• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Finances (Affidavit Of Support)

If I'll have all required documents correctly (without sponsor's documents (I-134)) and my financial assets more than 10K and good work experience in IT, can consul say no for visa immediately?
Is there anybody who was rejected immediately only for insufficient finances? without giving period to bring sponsor documents or other assets proof? Can I appeal consul's decision if that happens? Does it make sense to involve attorney in that situation?

You sound fine.

If denied for financial reasons, the applicant will normally be given time to prepare evidence, although that is risky late in the year.

If a ruling is final, then there is no appeal and a lawyer cannot help in CP cases.

Thank for answering,
As I see in this year case numbers are much behind to real interview dates, for example one person has case number for October and his interview date is set in the end of December, (DS260 was confirmed in time, in June. I know application processing takes about 4 months). Is that normal date scheduling comparing to last year?

Thank for answering,
As I see in this year case numbers are much behind to real interview dates, for example one person has case number for October and his interview date is set in the end of December, (DS260 was confirmed in time, in June. I know application processing takes about 4 months). Is that normal date scheduling comparing to last year?

No, there has been delays....

http://britsimonsays.com/delay-getting-2nl-letter/

If I'll have all required documents correctly (without sponsor's documents (I-134)) and my financial assets more than 10K and good work experience in IT, can consul say no for visa immediately?
Is there anybody who was rejected immediately only for insufficient finances? without giving period to bring sponsor documents or other assets proof? Can I appeal consul's decision if that happens? Does it make sense to involve attorney in that situation?

Okay, let's get something straight here, a denied decision is final, it cannot be appealed, there's absolutely nothing a lawyer can do for you at that stage of the game.

Now, having said that, if you think you will be able to present enough evidence to prove your financial worth if required to do so, then go with whatever evidence you have (assuming your embassy isn't one that insists on seeing an I-134). However, if you're able to get someone to fill out the I-134 for you, then go ahead and get, and have it with you as a back up option to be presented if required. Don't take the risk of being put on AP if it turns out you will not be able to show enough financial evidence of your own to prove you will not become a public charge in the US if required to do so.

(assuming your embassy isn't one that insists on seeing an I-134).
This is ambiguous :) Here is extract from required documents from my embassy site:
"EVIDENCE OF FINANCIAL SUPPORT.
You should be able to demonstrate that you will not become a public charge. A completed I-134 Affidavit of
Support Form with original signature will be useful to the consular officer to evaluate your petitioner’s
ability to be financially responsible for you. You should also submit your petitioner’s most recent U.S.
Federal income tax return (Form 1040) and wage statements (Form W-2). Employment letters stating
salaries and bank statements may be included to substantiate the I-134. Form I-134 is available at
http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis. "

Does this mean that it is mandatory or not? I know that last year there were some cases when people were given visas without sponsors.
I called to my embassy and asked this question, they said to write email to KCC, I wrote, but they answered that all required documents are listed on site :) and if other documents will be requested they will tell me on the interview.

This is ambiguous :) Here is extract from required documents from my embassy site:
"EVIDENCE OF FINANCIAL SUPPORT.
You should be able to demonstrate that you will not become a public charge. A completed I-134 Affidavit of
Support Form with original signature will be useful to the consular officer to evaluate your petitioner’s
ability to be financially responsible for you. You should also submit your petitioner’s most recent U.S.
Federal income tax return (Form 1040) and wage statements (Form W-2). Employment letters stating
salaries and bank statements may be included to substantiate the I-134. Form I-134 is available at
http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis. "

Does this mean that it is mandatory or not? I know that last year there were some cases when people were given visas without sponsors.
I called to my embassy and asked this question, they said to write email to KCC, I wrote, but they answered that all required documents are listed on site :) and if other documents will be requested they will tell me on the interview.

This isn't ambiguous - it is case specific. An I-134 should not be "required" as a default of ALL cases, but it may be useful/required in SOME cases.

Read this.

http://britsimonsays.com/all-about-public-charge-affidavit-of-support-i-134/

I've already read that article, I know why they need affidavits... but why they can't simply answer question yes or not? or write correct and unambiguous information on all embassy web sites...

I've already read that article, I know why they need affidavits... but why they can't simply answer question yes or not? or write correct and unambiguous information on all embassy web sites...

Again, the answer is case by case.

If you have $30 in your bank account and no assets you might well need an I-134.

If you have $100k in your bank account you don't need an I-134.

See how that works?