Fingerprints TRACKER - CSC

balabala,

I did the FP the same day you did. My 485 date is updated to 03/07/2005 along with the change of "270-300 days" from "660 days".

I will send you a priviate message. Let's keep in touch.

got email from INS, saying FP was recieved, and case processing resumed.

Last edited by a moderator:
I-140 Approved!!!!!!!!

Hello Appollo_13 et all,

My 140 is approved on the 9th March. I did my FP on the 10th march and waiting for the result.

140 & 485 RD - Aug 9 2004.

Apollo_13 said:
IWantIt,

Its good to know that you have received your FP notice. I also received it last week.

Both of our RD are same. Lets keep in touch.

IWantIt said:
Hello Appollo_13 et all,

My 140 is approved on the 9th March. I did my FP on the 10th march and waiting for the result.

140 & 485 RD - Aug 9 2004.

Congrats for your I-140 approval. Looks like you are going to receive your I-485 approval too pretty soon as the current processing date in CSC is 2nd Aug 2004.

Any change in your I-485 status (after your FP)? Any change in LUD?

balabala,
I am in the same boat, applied EB2 - 485 - 02/1x/05 at VSC. Received FP ND 03/xx/05.
Is this good sign to go for FP, I am little worried because they are asking within 2wks duration. In this situation do I need to re-schedule or go for it.
Did not received EAD, AP yet.

Any idea why they are need FP so soon. I thought they need FP to check crime report before they issue 485 approval. What does this faster FP ND mean.

Please suggest.

Apollo_13 said:
Congrats for your I-140 approval. Looks like you are going to receive your I-485 approval too pretty soon as the current processing date in CSC is 2nd Aug 2004.

Any change in your I-485 status (after your FP)? Any change in LUD?

Nope. There is no change in the 485 status after my FP. My LUD on 485 was Jan 7th 2005.

FP Results Received

IWantIt said:
Nope. There is no change in the 485 status after my FP. My LUD on 485 was Jan 7th 2005.

Just got emails from USCIS and my (wife's also) FP results were received on March 15th.

IWantIt said:
Just got emails from USCIS and my (wife's also) FP results were received on March 15th.

Cool dude, just keep your fingers crossed...you are going to see your GC approval email soon.

Keep us all updated (including LUD change).

Good luck.

USCIS online status doesn't change after FP

I had FP on Feb 18, 2005. But I didn't receive any confirmation email from USCIS web site and the online status still says '...send out FP notice on 2/4...' even one month after FP.
I also recieved another notice for FP which has notice date 2/17/05. My lawyer told me that this is a new procedure and the second FP notice is to take a picture. I'm not sure if the online status is waiting for the biometric info? Anyone is in the same situation?

deepikarao_2004 said:
balabala,

Any idea why they are need FP so soon. I thought they need FP to check crime report before they issue 485 approval. What does this faster FP ND mean.

Please suggest.
deepikarao,
Like most people in this forum, I have no idea about what INS's doing. However, I do not take the quick FP notice as a bad sign for sure. The reasons are: after FP, it shows something positive. ie. the estimate processing time (485) changed from 660 days to 270~300days, even though these number is not that meaningful. plus, in the FP notice, it says it might delay you process if you can not make it on schedule. so, I'd say: just go ahead and do it.

I completed my early FP (Code 3) today in Pittsburgh.

People were very nice and they accepted early FP.

I just had to show my passport/original FP notice. I filled up a form and waited for my turn to come. They completed FP and biometrics.

Finally, they gave me a receipt with a stamp on the back side of the receipt.

Code 3, but only capture your Biometics

Today I received my second FP. I did first one in April of 2004. It is less than 12 months. I am kind of surprised because it usually takes 15 months. Compared to first FP notice (cleared by the FBI), 2nd FP notice says: USCIS
must capture your Biometric. However, the code is falled into code 3, which means "Both regular Finger Print and Biometrics" according to your opinion. Could you please tell me if it is nomal?

