Finally Approved!!! :)))

Congrates who are aproved!

Hi ya all,
I have been interewied on 11th Aug 2005 and my PD is 14th march 2001 which is updated. They had an issue about my birth certificate which is provied them, BUT last time I went there on 1st of Dec 2005 they said now my file is one check and they have to check with several agencies blah blah. which is I guess name check.
I have few questions about my case if anybuddy can help me out here.

1- I am working at the same store where my labour filed and my employer is giving me hard time now I thought I would get my greencard when my PD updated but unfortunetly didnt because of the name check. Can I switch the job if my employer is agree on it?

2- If not then what if he close the store? I still have to live in the same city till I get my GCARD.

3- Can I change my address because I want to move south carolina to texas.

ANY HELP WOULD BE HIGHLY APPRECITED.

CASE EB3.
PD 14 MARCH 2003
INTERWIED 11TH OF AUGEST 2005
I140/1485 NOT APROVED YET BECAUE OF THE NAME CHECK.

INS SUCKS!

I am by no means an expert in this. But I understand that yes you can indeed switch job using what's called the AC21 Act. I assume you have an EAD. so just use that, get a new job, and follow the AC21 procedures. Do some online research and it tells you how to do it. You can also move according to this I believe. To be sure how to report this to the USCIS, perhaps consult a lawyer to get it done right. Below link is a good place to start.
http://www.murthy.com/print/UDportis_P.html

Thanks bjorn

I will contact with my lawyer and discuss this matter with him. Do you know how long it usualy takes for the name check to be done?

That all depends. If you name gets a "hit" meaning that it matches a name in the FBI crime database, the name check has to continue manually, which can take 1-2 years in the worst-case scanarios. If your name gets no hit (no matches in the database), it takes about 5 days to clear the automatic name check process.

WhyThisDelay said:
I went today to Seattle's ASC (it is in Tukwilla) which also doubles up as USCIS distt. office @1:30 pm.

It seemed pretty empty. I just saw one other person like me. But my request for walkin FP/bio was turned down. The officer there said that they dont allow any walkins. Then I tried asking him if they could generate/issue an FP notice, since it is dist. office too, but they officer there said that the notice can only be generated by NSC and I should call their 800 no. for this.

Didnt know what else to try, so I walked away.

I can try going to rural Yakima (3 hrs drive from Seattle), but what's the use if I get turned down there too??

Gurus, any other ideas, suggestions in my case?

I was turned down by Seattle twice, but in my case the place was full. It seemed that they were willing to do my fingerprints if they weren't too busy.

My wife's FP notice was also late like yours. I called NSC and I was told that there is nothing to do except wait. On the same day my wife had an LUD and her fingerprint notice was issued the next day. I can't say for sure that my phone call is what made the difference, but why don't you try to call anyway.

EAD approved

EAD approved for my wife and son
TSC
EB2 World / Sw Eng
PERM:
PD: 09/20/05 -- AD: 09/29/05

I-140:
RD: 11/17/05 -- LUD:11/18/05 --AD: 12/12/05 :) :)

I-485 Self, Spouse, Child
RD: 11/17/05 -- LUD:11/18/05 -- AD: XX/XX/XX :confused: :confused:

I-765 Spouse, Child
RD: 11/17/05 -- LUD:01/02/06 -- AD: 12/29/05 :) :)
Card not received yet

Hi Please help

I fild for concurrent
I140/I485/EAD/AP on 01/03/2006

How long it should take to get my green card. Its a EB2 case and green card will be charged for Gulf Countries.

Also can somebody tell me what is LUD and when it changes what does it signifies.

Thank you in advance.

Whyallthis

Code 1 = 10 finger fingerprints, Code 2 = biometrics (index finger fingerprint, signature, and photo), Code 3 = Code 1 + Code 2 at the same time. Once your FBI name check and fingerprints are cleared, the I-485 approval rate for current EB-2 cases is 2-4 months based on recent approvals of participants of this forum, including myself.

anoosa

The senator's office was actually the ones that informed me that my name check had just been cleared a couple of days earlier. Without that information, I would not have known.

Bjorne,

Sorry for bothering you with all these questoin but "few days ago" was how far from the time u subbmitted your I-485?..... I'm freeking out here because they told me today at an infopass appointment that my husband's name check was cleared but mine is not yet......... I understand from the postings on this forum that name check is either cleared within one week or u have to waite in line with all the people that have been waiting for ever :(

anoosa
I contacted my US senators about 2 weeks following my I-485 filings - pretty much immediately. Then it took about 4 weeks to get responses. My main concern that I brought up at that time was the name check clearance issue. When I received e-mails and phone calls back from both senators' offices (in addition from one of my US Congressmen's office) telling me my and my wife's names had cleard he FBI name check, they also told me that they would check on my case with the USCIS on a regular basis and for me to just e-mail them (I got their direct e-mails and phone numbers) when I felt I needed them to call the USCIS. So I did. I contated them several times during October through December, and they called the USCIS the very same day and got back to me with the latest on my case. They also contacted the USCIS without reminders and then just called or e-mailed me to let me know the latest.

