Filing for naturalization after almost 10 years

You only count the days for which you spent the entire day/night outside the United States - hence the full 24 hour rule. So your departure date counts as being away - regardless of when you left - because obviously you would spend the next 24 hours out of the US. But your arrival date does not count towards the absence. For example, a day trip to Canada should not be listed.

The guide states:
"Write the number of trips you have taken outside the United States during the last five (or three) years. Count every trip that lasted 24 hours or longer."

Thanks for your clarification on this matter, I appreciate it!

I've been a Permanent Resident since 1999, got married to an American citizen in 2001 (when I'm already a Permanent Resident). My question is, do I file based on 5 years being an immigrant or based on 3 years of marriage? Someone please explain it to me. My green card is expiring by the end of this year. Thank you.

Additional question, since I've been a Permanent Resident for almost 10 years now, can I apply for citizenship anytime as long as I meet all the requirements?

Another question, sorry if this is getting longer but I have no one to ask at home or amongst my friends they do not know anything about naturalization application and I'm so greatful for everyone anwering my queries. Here it is, on the Application for Naturalization Form Part 9

A. INFORMATION ABOUT YOUR CHILDREN (I don't have my own kids only stepchildren, my husband's children in previous marriage) I listed the total number.

B. On this portion, do I have to provide the information about my stepchildren?

Did you adopt them ? Because otherwise they are not legally your children.- :)

Another question, sorry if this is getting longer but I have no one to ask at home or amongst my friends they do not know anything about naturalization application and I'm so greatful for everyone anwering my queries. Here it is, on the Application for Naturalization Form Part 9

A. INFORMATION ABOUT YOUR CHILDREN (I don't have my own kids only stepchildren, my husband's children in previous marriage) I listed the total number.

B. On this portion, do I have to provide the information about my stepchildren?

No I didn't adopt them but I don't see anywhere that you only list down those that you adopted???

They are your children, if you are their mother or father.

If you did not adopt them legally, your husband is the father, his ex-wife is the mother. You are not the parent, and they are not your legal children.
If you adopted them, then the ex-wife is no longer the mother, and they are your legal children.

No I didn't adopt them but I don't see anywhere that you only list down those that you adopted???

Therefore if you do not have any children of your own, you must say that you do not have any children. Otherwise you will be asked to present birth certificates where it shows you are the mother, and you will be in a lot of trouble.

Therefore, if they are not your children by birth or legally adopted, it would be best to consider not listing them as your children. Even if you care or love them more than the real mother.- :)

Just for clarification, I only asked this because in the N-400 Form, Part 9 INFORMATION ABOUT YOUR CHILDREN:

A. How many sons and daughers have you had?

-In the intructions you have to include even stepsons and stepdaughters it does not state whether they're adopted or not.

B. Provide the information about all your sons and daughters.

-This is the part where I get confused on what to put, whether it is connected to letter A. or not.

Per N-400 instructions ,you must disclose step children, whether you adopted them or not.
You must indicate all of their names and addresses (if known) in second part.

Per N-400 instructions ,you must disclose step children, whether you adopted them or not.
You must indicate all of their names and addresses (if known) in second part.

Thanks Bobsmyth, for being so patient especially with us, newbies:D