Finally Approved!!! :)))

bjorn

Registered Users (C)
I finally received an I-485 approval as a case status update. Free at last!!! Spouse still not approved, but I expect that to happen very very soon, too.

Congratulations and Please support still this forum.

bjorn said:
I finally received an I-485 approval as a case status update. Free at last!!! Spouse still not approved, but I expect that to happen very very soon, too.

Hi BJorn,

One of your postings related to Finger Print & Biometrics helps me a lot. Can you still support this forum? I know that you have a lot of good inputs. Conratulations again!!!

With Regards,
PD5469A

I'll probably stay on this forum a few more months. Just like others before me stayed on and shared their experiences through the entire process, which helped me a great deal, I obviously want to do the same to help others.

Case details:
PD: 11/13/2003
Category: EB-2
Service Center: Vermont
Filing Date (I-140, I-485, EAD, AP): 8/31/2005
RD for all: 9/12/2005
I-140 AD: 9/14/2005
EAD AD: 9/21/2005
AP AD: 9/23/2005
Biometrics: 10/4/2005
FP: 10/11/2005
I-485 AD: 12/27/2005

Bjorn:

congrats! Looks like it turned out like we expected...multiple LUDs, nothing then APPROVAL!

C O N G R A T S ! ! ! :D :D :D

anxious_one

It look like our LUDs and the approval came after about 2 weeks. I guess that's how long it takes for the supervisore to get to the case once it has been preliminary aproved by the adjudications officer. Thanks for all your support and encouragement throughout this process. It has been nothing but a pleasure to get to "know" you.

Question for bjorn,

my case;

I 140/485/EAD/AP : ND 9/14/05
EAD/AP approved

140 : waiting for approval, I got three/four LUDs and last one was 12/02/05
as per your experience, when should I expect approval. Is there any
chance of RFE in my case( I have four LUDs and last one is 12/02/05)

I485 : FP done on 10/6/05, next day LUD, After one week LUD for "Finger print results recieved and processing started on your case, Another LUD after two weeks, Another one and Last LUD on 11/7/05. Does it mean that my name check was completed? How should we know that name check is done?

Your reply would be highly appreciated.

QUOTE=bjorn]anxious_one

It look like our LUDs and the approval came after about 2 weeks. I guess that's how long it takes for the supervisore to get to the case once it has been preliminary aproved by the adjudications officer. Thanks for all your support and encouragement throughout this process. It has been nothing but a pleasure to get to "know" you.[/QUOTE]

bjorn said:
Case details:

Wow, your case is beatiful... I-140 in two weeks, green card in 4 month after filing the I-485. That is nice... Of course, you could look at it from RD point, then I-140 in two days??? Beat that!...

What makes this even better, I was the beneficiary of a labor substitution that I did not even know about until June of this year. So, 6 months ago, I was expecting to start the recruitment for PERM, and then out of the blue the labor sub., fast filings, extremely fast approvals. What more can one ask for??? My experiences with the USCIS have been nothing but great.

khodalmd
I don't know why you had so many I-140 LUDs. I had none, just an approval. All those LUDs could indicate that an RFE is on the way, but that should be reflected in a status change. Generally, I-140s see perhaps 1 LUD and then approval. It took my spouse 2-3 weeks from one I-485 LUD to the actual RFE status update, so I would not be surpeised if you will see an I-140 RFE status update very soon. Keep in mind, once the offices issues an RFE, your case is sent to the clerical office which takes care of the work for the RFE. That's why it takes 2-3 weeks for the RFE to reach you and for the status to change. As far as name checks, that is something that is not a status update. Call the USCIS hotline and they can tell you "yes" or "no." It seems like the status update that the FPs are cleared also indicate that the name check is cleared. That is not true in all cases, but in most cases. As far as the I-485, all those LUDs often means that your case is preliminary processed. It could also be an RFE on the way. Since there is no I-140 approval yet, they cannot approve the I-485. My guess is that (assuming your PD is current), once you get your I-140 approval, you will get the I-485 approval very quickly.

