• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Finances (Affidavit Of Support)

greenusa

Hi, if at interview consul will not like my personal financial support, can he immediately cancel my case? Has he such right? Or he should give me a time to find sponsor in USA?
If yes how long is that time?

Of the cases I have heard of, there is not immediate cancellation but time to find a sponsor. The time is not usually specified but the later in the fiscal year the more worrying it is in case you hit the deadline; also if 2014 is precedent and they start running out of visa numbers, you may find you have lost your number and put on a waitlist or lose out.

Of the cases I have heard of, there is not immediate cancellation but time to find a sponsor. The time is not usually specified but the later in the fiscal year the more worrying it is in case you hit the deadline; also if 2014 is precedent and they start running out of visa numbers, you may find you have lost your number and put on a waitlist or lose out.
@SusieQQQ I have another query on this subject. I read in this forum that the sponsor need not to be a relative. He may be a friend even. Hope that is true. Now my question is what about the status of the sponsor. Is he necessary to be a citizen of US or a green card holder is fine??
Thanks

Green card holder is fine. The important things are that the person is resident in the US and can prove that they can support you if necessary.

Green card holder is fine. The important things are that the person is resident in the US and can prove that they can support you if necessary.

Agree with this - and in addition even a temporary visa holder (such as H1) can complete the I-134.

hi guys, i am in Tanzania,Africa, how may i knw when my interview will be scheduled? i have never seen any notification so far since october 1st, any related information please

hi guys, i am in Tanzania,Africa, how may i knw when my interview will be scheduled? i have never seen any notification so far since october 1st, any related information please

The date of your interview is determined by your case number as compared to the visa bulletin (and also when you submitted your DS260).

What is your approximate case number (hide the last 2 or 3 numbers so it will be like 2015AF29XXX).

Thanks for answers, also I am interested in job offer as financial support.
Is it real thing to find job offer before interview? Why employer will give you job offer without green card or SSN and why he will wait for you before you get there? Does winning in green card lottery give you more chance than ordinary job seeking to be offered by employer?

and what if the communication between me and a friend in US has been difficult currently is there any option to solve that and if i filled that i will move with my familly and i have just thought to change like moving alone and then they will follow me after a few months , is it acceptable?

my case number is 2015AF00030*** thank u , how can i knw there good friend

Ok, so your case number won't be current until around April. That means you won't hear anything until around February. Your notification will be an email...

Thanks for answers, also I am interested in job offer as financial support.
Is it real thing to find job offer before interview? Why employer will give you job offer without green card or SSN and why he will wait for you before you get there? Does winning in green card lottery give you more chance than ordinary job seeking to be offered by employer?

Finding a job before you come to the USA is not a realistic goal for most people. You would need exceptional skills or contacts to secure an offer before arriving.

Once you are here, having a Green Card means you are as employable as anyone else here legally - no more, no less.

whaaaat......february?!! oooh noooooo , bt no way out i will wait praying for it to work out well, thanks Britsimon ur such a good friend, wat about the other qn?

whaaaat......february?!! oooh noooooo , bt no way out i will wait praying for it to work out well, thanks Britsimon ur such a good friend, wat about the other qn?

I'm not sure what you mean about the communication with your friend. For the other question once you have your interview you will have up to 6 months for you and all family with the visas to enter USA to activate your Green Card status (LPR). You could go ahgead of them but ALL must have entered prior to the 6 months. Once you have entered you will be able to leave immediately for up to 12 months. So - you need to plan around those timelines...

morning guys , as ts morning in Tanzania, hope you all fine, so what if i want to secure an home appartment by renting before u go there, is there any real estate comoany that may arange that?

Most people are very sceptical of doing anything online as it is fertile ground for scammers - on both sides. If you don't know anyone there, best is to arrange for a hotel room when you arrive and be in contact with rental companies so you can start apartment hunting as soon as you arrive.