• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

February 2015 Visa Bulletin Published

No there should still be visas. It starts to get a bit sticky in late August.

Thats a relief to hear
Would it make a difference depending on where we were interviewed?
Or is the backlog due to KCC (Shouldnt digital actually be faster?lol)

Ouch
I may run the risk of there not being enough visas?
Whats the purpose of increasing the numbers each month if they take so long to clear the log?lol

This means i should get my 2NL sometime in may?

What's the purpose of increasing the numbers each month when they're taking so long to the log you say? I guess you wouldn't say that if for instance the new VB says no more increase from March since they need to finish processing and scheduling those already current from Oct to Feb which means your CN wouldn't have been current for March, right?

Was England one of the -no go- countries last year? Or, I suppose more, she was the winner and so your chargeability was Spain, right? In anyways, I am surprised you had to do a lot of waiting or maybe I should say had anxiety with that number.

Was England one of the -no go- countries last year? Or, I suppose more, she was the winner and so your chargeability was Spain, right? In anyways, I am surprised you had to do a lot of waiting or maybe I should say had anxiety with that number.

Yes, as I explained already - I was charged to her country. I was able to enter myself as well because the UK was excluded (and has been for many years) but in the end she was the winner so I was charged to her country. With the benefit if hindsight, EU31XXX was safe - BUT it was higher than the highest EU CEAC number for 2013 and only just below the 2013 published cutoff - so I was anxious for a while until I understood the math.

What's the purpose of increasing the numbers each month when they're taking so long to the log you say? I guess you wouldn't say that if for instance the new VB says no more increase from March since they need to finish processing and scheduling those already current from Oct to Feb which means your CN wouldn't have been current for March, right?

Even if my CN goes current, what is the point if they still have entries that have been current since oct-feb and are uncleared
In this case, the actual CURRENT date should be much later. no?

Even if my CN goes current, what is the point if they still have entries that have been current since oct-feb and are uncleared

The point is those with similar CN within your range, or I should say those with CNs current in March and who bothered to submit their DS-forms in May 2014 will be scheduled and interviewed in March. It's not like KCC will not bother to schedule them because they're yet to process cases that are already current but did not submit their forms in a timely manner.

So basically if you had submitted your form back in May or even June 2014, you would have been scheduled for a March interview now that your CN is current.

Those with higher CNs cannot be held to ransom and prevented from becoming current, especially if they followed the instruction on the selectee letter and submitted in a timely manner, simply because KCC is trying to catch up with those with lower CNs who decided to submit their forms at some later date.

Yes, as I explained already - I was charged to her country. I was able to enter myself as well because the UK was excluded (and has been for many years) but in the end she was the winner so I was charged to her country. With the benefit if hindsight, EU31XXX was safe - BUT it was higher than the highest EU CEAC number for 2013 and only just below the 2013 published cutoff - so I was anxious for a while until I understood the math.
Thanks for the detailing Simon.

If you fly high, then painfully they fall. This is about Europe. Although not a large percentage can reduce wishing to travel to the United States. This is the course dollar.

The point is those with similar CN within your range, or I should say those with CNs current in March and who bothered to submit their DS-forms in May 2014 will be scheduled and interviewed in March. It's not like KCC will not bother to schedule them because they're yet to process cases that are already current but did not submit their forms in a timely manner.

So basically if you had submitted your form back in May or even June 2014, you would have been scheduled for a March interview now that your CN is current.

I thought they will be interviewed LATER than march due to the backlog?
I submitted my form late because i wanted to push my interview back. I will not be in the country in March for an interview

In the previous few bulletin threads, people who submitted their forms on time and were current, did not receive their appointments on time, but rather at a later date

Not for OC. People who submitted in May were all interviewed when they went current. Those who submitted late have experienced a 1-2 month delay.

Ouch
I may run the risk of there not being enough visas?
Whats the purpose of increasing the numbers each month if they take so long to clear the log?lol

This means i should get my 2NL sometime in may?

Well, to be fair, any risk you run would be because you submitted your DS late ....if you had submitted early enough you would be scheduled for an interview in March.

Edit: posted before i saw others had said the same
Left up because people seem to like blaming KCC for issues when they themselves have caused the delay...

I thought they will be interviewed LATER than march due to the backlog?
I submitted my form late because i wanted to push my interview back. I will not be in the country in March for an interview

In the previous few bulletin threads, people who submitted their forms on time and were current, did not receive their appointments on time, but rather at a later date
Do you know what "on time" means? "On time" means early enough for KCC to have finished processing before yiu are current. So actually every single person who submitted "on time" got an interview in the month they went current.

Well anyway, you wanted your interview delayed, that's what you got....

Do you know what "on time" means? "On time" means early enough for KCC to have finished processing before yiu are current. So actually every single person who submitted "on time" got an interview in the month they went current.

Well anyway, you wanted your interview delayed, that's what you got....

Yup
I wanted it delayed and I'm in no way blaming KCC or anyone

Im just wondering how this backlog works
The first few bullutein threads had people complaining about them being current but not scheduled even thou they submitted the ds260 on the date applications opened

The first few bullutein threads had people complaining about them being current but not scheduled even thou they submitted the ds260 on the date applications opened

Specifics please! Give us the names of those who submitted their forms on May 19th who didn't get scheduled when their CNs became current.

Specifics please! Give us the names of those who submitted their forms on May 19th who didn't get scheduled when their CNs became current.

Taking the assertion to its logical conclusion would have meant that no-one interviewed in October ...

Yup
I wanted it delayed and I'm in no way blaming KCC or anyone

In KFС save money on salaries of employees, so there is a delay. But do not appreciate the work of people who are given extra work. Choosing to 35000-40000 in 2014 20000-25000 and in 2015 won more. Do not think about it. they have there mess.

Since we are talking about processing here, I recently emailed KCC my marriage certificate and asked them to acknowledge that they received it. They sent me back some standard reply starting with "Your forms have been received and pending further embassy review for the continuation of your visa processing." Since they mention embassy, does that mean they finished processing? (DS submitted on the 23rd of October).

Since we are talking about processing here, I recently emailed KCC my marriage certificate and asked them to acknowledge that they received it. They sent me back some standard reply starting with "Your forms have been received and pending further embassy review for the continuation of your visa processing." Since they mention embassy, does that mean they finished processing? (DS submitted on the 23rd of October).
Yup. That's an indication that your forms are done processing. When the forms are still processing, their standard response is "Your forms have been received and are currently processing. Allow several weeks for processing".
Seems that they're moving forward in clearing the backlog.