Finally I received it !

God_is_Green

Registered Users (C)
my I-485 was pending since 2008. wrote letter to congressman, and they forwarded it to USCIS, and now I received letter stating that my case is in hold, due to.....inadmissibility bar.!! I am ready to wait, whatever time it takes......no big regret...overall I am safe here...

In the mean time can I travel outside US for a while (may be for a month). How likely am I to get blocked on my way back at port of entry ?

when persecutor tortured me ..they took my cell phone and visiting cards. I mentioned that in my applicaiton (I shouldnot have mention it). when i filed for my case i didnt know abt material bar.
??
I am planning to visit japan not COP.....

I mentioned that in my applicaiton (I shouldnot have mention it)

No, you should, and never regret about telling the truth... :)

about the travel to Japan... I'm not sure about it but isn't there any clue about your travel status in the bar letter?

not at all.....

all it says is application is on hold until further notice from homeland ...instead denying. Its the same format which everyone receives.

well, asylees holding GC are getting secondary inspection... so how about travelling with Inadmissible status? or they might consider that you have revoked the I-485....:eek:

still not sure but I wouldn't travel if I were in your shoes...:cool:

hope you get a better answer:)

not at all.....

all it says is application is on hold until further notice from homeland ...instead denying. Its the same format which everyone receives.

GO back to your asylum case and read it and find what did trigger the bar and then do a Writ of Mandamus and they have to adjust your case in 60 days, and these days they cant deny your case like before even tier I or II martial support have waivers now .

Last edited by a moderator:
I've mentioned above, they took away my cell phone while they tortured me..I didn't give them.......they took it my taking me hostage.....I am pretty sure ....that is the point that triggered...the impressionability bar....
what next?

I've mentioned above, they took away my cell phone while they tortured me..I didn't give them.......they took it my taking me hostage.....I am pretty sure ....that is the point that triggered...the impressionability bar....
what next?

Who are they that's the Question, even if they took it it will still trigger the bar ......... and they wont issue you an RTD based on the Bar

Who are they that's the Question, even if they took it it will still trigger the bar ......... and they wont issue you an RTD based on the Bar

attorneys out there! is that right?

You cant leave the US cause your inadmissible for the visa and to enter back ...

I've been reading this forum for a while and I came across this inadmissible or bar question quite a few times and it made me wonder If I also fall under the same category.

I have applied for my I-485 back in 2008 FEB. Application is still pending received a finger print notice and nothing after that. Now how would I know If my case is pending merely on the basis of background check or it could be similar to what koteya mentioned. I also went to the Federal building to follow up on my case and they told me its still in a background check.

Secondly, If you were prosecuted by the goverment officials or the political party in your COP does that automatically put your case in this category?

As I am planning my trip next month I will really appreciate your suggestions and advices koteya, thankful etc. I have already received my RTD few months back and I want to make sure If it will be safe for me to travel abroad. Thankyou very much and best of luck to everyone !

I've been reading this forum for a while and I came across this inadmissible or bar question quite a few times and it made me wonder If I also fall under the same category.

I have applied for my I-485 back in 2008 FEB. Application is still pending received a finger print notice and nothing after that. Now how would I know If my case is pending merely on the basis of background check or it could be similar to what koteya mentioned. I also went to the Federal building to follow up on my case and they told me its still in a background check.

Secondly, If you were prosecuted by the goverment officials or the political party in your COP does that automatically put your case in this category?

As I am planning my trip next month I will really appreciate your suggestions and advices koteya, thankful etc. I have already received my RTD few months back and I want to make sure If it will be safe for me to travel abroad. Thankyou very much and best of luck to everyone !

If they sent you an RTD your good, call the 800 number and file a service request they will respond to the status on your case.