Finally I received it !

when persecutor tortured me ..they took my cell phone and visiting cards. I mentioned that in my applicaiton (I shouldnot have mention it). when i filed for my case i didnt know abt material bar.
??
I am planning to visit japan not COP.....

Hi God_is_Green, I understand about your situation, I am also in the same one. By the way, how can you tell that the story in your asylum application is trigger the bar? How sure are you about this? I am trying to find out of why they put me in this bar too, but I can't think of anything. I consult this matter with the attorney, she told me that it could not be because of something in your asylum application, if because of that why would the INS approve your application since the begining. I have applied my I-485 since 2005 till now I got nothing but wait. Anybody have any idea please help.

Hi God_is_Green, I understand about your situation, I am also in the same one. By the way, how can you tell that the story in your asylum application is trigger the bar? How sure are you about this? I am trying to find out of why they put me in this bar too, but I can't think of anything. I consult this matter with the attorney, she told me that it could not be because of something in your asylum application, if because of that why would the INS approve your application since the begining. I have applied my I-485 since 2005 till now I got nothing but wait. Anybody have any idea please help.

Writ of Mandamus and they have to adjust your case but cant deny your case based on the Material support bar like before

Hi everyone
I am new here and I am glad that I found this place. Well I am pretty much in the same situation except that I was unlucky enough to be in the first batch of people received denial notice to the I485... I had to file Motion to reopen and my case was placed on hold. so I don't know what to do now. I am losing patience and I have tried anything suggested to speed up the process. My activity has nothing to do with what they described as terr... activities! my case was based on defending women rights and that was it!
Please help!

Your inputs would be greatly appreciated!

Hi everyone
I am new here and I am glad that I found this place. Well I am pretty much in the same situation except that I was unlucky enough to be in the first batch of people received denial notice to the I485... I had to file Motion to reopen and my case was placed on hold. so I don't know what to do now. I am losing patience and I have tried anything suggested to speed up the process. My activity has nothing to do with what they described as terr... activities! my case was based on defending women rights and that was it!
Please help!

Your inputs would be greatly appreciated!

what year it was denied and then placed on hold ?

It was denied on feb.14 2008. that was my birthday :( how brutal is that??? and my motion to reopen was accepted on April 08 and the case was placed on hold since then:mad:

I have contacted the senator, the congressman, the governor and non of them helped!

ooooops...it looks like this isn't my first time around here:confused: and I have registered for a second account unintentionally! :eek:sorry everyone! I will remove one of them but how in the world to do that?

USCIS informed me today about my case(I-485)
Service center sent my application to the designated field office

"..This case has been sent to our....Asylum office...location for processing because they now have jurisdiction over the case. We sent you a notice of this transfer"

What does this mean? is there something to worry about ?

USCIS informed me today about my case(I-485)
Service center sent my application to the designated field office

"..This case has been sent to our....Asylum office...location for processing because they now have jurisdiction over the case. We sent you a notice of this transfer"

What does this mean? is there something to worry about ?

Does the asylum office also adjudicate I-485 for asylees?

they let me stay here, so i am thankful to them. But they are processing my case in weird way, so I am nervous.
May be they want to take interview for GC. I am confused abt the term they used" because field office have jurisdiction now" !!!!!!

they let me stay here, so i am thankful to them. But they are processing my case in weird way, so I am nervous.
May be they want to take interview for GC. I am confused abt the term they used" because field office have jurisdiction now" !!!!!!

Maybe this is an indication of the DHS giving you a green light? Now that your local field office has jurisdiction, the outcome is likely to favor you more than anything else.

How did you get that message anyways? Did they send you a mail?

This means you will have an interview at the designated field office. This is a good opportunity for you to explain that you are not a bad guy at all. My friend was in the same situation and got his AOS welcome letter two weeks after the interview at the field office.

Can you please let us know how you got this mail? Did you opened SR(service request)? or did u call USCIS?

My case is also pending at NSC for about 11 month.I don't know what is holding them so long while their processing time is only 4 month :

Best of LUCK!!

-I called them for service request.
-waited for more than a month.
-contacted congress member.
-received a letter from congress member after few weeks. attached was a letter from uscis mentioning "inadmissibility bar".
-thought useless arguing with them anyway....
-received email on 15th July 09 from USCIS saying (i-485 application) has been sent to filed office, and they have jurisdiction now.