Finally Approved!!! :)))

I read a while ago on this forum that some people went to these interviews, and it was just a matter of answering some basic questions. It were questions about stuff they already had filed information about that the officer double checked on. So, if you know that all you filed is true information and you don't get caught up in any lies, it's just a matter of formality and as simple as could be. Following the interview, the officer told them they were approved on the spot, apparently.

bjorn said:
My spouse just got approved, too!!! Now we are all set. just waiting for the cards.
Congrats...expect your cards in one week...our arrived one day before the approval notices :) :) :)

I read in the attached doc. that there are some conditions to waive the interview requirment... if its waived then u wount need to be transferred... check it out Mr. Green may be u will find the reason why ur case was transferred..

annoosa said:
I read in the attached doc. that there are some conditions to waive the interview requirment... if its waived then u wount need to be transferred... check it out Mr. Green may be u will find the reason why ur case was transferred..

Hi annoosa;

when did you get the FP appointment?
my timeline is very close to yours.

I-140/485 ND 11/18/05
I-140 AD 12/12/05
I-485 RFE received on 12/20/05
No I-131/765 either
andy

I did not get any letter... i went to the ASC close to my home twice over 2 weeks and they turned me down... so a very nice person on this forum told me that he got his FP in a another center 1 hour from were i live walk-in... I went today at 8:00 am and we were the only ones there... they told us "we are not supposed to do it without the invitation but we will, since it has been a month and half" they were very very nice... to the contrary of the other ASC i used to go to...

That was my story with FP....

Gc

bjorn said:
Case details:
PD: 11/13/2003
Category: EB-2
Service Center: Vermont
Filing Date (I-140, I-485, EAD, AP): 8/31/2005
RD for all: 9/12/2005
I-140 AD: 9/14/2005
EAD AD: 9/21/2005
AP AD: 9/23/2005
Biometrics: 10/4/2005
FP: 10/11/2005
I-485 AD: 12/27/2005

Sweden backloged time frame for this month is 15MAR01. This mean that you got aproved, but has no GC available for you, since your PD: 11.13.2003.
what about the interview? Did you have one?

Last edited by a moderator:
VSC is the winner amongst all centers

Seems like VSC is on a roll. They are approving 485 cases with ND of sept 2005 (of course for world-wide folks :D ). Officially they are processing 12/2004.

I hope NSC also starts working on sept 2005 cases (officially they are processing 485 with RD of 4/2004).

annoosa said:

Thanks for the info Anoosa! I don't think anyone can predict the reason of the transfer. Now I remember the last time I talked to my lawyer he mentioned that he would go with me and my wife to the interview if we would like him to do that!!! That was two months before the transfer notice :confused: I just ignored what he said because I thought most cases don't require an interview and I thought he was just trying to make me feel like I still need him!

Could it be that it is a Seattle thing that an interview is usually required for people living in its jurisdection? I don't know the answer to this question!!

Anyone in the Seattle area get approved without an interview? Were you married? Please post your details!!

jhawilla
I have no idea where you got the backlogged timefram from. Where did you see that? Sweden virtually has no US immigration, so I seriously doubt that there will ever be a shortage of visa availability for Swedes and that there is a 9 month long backlog for Swedes. However, both my wife and I have received the status update that a card has been ordered and will be mailed when ready. I have to assume that it means that a card is available, and that generally means that the card will appear in your mailbox within a week. Also, if a visa is available through the actual I-485 aprovals, a card is available, too, reasonable, as you count toward the visa availability while the card only represents, or symbolizes that visa availability. No interview for me, by the way.

jhawilla.

See the category. He applied in EB2 and there is no retrogression for worldwide EB2 category.

jhawilla said:
Sweden backloged time frame for this month is 15MAR05. This mean that you got aproved, but has no GC available for you, since your PD: 11.13.2003.
what about the interview? Did you have one?

Congratulations, Bjorn! Questions on FP...

Your story gives me hope that USCIS is getting more efficient. Congratulations on reaching the finish line!

