*****Final Briefs in Class Certification *****

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rajivji Thanks a lot for your struggle on our behalf!!

I guess this whole thing about satellite/sham offices is a smokescreen used by USCIS to blur their delay in 485 applications.

If the DOL didn't do their jobs properly by approving LCs from satellite offices, they need to be fired(Atleast thats' what happens in for Profit organizations which I think USCIS/DOL are)

The bottom line is that CSC is processing Nov 2003 while the other SC's are processing 2002 cases. Why is this discrepency?
If CSC can do its job properly, why not the other 3 SCs?
That's the question which needs to be answered by USCIS

njguy007 said:
The bottom line is that CSC is processing Nov 2003 while the other SC's are processing 2002 cases. Why is this discrepency?
They will answer that there is a pilot project in CSC and they need time to evaluate the results. And then, may be, all other centers would do the same.
:mad:

Class certification supplementary brief

Dear Rajiv:

I read your brief several times - one thing at the outset, I wasn't a person till now who believed too much in social work or the like, but believe you me, looking at the effort you have/are putting in, I'm about to change my mind. Good work, may GOD bless you!!

On a different note, where can I find the exhibits that you mentioned in your brief? I was particularly interested in Exhibit L that you have mentioned on page11.

Thanks for everything, I mean it.

Regards
Kashish

operations said:
:) I would be a disaster in politics. I am just a small town peasant, guys.

But as we as a communitygain more social awareness, I hope that would eventually translate into political participation from all of us. Not necessarily as candidates, but certainly as active, aware people.

I thank you all for your encourgaement. If we win the class, it would be a great victory for all of us, if we do not, it is a victiory, nonetheless. We are better prepared to come together as a group for any future action. So there is no loss here.

Take care all.

Thanks Rajiv for your selfless effort..

You rightly said that the "immigrant" community should be more active and aware. What I mostly observe is that the immigration community suffers from "fear". This kind of efforts from you greatly helps in reducing this "fear".
I personally believe that the recent improvement in processing dates is because of the litigation. The situation changed from complete "bleak" last December to "optimism" this October.
Hope this will continue and hope we will not face another lack of "sensitivity".

thanks,

njguy

you are right, this needs to be stressed again and again that why are other service centers lagging so far behind compared to CSC? It is unrealistic and unacceptable.

it maens...

hrithikroshan11 said:
What does exhibit L (prima facie) mean?

Prima Facie:
At first sight; before closer inspection: They had, prima facie, a legitimate complaint.

adj.
True, authentic, or adequate at first sight; ostensible: prima facie credibility.
Evident without proof or reasoning; obvious: a prima facie violation of the treaty.

why Nebraska is not functioning???

Rajiv,

Are they waiting to see the court decision. Do you know anything about NSC why stoped processing I485s. Seems like they got so slow this month.

Just wondering if you can think of any possible outcome from the court decision.

thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
The focus is on getting GC fast for immigrants in California. It is the home state of a future president who happens to be an immigrant.

Does Vermont, Nebraska or Texas boast of such qualifications?

It is the home state of a future president who happens to be an immigrant

come on not untill constituion is amended.. and why make up these unnecessary theories..

Did u not hear the news? Amendment of constitution is on the cards. It will be definitely be passed in the senate & house. The only question is whether it will be passed in 75% of the states.

I can't belive how the republicans will project HIM as future president. Must taken advice from Laloo.

-novis

novis said:
Did u not hear the news? Amendment of constitution is on the cards. It will be definitely be passed in the senate & house. The only question is whether it will be passed in 75% of the states.
-novis

it is not done untill IT IS DONE

btw i heard the news. ppl like kissinger (who is also not an US born Citizen) weighed in too

Stop your whining... you sound like a broken record making the same point about California processing speed for every argument. Wasn't the lawsuit for a faster/efficient processing? Now that some service center is actually processing, you want to stop it from working (typical mentality). If you are so confident that Californians have an unfair advantange, why dont you move to California and start your GC process again? You probably will wait around 3 years just to get your labor ceritifed - and mind you that is RIR which takes around 3 years, not regular processing. I hope you dont grumble about that.

GMG
hrithikroshan11 said:
The focus is on getting GC fast for immigrants in California. It is the home state of a future president who happens to be an immigrant.

Does Vermont, Nebraska or Texas boast of such qualifications?

No constitutional amendment is on the cards, it is only a media frenzy (just like people who believe Saddam had to do something with 9/11)

GMG
novis said:

I can't belive how the republicans will project HIM as future president. Must taken advice from Laloo.

-novis

http://sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2004/10/14/MNGBU99B1B1.DTL

Class-action granted for green card delays
Thousands eligible to join challenge on U.S. foot-dragging
Bob Egelko, Chronicle Staff Writer

Thursday, October 14, 2004

Printable Version
Email This Article

A federal judge in San Francisco has granted nationwide class-action status to a lawsuit accusing immigration officials of stalling paperwork for legal U.S. residents, causing delays that can keep them out of the workforce and prevent them from traveling abroad.

U.S. District Judge Marilyn Hall Patel's order, issued Tuesday, allows the suit to proceed on behalf of thousands of immigrants as a challenge to the government's practice, said Michelle Rhyu, a lawyer for the plaintiffs.

The suit, filed in July, accuses a branch of the Department of Homeland Security of systematically holding up the processing of green cards after legal residence is granted. The documents make immigrants eligible to hold jobs, obtain driver's licenses and Social Security cards, and re-enter the United States if they leave.

Green cards formerly were issued in a few months but now take much longer, sometimes a year or more, the suit alleges. Patel said the government had cited the need to conduct background checks on each immigrant.

The suit seeks a court order requiring officials to issue evidence of legal residence "in a timely manner.'' Rhyu said the plaintiffs also want the judge to require immediate issuance of a temporary document while the permanent one is being processed.

Since the lawsuit was filed, seven of the 10 named plaintiffs were given green cards -- after waits of 10 to 20 months -- and the other three were given dates for the start of final processing of their documents.

The government argued that those developments made the case moot, or at least inappropriate for class-action status, but Patel disagreed. She noted that the remaining three applications are still pending, that six additional plaintiffs are seeking to join the suit and that the practices challenged in the lawsuit remain in effect.

E-mail Bob Egelko at begelko@sfchronicle.com.

GivMeGreen said:
Stop your whining... you sound like a broken record making the same point about California processing speed for every argument. Wasn't the lawsuit for a faster/efficient processing? Now that some service center is actually processing, you want to stop it from working (typical mentality). If you are so confident that Californians have an unfair advantange, why dont you move to California and start your GC process again? You probably will wait around 3 years just to get your labor ceritifed - and mind you that is RIR which takes around 3 years, not regular processing. I hope you dont grumble about that.

GMG
It is not that East coast is a bed of roses. I did Labor from NJ and it took 2.5 years on RIR? Now I am screwed on 485 also as I am from VSC.

Hope VSC also speeds up CSC or USCIS can make CSC share the worklod of the other SCs.

Guys I think aycy has posted an interesting article. I think we should try to find out which District Court has this case.

Status
Not open for further replies.