File WOM

Our cases are almost the same!!!

We seem to be in similar boats. Did you ask the lady if you could give your FP at that info pass appt. or if you had to wait for an official FP appt.?

Also did she give you a sense of whether the security check were "FBI checks" or is this what she said she cannot tell you?

take care and best of luck

gmurugan said:
Hi:

I have gone through the Infopass appointment in CT and finds my security check is not yet completed which is initiated by July 2005. Also the Immigration Officer is helpful and she explained me that there is no difference between the wordings of background/security check that USCIS using on the expedite request response letters. She confirmed that my wife's Security Check has been cleared but because of mine is pending we are not getting the 2nd Finger print notice even it is expired. But she denied to say where this security check is strucked for my question that she politely explained me that as per law she can't reveal.

--------
EB3 - PD 10/1998
I140 - RD 05/2004, AD 09/2004
I485 - RD 07/2004
Applied 3 EADs 3 APs all are approved
1st FP - 03/25/2005 Completes
Since April 2005 there is no activity on my case.
Made three Out of Processing request last year and got response saying 'Security Check' not complete.

supply_demand said:
Is that a pre-requisite? Also is there a standard form that we need/lawyers can send to have our case expedited.

thanks

Just to reiterate, when you file a WOM, IF your case goes to court (so far USCIS has been settling before going to court) it's your obligation to prove that you have taken all reasonable measures and are filing a WOM as a last step.

So, yes, it's very strongly recommended that you go thru th entire charade, none of which is expected to produce any results.

Once this is done, go ahead with your WOM.

nj_skm

Filing together

nj_skm said:
Just to reiterate, when you file a WOM, IF your case goes to court (so far USCIS has been settling before going to court) it's your obligation to prove that you have taken all reasonable measures and are filing a WOM as a last step.

So, yes, it's very strongly recommended that you go thru th entire charade, none of which is expected to produce any results.

Once this is done, go ahead with your WOM.

nj_skm

nj_skm, What about filing together?

Getting together all interested guys and approach one lawyer who may consider for lesser fee?

I have proposed getting together in this thread before.

Initially there was quite an emotional outpour but it looks like wiser counsellors prevailed.

It looks like not enough people are interested in getting together for a classaction, unfortunately.

So I've decided to go it alone and am following the usual course for WOM.

If you're interested, yes, we can compare notes and talk to each other and help each other out.

Let me know.

Class action.

NJ you might want to wait a bit as you just filed the 485 a year ago.
I have been waitng for almost a year and a half ..and to file a WOM you have to exhaust all means ..so try to write the letters etc. and see what replies you get ..that will make your case stronger.

If you want to chat sometime ..feel free to send me a message with a contact no. I might use the same lawyer as PathikB

calmguy said:
NJ you might want to wait a bit as you just filed the 485 a year ago.
I have been waitng for almost a year and a half ..and to file a WOM you have to exhaust all means ..so try to write the letters etc. and see what replies you get ..that will make your case stronger.

If you want to chat sometime ..feel free to send me a message with a contact no. I might use the same lawyer as PathikB

Yes, I was also thinking the same. I'm a 'young' guy when it comes to the FBI namecheck issue. I feel bad for all the people who have waited 3+ years. I don't want to face the same fate so I'm acting fast and am going thru all the steps of letters etc.

I'll wait till May or so and then think about a WOM as then I'll have finished one full year of waiting since having filed the I-485.

When are you planning your WOM? If you go ahead with it, I can use your experience.

Thanks,
nj_skm

NC pending for 2 years...

Hi ,

still waiting for NC ....past 2 years .

can any one suggest what i have to take next step to do my NC.

i did all..congressman, senator,calling VSC rep so many times , no response and no updation on my NC .so any gurus advice what next steps i have to take ...

thanks in advance .

File a WOM suit

Just do it! File a WOM.
Don't wait too long as the USCIS has come up with a new policy stating that they won't use a WOM to expedite the namecheck any more.
Good luck!

nj_skm said:
Just do it! File a WOM.
Don't wait too long as the USCIS has come up with a new policy stating that they won't use a WOM to expedite the namecheck any more.
Good luck!

