Fed up with immigration!

It is not going to arrive by March 25. Your wife needs to make an Infopass appointment and carry her passport and any other relevant immigration paperwork (like the approval letter) so she can get her passport stamped, because it will take months before they print another card. And form I-90 needs to be filed to officially initiate the card request, otherwise USCIS will just sit on their butts for another year and still there is no card.

I don't have time for all that. I'm going to fax my states Governor, Senator, and many others to get this issue resolved. I'm tired of the games. I want what I paid for. I'll call immigration every day it won't bother me.

jstatus330, call every day. I went through lots of trouble and I called so much the 2nd lv IO knew me by voice. Thank you for your service. My husband served as a USMC and I'm proud of our military :)

When you call make sure to always speak to a 2nd Level IO. I hope that with your service you get to be able to speak to the other USCIS phone number.

Good Luck

I don't have time for all that. I'm going to fax my states Governor, Senator, and many others to get this issue resolved. I'm tired of the games. I want what I paid for. I'll call immigration every day it won't bother me.

if you don't have time, surely the Governor or Senators have NO time. Or maybe I'm wrong and they are totally free and want to help you out.

as Jack or Bob said, follow up with them properly instead of wasting time calling immigration. It will get you no where if you just call them and complain over the phone.

What part should I write this in? You can just comment to stories that don't have anything to do with what I'm talking about. Should I just write my problem in there and hope someone responds?

Yes. And I think it is unjust. You are serving this country and deserve some slack. But USCIS is beyond the twilight zone.

If you want to try it, use http://forums.immigration.com/showthread.php?t=292632 and see what happens.

By the way, we don't offer any magical solutions on this forum. Some of the people like us who are immigrants, have had to keep up with this quietly, every day of our lives, patiently, dreaming to recite the oath of US citizenship once in our lifetime.-

Last edited by a moderator:
Please stop insisting that "you want what you paid for." It has been said before, this is not some small-time shop but a large Federal agency that has specific rules on how things work and it matters very little that you paid for it. I certainly understand your situation but it has been suggested several times that your wife should get her passport stamped, that you contact several institutions, etc. Your response: I don't have time for all that.

Well, OK, the choice is yours.

I have to agree with Mr Vertigo here. While it may feel good to blow up at someone. Once they are off the phone to you, you are forgotten. If this is going to get fixed, you need to work through the process. It will be done their way or not at all. Best you can expect to get from the governor and senators is a nudge in the right direction. You will have to cover the hard yards. Sorry if you believe it is BS. Most likely it is, but this is their game and if you really want to fix your wifes problem, you are going to have to do the work.

She is in the U.S. She has been approved for permanent residency status but has not stamp on her passport. I finally got a hold of someone at USCIS on the phone and had about a half hour conversation with some lady. I explained everything and she told me she does see where my lawyer did call yesterday to tell them we have still not gotten the green card and they now have until March 25th to send us a new one. I was calm but explained I am extremely angered at how this thing has played out. I said I understand with no competition and such they can do as they please, but this is ridiculous. I told her I do deserve compensation but don't really expect it. She said no, it's a Gov agency so no compensation.

Basically she told me to write this office in DC or fax them. I'm gonna do that plus a few other things. One way or another I'm gonna get this issue brought to the higher ups attention. This is truly, truly unprofessional, and they are messing with my money IMO. You don't pay thousands of dollars and then get nothing out of it.

If you want compensation, you'll have to sue them. Discuss that with your lawyer to see if you can sue them for 1 mil. :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Please stop insisting that "you want what you paid for." It has been said before, this is not some small-time shop but a large Federal agency that has specific rules on how things work and it matters very little that you paid for it. I certainly understand your situation but it has been suggested several times that your wife should get her passport stamped, that you contact several institutions, etc. Your response: I don't have time for all that.

Well, OK, the choice is yours.

I'm going to insist I get what I paid for. When you pay a place thousands of dollars to do a job and it doesn't get done how do you think one would feel? I feel robbed. I feel like someone is sitting on their you know what not doing anything. The response "were sorry, we will send another one out to you" is not the lie I wanna hear anymore. I have done everything that's asked of me from my end. There is nothing else I can do for immigration. They got paid. Now it's time for them to give the customer what they paid and waited for. Period. No one will change my view on that because that's the correct view.