With all the LUDs, look at it from side perspective: your I-140 and I-485 are currently being processed and see a lot of action, meaning that there is actually someone paying your cases lots of attention. That's good news.

I also just learned that my spouse's case is with the same adjudications offices that approved my case and my spouse will be approved within 10 days. This was told to me this morning by a US Senator's office staff member that has called the USCIS on my behalf on a bi-weekly basis to get the latest information about our cases since I filed my application.

bjorn said:
Case details:

This very impressive especialy considering the fact that this is a sub labor, so you only had to wait less than 4 months! Your case is definitley an exception to the rule. People like me and many others have waited for more like 4 years and still waiting :D

It is very refreshing to see a good story like yours. Hopefully we will see many more like it!

Congratulations again!

You know, with PERM and if you have a current PD, I expect to see people starting to to clear PERM and get their GC within 6 a month timeframe. It looks like the USCIS is becoming pretty efficient - again assuming the PD is current, just as the DOL sped things up drastically with PERM. With PERM and faster USCIS approvals, my case will not be an exception much longer.

bjorn said:
anxious_one

It look like our LUDs and the approval came after about 2 weeks. I guess that's how long it takes for the supervisore to get to the case once it has been preliminary aproved by the adjudications officer. Thanks for all your support and encouragement throughout this process. It has been nothing but a pleasure to get to "know" you.

This is great news....for me, God has blessed me via USCIS :) Now, I am not short of job offers from various sources, and my boss is trying to renegotiate now that I can walk! Meanwhile, he was stressing me out when I didnt have much of an option. Believe me, I sleep much better at night as compared to 2 months ago when I was really concerned about my dependent wife and little baby!

bjorn said:
IMHO this is an answer. People from Sweden are not considered as potential terrorists (cf. middle east countries) or potential spies (cf. Russia, China). For this reason, your security checks were very fast and you got GC in several months. Any way congratulation, Bjorn. Northing personal. :)

bjorn said:
You know, with PERM and if you have a current PD, I expect to see people starting to to clear PERM and get their GC within 6 a month timeframe. It looks like the USCIS is becoming pretty efficient - again assuming the PD is current, just as the DOL sped things up drastically with PERM. With PERM and faster USCIS approvals, my case will not be an exception much longer.

I hope you are right! My PD is current, so let's wait and see what happens with me. I sent my I-485 application almost 5 months ago, and look what happened! They transfered my case to the local office, which I can't understand why. I applied for my own labor and I've been with the same (H1B/I-140/I-485) employer for almost 7 years!

I've waited for 3 1/2 years so what's a couple more years between friends :D

hang in there, Mr Green and co...we shall overcome.

My timeline was:

140/485 concurrent NIW VSC:
ND - 09/13/05
140 AD - 10/13/05
485 AD - 11/11/05
GC Plastic card received - 17/11/05 (self and spouse)

Mr. Green said:
I hope you are right! My PD is current, so let's wait and see what happens with me. I sent my I-485 application almost 5 months ago, and look what happened! They transfered my case to the local office, which I can't understand why. I applied for my own labor and I've been with the same (H1B/I-140/I-485) employer for almost 7 years!

I've waited for 3 1/2 years so what's a couple more years between friends :D

99% they transfer cases to local office to have interview. If that would not happen you would hold a plastic card by now.
Start preparing man, originals, questions and so on. Good luck!

merovingian said:
99% they transfer cases to local office to have interview. If that would not happen you would hold a plastic card by now.
Start preparing man, originals, questions and so on. Good luck!

I'm 99% sure you are right :D There is two possible scenarios:

Optimistic Scenario: NSC is currently processing cases with RD April 2004. My RD is August 2005, so they sent my application to the local office to be approved there! Yeah right :D I think I'm pipe dreaming here because my I-140 was approved when NSC was showing that they were processing cases with an RD 6 months earlier than my case! I'm still going to dream though :D

Pessimistic Scenario: NSC wants to interview me about something which is more than fine by me! I have nothing to hide or worry about, so I hope it happens soon if it were to happen!