If you don't mind, I have three questions related to fingerprinting/biometrics/name check that you might be able to answer. Any light that you might be able to shed would be highly appreciated. My I-140 was approved on December 19, 2005 and the case background is below:
1. Per the I-797 instructions for my I-485, I got my biometrics (photo/index finger print/signature) done at Boston ASC on 09/24/05 but never saw any LUD to this effect.
2. Upon calling VSC up today, I was informed that my name check is complete, they have my biometrics but that my FBI clearance had not been initiated yet.
3. Moreover, I was told that the FBI clearance will be initiated only after the FBI gets copies of all ten of my fingerprints and that I should wait for VSC to send out a letter instructing me on getting these ten fingerprints (presumably Code 1).
4. I am from Thailand - a non-retrogressed country.

Questions:
1. Should I wait for the letter from VSC or should I just walk-in to the Boston ASC (10 minutes from my office) and try and get the Code 1 prints done? The ND for my I-485 is September 6. 2005 (nearly four months now).
2. Will the prints go directly from the Boston ASC to the FBI or will VSC forward the prints to FBI? Essentially, what is the best way to track the status of FBI clearance?
3. Do you think what VSC customer service rep told me makes sense, i.e., name check is done but FBI clearance is yet to be initiated?

Many thanks and enjoy your freedom.

gretzky

1. Should I wait for the letter from VSC or should I just walk-in to the Boston ASC (10 minutes from my office) and try and get the Code 1 prints done? The ND for my I-485 is September 6. 2005 (nearly four months now).

A: Technically you should wait. At least that's the official procedure. However, If the ASC is not very busy, they allow walk-ins if you show up with the original I-485 receipt notice. Try going to a less crowded one, perhaps in a rural state. If the ASC is crowded like perhaps in Boston, yo may get turned away. I would recommend going to the Vermont (St. Albans) ASC. I also heard that the ASC in Manchester, NH is less busy and allows walk-ins with short wait times. In St. Albans, they are always empty and even encourage walk-ins from other states to get more "business," at least that's what they told me when I went there for a walk-in and spoke with them about them having so few "customers." It's only a 4 hour drive from Boston, but definitely you will get in the very same day. Wait time is less than 30 minutes. I went there twice and the place was deserted, and that was pretty much the norm the lady at the St. Albans ASC told me. I strongly recommend travelling to the ASC in Vermont. If so, mid-week is best, Tursday or Wednesday. Take a day off and give it a shot. Unless they have completely changed since October up in St. Albans, you will get in, do the FPs, and get back on the road in less than 30 minutes.

2. Will the prints go directly from the Boston ASC to the FBI or will VSC forward the prints to FBI? Essentially, what is the best way to track the status of FBI clearance?

A: According to the ASC person I spoke wih who did my prints, they go directly to the FBI, and then the FBI will notify the VSC when they are cleared, usully within 2-3 days. you cannot track the FP clearance yourself. However, within a week of doing the FP (probably even within 2-3 days), there will be a status update if they cleared. Then you know.

3. Do you think what VSC customer service rep told me makes sense, i.e., name check is done but FBI clearance is yet to be initiated?

A: Correct. Name check is done. Great news. That's the long wait for some people. Also correct, the FP (fingerprints) clearance can only be done when you actually have gone to the ASC and done the 10 FPs, Code 1 in your case). Until then, there are no FPs to clear for the FBI.

Once you get the FP done, since you are not in retrogression, I'm guessing that you will get the I-485 approved within 3 months if no RFE issues. That seems to be the norm at the VCS now, based on several people on this forum, including myself. I experienced extremely fast processing for all my cases (I-140, EAD, AP, and I-485), and I truly mean fast and efficient with no glitches whatsoever.

Thanks again...here's a tale about Boston ASC for anyone who is interested

After reading your (Bjorn's) response, I walked over to the Boston ASC to see if they would be willing to do a Code 1 fingerprinting for me. There were only two customers in a waiting area that holds maybe a hundred - in other words, plenty of spare capacity around.

Just like the first time I was there (for Code 2 biometrics), I bumped into the "Miss Not Possible". She said that I would have to wait for the letter from VSC before they did the Code 1 fingerprinting. However, they would do it without the VSC letter if I were able to get the USCIS District Office to issue a so-called "Fingerprint notice for I-485 - Code 1". This is located at the JFK Federal Building (on New Sudbury Street in Boston), just a few blocks away from the Boston ASC itself. I promptly walked over to the JFK Building, was there at 2:35pm today and was told that this particular office (Information Center, 1st Floor, Room E160) closes at 2:30pm. These bureaucrats have it so difficult!