I am going to contact a bunch of people, but I will not get her passport stamped when that's not my responsibility. I've already done what I've had to do for immigration. She is a permanent resident, she just doesn't have the green card.

jstatus330, call every day. I went through lots of trouble and I called so much the 2nd lv IO knew me by voice. Thank you for your service. My husband served as a USMC and I'm proud of our military :)

When you call make sure to always speak to a 2nd Level IO. I hope that with your service you get to be able to speak to the other USCIS phone number.

Good Luck

Thanks for the advice. Once I'm off work today I will call them and ask to speak to a 2nd Level IO. After that I will write my letters so the 4 or so people I plan on writing to. I will be faxing my letter for the fastest response. I appreciate the advice.

My wife informed me her passport is stamped and good until sometime in 2010. We thought it was a different stamp but whatever. I'll post what the 2nd Level IO tells me later. Hopefully they can be of some help.

If there's one thing I've learned in my last 15 years of interaction with the INS/CIS, it is that there is no point in getting all upset about it. It can only hurt you. You need to have a zen-like attitude to the whole thing :).

Better to work the system. See if you can get your local senator to do something about it. They probably take Army requests very seriously and can intervene on your behalf.

The BBB did get back to me and said they have contacted the Cleveland Immigration office and would let me know when further action would be taken. It could take a while though. My lawyer said she would give someone in public office a call for me but who knows what's going on with that because she told me that shortly after I started posting on here (like a week ago or more it seems).

My Dad wrote into a news station that does investigations and they said they would investigate this and get back to my Dad on the matter so maybe they will take action and this will get on TV, who knows! I just wanna know what the hell happened.

Wow with the Better Business Bureau after them, I am sure that the US government will cave. Good going, you have them on the run!

Well I admire the fact that you are trying very hard to get answers,, like others mentioned the fact that you are serving our country should have some positive help when contacting people to look into your case.

Good luck and hope you get some answers ( and your wife's GC ) soon :)

I got a call from someone at immigration a few days ago. Of course they called with their number hidden! They claimed they have sent it twice and it came back both times and insisted the problem is on the post office's end, not theirs. I said well the funny thing is I already talked to the post office and they said it's not their fault, and if we've been getting mail from them and other places for my wife at that address, we wouldn't miss this one piece of mail. They continued to say it's not their fault regardless of what the post office says. My lawyer is now suggesting we change our address with immigration, this way if they continue to fail delivering it then we know for sure it's their fault and they will have no excuses.

Apparently all the trouble I've been giving them like reporting them to BBB and a private investigator finally got their attention to give me a call. Although they basically just sat there in denial and blamed someone else.

You are dealing with the most inefficient and bureaucratic Federal agency in existence. They are bigger than you and they don't give a damn about you. You're only going to raise your blood pressure trying to push them to send the card again, if you don't follow the usual process to get a replacement card by filing the I-90 form.

You are dealing with the most inefficient and bureaucratic Federal agency in existence. They are bigger than you and they don't give a damn about you. You're only going to raise your blood pressure trying to push them to send the card again, if you don't follow the usual process to get a replacement card by filing the I-90 form.

Dude, the called the BBB... that made them give him a call! :D

Immigration called me again this morning, same guy as the last time. He said the card came back returned a third time and if I was sure it wasn't the post office doing this. I explained I spoke to the post office and they said it's not their fault. Why would one piece of mail go undelivered yet everything else does? It doesn't add up. I said my lawyer, my family, the post office, none of us understand why one piece of mail isn't getting to us.

He asked who my lawyer was and I told him, he didn't know her. He said he knew I filed a complaint with them through the BBB, dang right! I explained I changed my address online from the post office and immigration website a couple days ago. He said it never registered with them and I had to give him my address over the phone, plus he wanted my wife's cell phone number to have two numbers to reach us by. Then when he found out we are in Louisiana now he wanted a work number to prove we actually live in Louisiana and that I'm in the Army. I gave him my work number and my immediate supervisors name. So now when I go to work I have to explain the situation to my supervisor so he knows what the heck is going on.