FOIA instructions for Labor Details

gc_vsc....please reply

gc_vsc,
Can you please post the contact number, fax number of FOIA office for cancelling FOIA request? Also can you post the format of the letter for FOIA request cancellation?
Several people are in the similar situation like you. Your reply would be greatly appreciated.
Thnx,
Raaj

Last edited by a moderator:
Dol

Has anyone filed FOIA to get LC from DOL? I think filing FOIA with DOL is better as this would not cause any delay is 485 (correct me if I am wrong)
Can anyone please tell me how to file FOIA with DOL?

Gurus Please respond..

My FOIA request for labor details received on 9-MAR-05. SO far I did not get anything from them.

Do you know how much time it will take for them to send the details. I sent the request to NSC. DO I have to send it to DOL? as I am only interested in Labor Certification?

I will call USCIS regarding my FOIA status. What number should I call ?

Please respond :(

update from FOIA

Last time ( July-05) I called my number was 32000 out of 59000 pending FOIA requests. I called FOIA last week in October-05 and my number moved to 28,292 out of 69K pending foia requests.

So in each Month they are processing just 1000+ requests :eek:

FOIA enquiry no.

Hello jambalakadi1,

can you please give the no. for enquiring about the FOIA status, I have not received any letter after I applied for FOIA yet at NSC

chrislofter,
see the letter i got from FOIA. you can call this number but I dont think they will find your info with out the reference number. You can always call and try your luck. As soon as they get the request they will put it in their system and will send a letter to you. However, as you said you sent this to NSC, This might take a while Bcoz NSC FOIA is closed and they will re-route your request to the below address. I sent it to nebraska in Feb-05. NRC put it in their system in Jul-05. I lost 5 months there.

The Phone bumber is 816-350-5570.
Fax# 816-350-5785

correction: the ref# is NRCXXXXXXXXX and this letter did not originated from NBC as I said befor.

here is what letter says (main points)

PO box 648010
Lee's Summit , MO 64064

"Additionally, we respond to request on first-in, first-out basis and multi-track system. With this system we consider each request according to the complexity and volume so that requesters with a simple and quick response do not wait for extended periods of time while we review complex voluminous requests. Because of the nature of your request we have placed your request on the simple track.

The office is now availabe to offer you the option of having your records copied to a CD for your in PC. your records can be viewd on your computer screen and can be printed onto paper. Only records 15 pages or more are eligible for CD printing. Attorneys automatically receive CDs, unless they contact us to request paper copies. Once an attorney has requested paper copies, all future responsive records will ve provided via paper - there is no need to call again. For individuals( i.e non-attorneys) please call our office at (816) 350-5570 to order your record on CD. Once you request your records on either CD or paper, all future records will be furnished in the format you have requested."

file goes to MO ?

hello jambalakadi,

somebody told me that if I request my approved I-140 documents, my entire file including 140 , 485 will go to FOIA processing center (Lee's Summit , MO 64064) and after finishing the job it will come back to service center.
It looks like my file will struck at FOIA processing center for a long time,
Is it TRUE ?

thanks

Yes its a strong possibility. I have seen this in the forum. But I dont think they will hold your file so long and do nothing. They wont go for your records until your number is first in the queue. may be they hold it for 6-8 weeks.

8-10 months

My attorney sent in 2 FOIA requests back at the end of June. Well it's past the end of October now (4months) and they are telling me it's currently taking 8 to 10 months since now that FOIAs are being centrally processed. So basically, unless I cancel the request, I figure at this rate I will lose 1 year for asking to see my file :(

I have mailed the FOIA request to CSC office in LA in 2nd week of August, 2005. But I have not recieved any reciept notice or confirmation letter from them. Is it normal or should I send another request to MO office since they have centralised the FOIA requests. Please provide your inputs.
Thanks

i was in the same boat as you. i sent my FOIA to the service center, instead of the central location (lee summit), but luckily it has been forwarded to the central location and they have generated a control number for my request.

it depends on what type of request, if its simple or complex FOIA request. it says in my letter its a simple request that i asked and its not going to be put to a lot of waiting time (i hope that means it will come in 3-6 months).

just want to share this info for all.

in future i suggest people sending FOIA send it to the central location address, so that they do not waste any time. if possible be specific about the documents that you want. do not ask for the moon, this might make the request put in complex processing...

Foia

I have sent my request in June '05. I have got a control number.

Two months ago, I called the center and the lady told me that it will take seven more months to process my request. So, it is taking about 10 months to process the request.

Recently, my lawyer called the center to update something else and the USCIS told him that my file is under FOIA process and cannot be touched at this time.

What a waste of time!

FOIA is processing Requests received in MARCH 2005. Mine is submitted in July 05. They said it will take aroung 3-4 months for my request to complete.

I am 18,030th in the queue of total 85000+ requests.

jambalakadi1 said:
FOIA is processing Requests received in MARCH 2005. Mine is submitted in July 05. They said it will take aroung 3-4 months for my request to complete.

I am 18,030th in the queue of total 85000+ requests.

Holy cow.. So, its been like 1 year and still you haven't recieved. Is this NORMAL for FOIA requests to fall in the range of a year.

What are other's experiences? How long it took you? I'm thinking about to file but looking at the slow pace...

Last edited by a moderator:
I had sent my request on 27 Jul 2005. Got the letter from them dated 31st Aug. Have been waiting ever since.. Have inquired twice in between - only to be told that I am in queue..

jambalakadi1 said:
FOIA is now processing requests received in May 2005. They are processing about 6000 requests per month
You have any idea how asking for labor+I140 affects your 485. My 485 is not filed yet but the other 2 are approved. Waiting for my PD to be current. Meanwhile, if I get copies, some outside chance to retain my PD. While this FOIA is in process, if my PD gets current, how does it impact 485. Any delay as the lab+140 docs are in another dept.