Yes, the automatic FBI namecheck takes about 5 days. If you are not cleared by then, the FBI may have to check your name manually, which can take months to years. A US Senator can definitely expedite this process by placing calls to the FBI and request that your name needs to be expedited. US Senators are very powerful because they greatly influence how much federal money agencies like the USCIS and FBI will receive, co of course when Senators ask them to do something, agencies like the USCIS and FBI will respond very quickly to look their best.

anoosa

Just an FYI, I also e-mailed my state Governor for help, and the Governor actually sent me a written letter back that he also sent directly to one US Senator. The letter said that immigration cases are indeed a federal matter so the Governor cannot help me with it, but that he the Governor has contacted one of my US Semators and requested that US senator to assist me in this federal matter.

Obviously, this is not the norm. I was extremely lucky. But I also live in a small state with very little employment immigration and I work in the public sector in a federally and state recognized field of "national interest," so I think these factors played to my favor.

In addition, my state is considered (based on state laws, policies, and new initiatives) to be one of the most compassionate and people-oriented/friendly in the US where the constituents have great direct access to all levels of government and its representatives, so me receiving all this help really was not a complete shock to me, because lawmakers in my state take pride in helping residents on an individual, personal level when reqested, whether the residents are citizens or not. I think immigrants in large states with lots of immigrants like California, Texas, and Florida may not receive the same treatment.

Bjorn

When do you have to do fingerprint Code1, Code2 or Code3 is it true that when you do code3 you are at the last stage of your approval.

Well i wrote to expedite requests to FBI and TSC and the president of my company will sign them and send them out today... lets c...

Thanks Bjorn, few more questions & Thanks in Advance

Hey Bjorn

Still I don't know what is LUD and AOS and what is the significance of it changing LUD.

Second, is it possible that when you go for first time FP and biometrics (Do they call at same time), to get Passport stamped with Green Card
Or After first FP and biometrics we need to wait for FBI name clearance and then again for interview with officer and then you get passport stamped with green Card and then Plastic card comes.

If I have put it write, on an average how long it takes to get green card? Probably I want somebody to tell me the detail chain of events occur after applying for I 140/ I 485.
Everybody please I will really appreciate your inputs.

Ziri

Fingerprints are done when you receive a fingerprint notice letter from the USCIS. Read the letter and follow the instructions. The letter may ask for either Code 1, Code 2, or Code 3. Hopefully you get a Code 3 letter. If you get a Code 3 letter, it means that your fingerprints will be checked with the FBI database and that your biometrics will be done. Based on my experience and reading others experiences on this forum, an approval, assuming the PD is current, is a a few weeks away following the Code 3 appointment, if no RFE is issued, which slows everything down a few weeks. Also, everything depends if your FBI name check is completed, as well. If not, that must be done prior to approval.

Whyallthis

LUD = Last Update (it means that the USCIS has done some kind of work on your case but they may not have indicated exactly what has been done through a status change. AOS = Adjustment of Status, which means the I-485 application and its approval process. Fingerprints and biometrics are completely different from passposrt stamp. You can get a passport stamp (I-551) following yor I-485 approval. The passport stamp is a tyemporary Green Card until you receive the actual plastic Green Card. However, lots of peopl elike myself got the plastic Green cards within 5 days of the approval, so we never bothered to get the temporary Green Card in the form of a passport stamp. There is no "average" for green card approval. It all depends on your indivudual case such as if you are affceted by retrogression, your FBI name check process, RFEs issued, etc. etc. The best case scenario like what happened to me, fromhe time I filed the I-140 and I-485 to the time I received the plastic Green Card in the mail, it took 4 months. Others have reported as fast as 3 months. However, people stuck in the FBI name check process and retrogression may have to wait 4-5 years, even more. It all depends on your individual case. An interview with an officer is often not done, but sometimes. Agani, it all depends.

Everybody please help to understand this, thanks Bjorn

I really appreciate your prompt reply. Thanks a lot.

Today I visitied USCIS website. They show processing time [/B] for I 485

District Office : Which is one and half year behind from today.

Texas Service center: Which is just 6 months behind todays date.

Now guys help me out and tell me how this affects my case

As per my knowledge our I 485 goes to Federal office so in my case Texas Service center. But when does it comes to District Office? Or it does not have to come to District office? What does district office plays role in this whole approval thing?
and if I consider that it goes to both offices then, is it fixed that it will deffineitely will take more than 2 years time (One and Half for District + 6 months for TSC).
Hey gues please reply, its very important for me.
Thanks to your replies in advance.

Whyallthis

Don't even look at the I-485 processing dates on the USCIS website. They are completely off and misleading. The USCIS processes current cases much faster than the dates show. The same goes for the I-140, EAD, and AP as well. If your cases are filed properly and your PD is curent, expect approvals significantly sooner than the dates indicate on the USCIS website. The VSC seems to pocess I-140s within 1 month of filing, EAD and AP within 2-3 weeks of filing, and I-485 within 3-4 months of filing, at least tha's what people are reporting as experiences on this forum, including my experiences. Just as an FYI, the common thread for these fast approvals seems to be the PDs are current (no retrogression) and they never go to a district office.

Your personal case may not even go to a district office. I don't know what cases do and what cases don't, but many cases get approved while at one of the 4 federal offices without ever going to a district office. If your case goes to a district office, it will take longer to approve, obviously, than the timelines I outlined above.