FOIA instructions for Labor Details

Hello gurus please help in filling FOIA form G-639.

I only need ETA750A and ETA750B

what should I write in the

-- Item 3 Consent to Release information
Print Name of Person Giving Consent:
Signature of Person Giving Consent:
and there are checkboxes for ( allow requestor in item2 to see
all my records, a portion of my record

-- Item5 . I only need ETA750A and ETA750B.
it says ( Identify by name,date,subject matter and location of information)
What exactly should I write here. I have the Labor receipt number. Can I put it here?

-- Item 6 *'s are required..
Given Name ( is this first name ?)
Alien Registration# ( whats is this?)
Petition or claim Receipt# (whats is this?)

Please help :confused:

jambalakadi said:
Hello gurus please help in filling FOIA form G-639.

I only need ETA750A and ETA750B

what should I write in the

-- Item 3 Consent to Release information
Print Name of Person Giving Consent:
Signature of Person Giving Consent:
and there are checkboxes for ( allow requestor in item2 to see
all my records, a portion of my record

-- Item5 . I only need ETA750A and ETA750B.
it says ( Identify by name,date,subject matter and location of information)
What exactly should I write here. I have the Labor receipt number. Can I put it here?

-- Item 6 *'s are required..
Given Name ( is this first name ?)
Alien Registration# ( whats is this?)
Petition or claim Receipt# (whats is this?)

Please help :confused:

Item 3 is for the ppl who are not filling the FOIA by themselves. For ex: ppl who can't write or read english. In your case you can ignore that section if your filing it by your self.

Item 5: If you have I140 Receipt no then write that no and state that you also need underlying copy along with and say forms ETA750A and B.
For reason you can say for personal records.

Item 6 : Given name is not the first name so if you don't have any then you can ignore it. ex: usually the slang name. Peter becmes pete.
Alien Registration# is the visa no assigned to you when you apply for I140
look for it in you r I14- copy.

Receipt No : you can put your I140 receipt no here.

if your I140 is filed at NSC then send this to NSC USCIS office.
Don't forget to mention Attention to FOIA/PA unit on the envelop and in the address.(uscis address)

Last edited by a moderator:
hmd said:
if your I140 is filed at NSC then send this to NSC USCIS office.
Don't forget to mention Attention to FOIA/PA unit on the envelop and in the address.(uscis address)
Attn : FOIA/PA unit is a must on envelope.

paincard

PainCard,

FOIA is freedom of information Act.because of this act u can fill a form and get all copies of GC documents from USCIS directly without the knowledge of ur employer.

if u wanna use AC21 u need labor details for same or similar job and job duties. If u dont have and ur employer is not giving that info to you then u can simply send G-639 form and get all ur details in 3 months.

u can get all copies of ETA750A,B I-140 approval forms, I-485 forms..

hope this helps..for more info..readon :D

http://boards.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?t=146444&highlight=FOIA+labor

http://www.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?t=116194

http://boards.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?t=151422&highlight=FOIA+labor

Foia request for labor documents

Can i request full Labor documents for approved Labor (not mine) under FOIA?
Should my employer has to request it?

TIA
mvnm

No its not substituted for me but my company wants to substitute for me. But the ETA forms are missing for this Labor and i want to request from DOL / USCIS for the copies of ETA Forms.
ALso when i substitute a EB3 Labor, what priority date do i get for 485, Is it today's date or original Labor filied date?

Mixed opinions

I have been reading lot of postings in this forum about labor substitution and priority dates and people have been giving mixed opinions about the priority dates. Is there anybody who has used substitute labor and used the original priority date and got their 140/485 approved?

Iam totally confused to wait for my labor or use a substitute and take the risk. Well if priority date doesnot get carried over then i am better off with my own labor which is in the BRC..

Please help

Thanks

mvnm00 said:
No its not substituted for me but my company wants to substitute for me. But the ETA forms are missing for this Labor and i want to request from DOL / USCIS for the copies of ETA Forms.
ALso when i substitute a EB3 Labor, what priority date do i get for 485, Is it today's date or original Labor filied date?

If ETA forms are missing, your company can file FOIA and get a copy from either DOL or CIS.

- ab

Same question -- How long does it take to get the document back from FOIA? Really appreciate it if anybody can share their story.

jambalakadi1 said:
Its over two months now. Nothing came from FOIA.
How long they will take to process FOIA requests?

My story

Hi All,

I had applied for FOIA since my case was a substitution LC. I applied it during the 3rd week or March and got a letter from USCIS FOIA dept on April 22, 2005. The reason I had filed was to know my PD and get a copy of the LC

On May 3rd VSC processing dates had crossed my ND so I called VSC and a nice lady told that my application is pending since I had an FOIA request and my files had moved to them. She mentioned until they release the files, an officer cannot process.

Today I called VSC FOIA dept and they said that they are working on cases filed in Jan. I had to fax them to withdraw my FOIA request so they can release my files to USCIS.The FOIA rep also mentioned that she is yet to get my paper as well:mad:

I faxed her and called her back. She mentioend that she is going to cancel my request so USCIS can process my 485.

I wanted to tell my story so you can know how long you might have to wait.

gc_vsc