February 2003 I140/I484 concurrent Filers - READ ONLY

Status
Not open for further replies.
RFE on I-140

I got RFE on my I-140 application.

I find from a website that

"The NSC has fully implemented the concurrent filings of Form I-140 Immigrant Petition for Alien Worker and Form I-485 Adjustment of Status Application. The NSC requests that such concurrent filings be sent to its P.O. Box 87485. If the NSC issues an RFE on the Form I-140 within 60 days, the Form I-765 Application for Employment Authorization and the Form I-131 Application for a Travel Document which were filed as part of the adjustment of status packet will be placed on hold. The 90-day clock for the issuance of an Interim Employment Authorization Document begins anew after the NSC receives the response to the RFE. If the Form I-140 is approved, then the Form I-765 and the Form I-131 should be adjudicated within 60 to 75 days. "

Any inputs?

Thnx
Nash

I-140 RFE

Hello gurus of the forum,

I was going through some of the threads ( ImmigrationPortal Forums > ImmigrationPortal.com > US Immigration > Immigrant Visas (Green Cards) > I-140 Issues > I-140 RFE and Educational Evaluation )
and found something intersting / scary...

I was interested to come across this thread as I recently had a I-140 denied based on the INS's decision that my credentials did not meet the credentials of the Labor Certification. In a nutshell the ETA -750 stated that the college degree required should be "Bachelors or equivalent" that is what was put in that little box on the form - question 14. The reason my attorney did this was because the position for the labor certification was identical to my H1B position which of course, had to require a Bachelor's degree - for that I was able to use a combination of college and experience as I do not hold a Bachelors. We thought that by putting 'equivalent' we were covered. Although the Labor Certification was approved with my credentials the the INS requested proof that I met the educational requirements and subsequently told us that equivalency was not acceptable in an immigrant visa. We 'argued' that it was always our intention to look at applicants with a college degree or it's equivalent (we put that in the ads) and we would not have denied anyone who had the relevant experience but not the degree. No dice - the petition was rejected. It is too late to appeal as the denial was more than 30 days ago but I am definitely wondering if the INS case officer has misinterpreted our use of the 'equivalent' on the ETA-750. Any thoughts? Jim?

I am with the engineering background(16 years of schooling) in a different stream than computer science and am in the IT
for 8 years now.There was an RFE on my I-140 application (lawyer told me that it was regarding educational evaluation - no big deal)

On my ETA-forms (for labor clearence) the minimum educational requirements for my position were
1. Bachelors in science or EQUIVALENT and
2. Major field of study----computer science or RELATED FIELD.
3. Plus some experience.

How exactly someone interprets if I fit the bill?

Extreme case if my I-140 gets denied what are the available options for me?

Any inputs would help me and others in same boat.

thnx
Nash.

FP

I got a second finger printing notice. I already did the finger printing on March 23. The new notice date is for July 27. For those of you who received the second FP notice, how are you guys handling it?

I would appreciate any response.

Thanks,

Re: FP

I would suggest go and take it even if it is a pain.
I have learnt one thing in life "Never to mess with INS even if they are wrong !!!

So decide accordingly. I have a similar situation going for second time FP on July 11th. Good Luck

Anindya

Originally posted by sharmin
I got a second finger printing notice. I already did the finger printing on March 23. The new notice date is for July 27. For those of you who received the second FP notice, how are you guys handling it?

I would appreciate any response.

Thanks,

Guys,
I went for 2nd FP notice on 6/19/03. I earlier had done FP on
5/22/03(NWK office). They told me that "It was an error and
everything was fine with 1st FP" They did not give anything in writing though.
If you're free then go for 2nd FP. Do not take a day off and go
there as it'll be wasted.

2-nd FP

I did my second FP today 06/21/03(saturday). My first FP was done on 05/17/03(saturday). When I talk to the supervisor / technician....they said its been more than a month and completed the whole process again.
As someone else in the forum said...with INS play the game by their rules. I hope not to get the THIRD FP ;-)

Did anyone had any ideas on my I-140 query? which I posted few days ago....any advice?

Good luck to all.
Nash.

I am new to this forum, and I will be filing for my I-140/485 concurrently soon, can anyone please let me know approximately how long it is taking to get 140, EAD, AP, 485 etc approved?

Updated

Name--------------->Papers--------------->Category---->MD----->ND
NY72---------------->140/485/765/131-->--------------->2/5
sharmin------------>140/485-------------->--------------->2/6
seshar-------------->140/485/765/131-->--------------->2/7
myself-12342002->140/485------------->--------------->2/10
mdu123------------>140/485/765/131-->EB3---------->2/13
SnailPaceINS------>140/485/131-------->-------------->2/14
parvardigar-------->140/485/765-------->-------------->2/25
bobroh-------------->140/485/765/131------------------>2/25
june140lucky------>140-------------------->-------------->2/7------>2/18
easyrun -------> 140/485/765/131 -------> EB2------>2/12 ---->2/19

I 140 approved

Hi all

Got an RFE for I 140 on May 5th, replied on May 12th and was received by BCIS on May 19th. Got the approval today(online status).

No developments in I 765/ I 131.

Wishing luck to all

mdu123

RFE was about experience certificate.

We sent the one which we had sent earlier.

Good luck

mdu123

FP De-Schedule Notice

Recently a few weeks back I had received a 2nd FP notice, just after a couple of weeks of taking the fingerprints, this saturday I received a De-Scheduled notice from BCIS, saying that please ignore the 2nd FP notice, your fingerprints have already been taken.... saved the next week useless trip to that building..

Giveme,

Your I140 seems to have been approved in less than 3 months under EB3. Congratulations! Could you please share as to why you think yours might have been approved within such a short time? :p ;) :D :) :confused:

Thanks for your reply in advance.

Is it TRUE that if you we don’t get our EAD within 90 days of filing of my 485 , We can go directly to one of the INS office to receive them directly .. Please clarify .

Thanks,
Rotny

Status
Not open for further replies.