco Local INS on March 29th 2002.
AVM says - Case Transferred to SF Local. They will schedule your interview or decide on your case.
Does this mean that there will be an interview? or Can they approve without one???
Please share your experiences?

Same Here - Just for Dependent

RD:06/05 Primary got approved on 03/22.
Spouse case transfered to Local INS in Orlando on 04/04. No new after
that.
How about your dependent case (in case you are married ??)

Munu - Is your\'s dependent\'s case unusual? Just curious. Both mine and spouse case transferred

No, it was a simple case

It was a simple case. Only thing was medical..she didn\'t do vaccination as she was pregnant...but I think it was waived by the doctor. But for this reason they should send RFE.
She is also working...but always on a valid H1-B.
Is your spouse working ?????

What I think is that if they need any additional information and you don\'t fall under Vermont jurisdiction, they are transfering the case to local INS. This will reduce the backlog. See the trend in recent transfers
You -> CA
Me -> Florida
There are few more transfers recently for Los Angles, Chicago and Dallas.

What do you think. What is your lawyer saying about this.

mumu

My take on your transfer case is you must have changed address to
Orlando, which is not VSC\'s service area anymore.
At least this is one of the big possibility that they would transfer your case.

I never changed my address

My company is from NJ and they got permission to file all the cases in Vermont irrespective of where the employee is working. But somehow
our file got seperated and I got approved and she is now stuck.

mumu

Then your original Address must be in FL, right? What I really mean is by physically locating in a state that\'s not a VSC\'s service area
gives a high chance of transfer, your own case may be a lucky one but
your wife\'s not. I have seen quite a few cases before in this board..
At least it\'s my own observation.

Boilermakerr

There are some people from NC,TX,AZ,CA etc who got approved with or without change of address. But in munu\'s case, he got approved and his spouse case transfered. So what you are saying regd location, is a wrong interpretation.

My case also transferred to Local INS on Mar 29 2002

Hi,
I am also in the same situation, my case was transferred to Local INS, Louisville, KY on 03/29/2002.

RD - 08/20/01
ND- 10/15/01
FP- 2/4/02
Changed Jobs and changed address.
My Case has been transferred to Louisville, KY Local INS on March 29th 2002. Received transfer notice from VSC on 4/5/02.

One good news is, Louisville INS office is processing I-485 transfer cases which are received on 03/29/02. I guess, it may not take long for me to get interview.

So does transfer to Local INS mean that there will be an interview ???

Can they approve it without any interview or RFE??? Please answer.
Besides while going for an interview should we take our lawyer with us?

Transferred to Philly on 03/18/02

Case moved from NSC, changed address.
No news yet.

Who all Changed their Address during the AOS process

Lets see if there is anything common between all of us which is triggering these local transfers.

No Title

The "out of VSC area" theory may have some validity. I saw several VSC transfers to Kansas City recently. Kansas City takes about 5 month I heard, do not know other cities. Any ideas?

Questions about the interview...

Both my case and my husband\'s were transfered to Newark office on 03/07/02, we got the notice that we are gonna take the interview the last day of April. We are asked to bring passport, I94, medical result and my employment letter. Now almost everything is ready except the employment letter, I would go back my company to get it this week.

My question is: Are they gonna make the decision the same day? Or how long they need to take to review my case? Do you think they would let people to take the second interview? I am really worried about it.

Anybody, would you please give me a little help about those questions?

No Title

Dinads, each case is different and varies from officer to officer. I heard in most cases, officer asks questions on the I485 forms and verify the employment. Decision could be made on the same day, or after interview (some cases, pending CIA security checks). Again, there is no fixed model for interviews. Second interview, according to my knowledge, is Not common. From what you mention, your case is the fortunate one. In many locations, it takes 5 month to schedule a interview. Yours only take about less than 2 months. So be positive and relax. I wish you the best.

vscwaiter100, thanks a lot!

What you said sounds reasonable and means a lot to me, I really appreciate it!

Dina