Anyway, I will go to the District Office tomorrow and see if I can get the "Fingerprint notice". Will post any successful attempt.

I did hear (from my attorney and an ASC person) that on October 1, 2005, the I-485 receipt notices would no longer come with FP instructions. I received mine in September, wo it told me to do the FP, but apparently now they don't anymore, suporting the rule change. Still, go and try what you stated you will try. You have nothing to lose.

My experience at ASC / USCIS dist. office.

I went today to Seattle's ASC (it is in Tukwilla) which also doubles up as USCIS distt. office @1:30 pm.

It seemed pretty empty. I just saw one other person like me. But my request for walkin FP/bio was turned down. The officer there said that they dont allow any walkins. Then I tried asking him if they could generate/issue an FP notice, since it is dist. office too, but they officer there said that the notice can only be generated by NSC and I should call their 800 no. for this.

Didnt know what else to try, so I walked away.

I can try going to rural Yakima (3 hrs drive from Seattle), but what's the use if I get turned down there too??

Gurus, any other ideas, suggestions in my case?

Boston ASC - Part II

1. Went to the Boston District Office today for "Fingerprinting Notice". The office was practically empty. Got the letters (for me and my wife) in 10 minutes. The appointment date was for January 11, 2006. The atmosphere was so festive, these folks a) offered us Godiva chocolates (which we respectfully turned down) and b) offered to check the status of our name check (all clear).

2. Then took the letters to the Boston ASC for actual Code 1 fingerprinting. It was jam-packed but they still accepted walk-ins. The whole process took just over an hour.

3. Now the wait begins again...

WhyThisDelay,

I was turned down by the ASC close to my home twice...... I tried to call the 800 # to make an appointment and they told me they do not make appointments.... so apperently no one knows who is in charge of making these appointments.....I went to another ASC furthure from my home and they did it for me in 15 mins...... so its worth a try if u have a day with nothing to do.......tell them what i told them.. i said that "the 800# told me that they mailed me a notice more than a month a go and i got nothing" so they said we r not supposed to do it but we will....

Anoosa and gretzky

That's great. It seems like there is a great deal of confusion within the USCIS and ASC circels about this. Bottom line seems to be that if the ASC person is a decent person they will let you walk in and get it done. If the person is a jerk, they will not. If there are no problems with your FPs, you should be cleared within 2-3 days and see a status update. Then processing will resume on your cases. From the time of the FPs being cleared to the final approval, my estimate, based on peoples' actual experiences on this forum (including myself) you are looking at 2-3 months, perhaps sooner.

bjorn said:
jhawilla
I have no idea where you got the backlogged timefram from. Where did you see that? Sweden virtually has no US immigration, so I seriously doubt that there will ever be a shortage of visa availability for Swedes and that there is a 9 month long backlog for Swedes. However, both my wife and I have received the status update that a card has been ordered and will be mailed when ready. I have to assume that it means that a card is available, and that generally means that the card will appear in your mailbox within a week. Also, if a visa is available through the actual I-485 aprovals, a card is available, too, reasonable, as you count toward the visa availability while the card only represents, or symbolizes that visa availability. No interview for me, by the way.

I CHECKED BETTER THE LAST VISA BULETIM AND REALIZED THAT, SINCE U R AN EB2 CLASS, U R "CURRENT" AND HAVE GC AVAILABLE. ALSO, IF U GOT THE APROVAL WITHOUT INTERVIEW, THIS IS A GOOD SIGN. IMMIGRATON OFFICERS R MORE SATISFIED WITH THE IDEA THAT NOT EVERY GC SEEKER IS A SUPPOST CRIMINAL TERORIST. THEY WANNA EXPEDITE TOO.
I`M A EB3 APR01 AND JUST GOT TRANSFERED BACKTO VSC AFTER BEEN WAITING FOR 18 MO IN BOSTON FOR AN INTERVIEW...NOW WAITING FOR MY APROVAL SOON.
CONGRATS! HAVE A NICE STAY IN EUROPE AND CAME BACK QUIK `CAUSE LIFE GOES ON.