February New Delhi Interview Thread/ Tracker

Chuck I got PCC from Washington DC

My passport is issued from Indian Embassy Washington DC as it was renewed. I have stayed in USA for last 8 years. so I don\'t know whether I need PCC from India.

Pakcet 3 delivered to New Delhi Consulate on 12/10.

NVC mailed - 11/26
Fedex Tracking result.
Attorney Sent pakcet 3 from US (Fedex Priority)- 12/5
Received by New Delhi consulate - 12/10.
Spoke to Chitra, not entered in the system as yet and asked to call back after 2 weeks. Planning to call next week.

Sending Packet III before receiving one

CPers...
What are the advantages and disadvantages of sending the packet after the case number has been generated but not received the packet yet?

Thanks in advance
MS

Sending Packet III before receiving one

Guys...

Could you please all from your experience and knowledge state the advantages and disadvantages fo send the Packet III before actually receiving from the NVC?

Thanks...

Spoke to Chitra this morning

Pakcet 3 entered in consulate system. She asked me to check last week of Jan for interview dates.

Harry001

Thanks.

She did not mention anything about Anthrax scare. Fedex was deliver on 12/10. So I guess they started opening the mails.

Hi Guys

Updated info
Pkt 3 mailed via fedex on Dec 6th 2001.
Fedex delivered on Dec 10th 2001.
Called consulate today, entered on Dec 12th 2001. Lady was very pleasant and told me definite Feb interview and told me to call Jan 15th 2002 to get exact date. She also verified my name ans spouses name.

Harry001

I tried 419 8062/ 419 8374. I started calling around 9:30 AM and was able to get thru 419 8062 after 2 hours. Sometime its rings but nobody picks up. Sometime you may hear the recorded message "The number you dialed is not in service". But both the numbers are correct. Don\'t loose hope. Keep on trying. Regarding PCC her answer was more confusing, "You have to get the PCC from Indian embassy at US, then after you arrive in India, you should apply with the Regional passport office, Green Card stamping will be done subject to PCC later."

My P3 sent by lawyer to delhi on 11/12

Hi kapil,

Lawyer says no PCC required....not sure what\'s going on that front.....though i think we can get PCC from our passport office in delhi....

Let me know your prep...

Thx
Mike

Info entered in system

Packet III delivered on Dec 11. Called and confirmed that Information is in System

PCC from SFO

Is there anyone, who is going to apply for PCC
at SFO or anyone who has already applied.. ?

Just wanted to know the formalities needed (if any)
before going there..

Pkt # entered into the system : - Only after Calling the Consulate

Pkt 3 reached Dec 4th. Entered inot the system
The gentlemen said expect an interview around first week of Feb.

Can i collect pkt 4 now itself from the consulate .Would they give it ??