Second question is: whether the action will delay my 485 approval (my 140 NIW has been approved)? I have waited 485 for over a year in CSC. I think it should be approved currently because my many friends got approvals even their applications later than me. Would you tell me if I have to wait longer because this FP?

Apollo_13 said:
Lately people have started receiving FP notice which also requires them to give biometrics info or they receive just biometrics notice if they have already given their FP recently.

1. Biometrics - This is basically required for printing EAD cards and GC plastic cards. INS officers take digital photographs, digital signature of the applicant, finger print of the right index finger,

2. Regular FP is basically used by FBI to perform name check, criminal records check etc. INS officers take finger prints of all 10 fingers.

After reading few threads and other member's responses, my understanding is like this. You can see one of the following code in your FP notice and it means as follows:

Code 1 -> Regular Finger print
Code 2 -> Biometrics
Code 3 -> Both regular Finger Print and Biometrics

anth said:
I had FP on Feb 18, 2005. But I didn't receive any confirmation email from USCIS web site and the online status still says '...send out FP notice on 2/4...' even one month after FP.
I also recieved another notice for FP which has notice date 2/17/05. My lawyer told me that this is a new procedure and the second FP notice is to take a picture. I'm not sure if the online status is waiting for the biometric info? Anyone is in the same situation?

I still only have "Your I485 Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status was received on xxxxx, 2004" Although I have done FP + biometrics.

I guess my case is handled by some lazy officer. :confused: How can I know if I passd the FP check?

FP & Biometrics

I have a strange issue.

My wife and myself gave FP a month ago.

Two weeks later my wife got Biometrics code 3 and she gave that too. But, I did not get that yet. It's been a month already.

Has anyone had a similar experience?

I am worried that they might have sent me, but, somehow my mail might have gotten misplaced

master_chari said:
I have a strange issue.

My wife and myself gave FP a month ago.

Two weeks later my wife got Biometrics code 3 and she gave that too. But, I did not get that yet. It's been a month already.

Has anyone had a similar experience?

I am worried that they might have sent me, but, somehow my mail might have gotten misplaced

Check with your attorney. Usually attorney also receive a copyof FP notice(courtesy copy).

Thank you Appolo_13.

That was a great idea, which did not strike me for three weeks!

need help

hi apollo_13,

we also filed our case at csc and got fp notice. i live in connecticut but i got fp notice with an appointment at oakland office in california for apr 7th.
i am planning to go for early fp to hartford office in ct. what is ur center on fp notice. is it in pittsburgh or in california. ur reply will be great help for me.

thanks in advance,
gcwait2005

Apollo_13 said:
I completed my early FP (Code 3) today in Pittsburgh.

People were very nice and they accepted early FP.

I just had to show my passport/original FP notice. I filled up a form and waited for my turn to come. They completed FP and biometrics.

Finally, they gave me a receipt with a stamp on the back side of the receipt.

gcwait2005 said:
hi apollo_13,

we also filed our case at csc and got fp notice. i live in connecticut but i got fp notice with an appointment at oakland office in california for apr 7th.
i am planning to go for early fp to hartford office in ct. what is ur center on fp notice. is it in pittsburgh or in california. ur reply will be great help for me.

thanks in advance,
gcwait2005

Mine was in Baltimore, MD

Couldn't go for Finger Print

Due to Change of address I got both my attorney copy and my copy of Finger print notification late. There were 15 days from the notice date to Appointment Date. What should I do now? Can I just show up and explain them the reason and give my finger print? Or I have to reshedule it by filling the Notice and sending it to Santa Ana office? Do I have to use the original copy to reschedule it? The code is 3 which is Regular FP and biometrics.

Please help!

Thanks,
OneGCPlease

Gave my FP

I went to Santa Ana office yesterday and explained them the reason for missing the appointment. They were very cool and took my FP and Biometrics.