Both NJ and Calmguy. I guess I am also in similar boat as yours. I am waiting for my PD to be current before I go for WOM. I would like to be in touch with you guys. Good luck all.

Desi

WOM lawyers in VA area..?

Hi ,

what is WOM ...can i get some details on this please ...

for this i have to hire any lawyer or not ...

any idea for WOM lawyers in VA area ...

please advice in this ...

thanks in advance

gc_sankar said:
Hi ,

what is WOM ...can i get some details on this please ...

for this i have to hire any lawyer or not ...

any idea for WOM lawyers in VA area ...

please advice in this ...

thanks in advance

NC pending for 2 yrs and you now ask what is WOM? You've been sleeping, haven't you, Riv Van?

Read this and do some more of your own research:
http://www.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?t=207707&referrerid=58220

And, no, you don't need a lawyer for a WOM. Look at namecheck in Wikipedia as well.

Nj_skm and all:

I suggest having a conference call to discuss next steps for filing WOM. I will set up a call and provide details. If any one is interested in filing WOM, i would suggest they participate in this conference call. Please PM me your e-mail address.

Once I have a handful of e-mail addresses, I plan on setting up a conference call. I would suggest any week day in the evening around 8-9PM, when everyone would be home to take this call. I will provide everyone via e-mail the conference call dial in information.

Hoping to hear from a lot of you.

nj_skm said:
NC pending for 2 yrs and you now ask what is WOM? You've been sleeping, haven't you, Riv Van?

Read this and do some more of your own research:
http://www.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?t=207707&referrerid=58220

And, no, you don't need a lawyer for a WOM. Look at namecheck in Wikipedia as well.

njrirlabor said:
Nj_skm and all:

I suggest having a conference call to discuss next steps for filing WOM. I will set up a call and provide details. If any one is interested in filing WOM, i would suggest they participate in this conference call. Please PM me your e-mail address.

Once I have a handful of e-mail addresses, I plan on setting up a conference call. I would suggest any week day in the evening around 8-9PM, when everyone would be home to take this call. I will provide everyone via e-mail the conference call dial in information.

Hoping to hear from a lot of you.

Intersting idea.

Can you start a new thread with the title "Conference call to discuss WOM process" (or something similar) so that everyone interested can register and we can have a call next week?

WoM = Premium Processing

Greetings to all.

Congratulations on this thread, so far the best I have found regarding the name check black hole. Unfortunately, it was started under the VSC thread while this problem involves all service centers.

Anyway, I have been researching and reading on this issue, and here is my conclusion: filing a WoM to force USCIS to act is the equivalent of paying premium processing to expedite the name check process. I have myself been considering the WoM, as in a few days it will be one year since my name check was requested to the FBI (and confirmed that I am stuck).

HOWEVER, there are some side effects to filing a WoM. Firstly, by forcing USCIS to act, we are "cutting in line", as supposedly the FBI acts on a FIFO basis. This not only delays the cases for thousands of other name check victims who have been waiting for years and who cannot afford a lawsuit, but it also contributes to the backlog. And secondly, as I read somewhere in this thread, USCIS must be getting tired of this and they will find a way of blocking these lawsuits. And they will, as they have with the citizenship cases.

While I have not discarded the option of filing a WoM myself, why not try other avenues? How about writing hundreds of letters to the Committee on Immigration in Congress? How about Rep. Nadler (D-NY), who submitted a failed bill to Congress last year for $40 million to the FBI in order to expedite the name check process? Now that Congress is in the hands of the Democrats, why not put pressure on them?

You may say that you are in a hurry, but a WoM is only temporary relief, it is expensive, and yes, selfish. In 4-5 years, when you apply for citizenship, you will be faced with the same problem if the issue is not dealt with from its roots.

Your thoughts, please.

Best regards,

MGOY06

Clearly you are not emplyment based !!!

It all looks good when you are family based .GC ...dude we are loosing a few thousand dollars a month ...hope u understand that ..!!!!!!!! :(