Feb 2006 visa bulletin

245i Cases

95% of the 245i cases were from Mexico. Out of those 50% were for other workers category and 50% were for EB3 skilled workers category.

So, visa dates should really see some good progress for India in the next few months. Let's hope for the best.

RAYDHAN said:
95% of the 245i cases were from Mexico. Out of those 50% were for other workers category and 50% were for EB3 skilled workers category.

So, visa dates should really see some good progress for India in the next few
months. Let's hope for the best.

What my thinking is :

First, Why other worker PD is 01OCT01 :) and EB3 for worldwide stuck at 22APR01.

It looks like most of 245i is filled under EB3 (mexico and the south america).

Second, since Mexico and the south america are stuck with 245i cases, they will use all 7% of their slots (not share it out like before). So, the rest of the world + india and china will be stuck with them for a long long time.

Third, EB2 for India and China will still moving fast ahead as long as EB2 for worldwide is still current (but not for long I guess)

Fourth, EB1 for India and China is continuing to move and move fast since there is NO PREDICTION OF EB1 retrogression for worldwide yet (not for the year 06). Maybe current soon in the near future :)

Is this Visa Bulletin real ?
Why isnt it showing on State Department web site ?
When you go to DOS website the most recent bulletin shows January.

Matthew Oh

Here's Matthew Oh's take on this bulletin:

"The EB-1 and EB-2 for India and China have progressed substantially. Even EB-3 has moved for India and China impressively. Worldwide is still stuck with the 245(i) cases. India and China EB-3 will also be stuck in April 2001 once their numbers reach the date because of the massive 245(i) cases which were filed on or before April 30, 2001 by illegal aliens to take advantage of 245(i) relief before the law sunset. Reportedly, these numbers reached about 300,000. A substantial number of these cases are still left behind in the DOL Backlog Elimination Center. These cases have been moving extremely slow, but once the Centers pick up the speed, these cases will add a tremendous pressures on the EB-3 visa numbers as most of these cases have very early priority dates. Worse yet, the USCIS is expected to pick up the speed of EB-485 adjudication to meet the Bush's commitment to reducing processing to six months by the end of September 2006, which is only eight months away. There are a huge number of 245(i) cases which have yet to move into the stream of EB-3 I-485 rows which will eventually take out EB-3 numbers, constraining the progression of EB-3 numbers continuously. "

I wish I/we could do a deal with NumbersUSa and Fairus to help them in the fight against illegals and in turn they could give us a break and not protest when time comes to vote for increase in EB visas numbers.

Look to what the favoritsm to illegal aliens and their vote potential did to legal aliens like us. Legal alien GC applications should be put in a queue that should not constrain legal applicants this way. Jesus.

Gogol75 said:
Here's Matthew Oh's take on this bulletin:

"The EB-1 and EB-2 for India and China have progressed substantially. Even EB-3 has moved for India and China impressively. Worldwide is still stuck with the 245(i) cases. India and China EB-3 will also be stuck in April 2001 once their numbers reach the date because of the massive 245(i) cases which were filed on or before April 30, 2001 by illegal aliens to take advantage of 245(i) relief before the law sunset. Reportedly, these numbers reached about 300,000. A substantial number of these cases are still left behind in the DOL Backlog Elimination Center. These cases have been moving extremely slow, but once the Centers pick up the speed, these cases will add a tremendous pressures on the EB-3 visa numbers as most of these cases have very early priority dates. Worse yet, the USCIS is expected to pick up the speed of EB-485 adjudication to meet the Bush's commitment to reducing processing to six months by the end of September 2006, which is only eight months away. There are a huge number of 245(i) cases which have yet to move into the stream of EB-3 I-485 rows which will eventually take out EB-3 numbers, constraining the progression of EB-3 numbers continuously. "

is this info valid.i mean in visa bulliten its jan as of now.
any ways my question is for indians eb-2 crossed that date.so hence forth do you think it will move faster?will they ever become current if so how many months from now?

Caution : Seems like this VB is not a valid VB

I checked it again and again and I asked my friends to check it on different computers

All are showing January.

Please confirm if anyone other than indoamerican can see Feb VB on website, not through the link he sent.

indoamerican, please let us know the source of that link

Thanks

It acutally makes perfect sense, Mexico will be stuck and not India

ziv711 said:
I think the country that will be most impacted from the April 30 2001 deadline is Mexico. This is because the large illegal population they had here. I'm not sure how much of a problem this may have been for Indian or Chinese.

Note that Mexico is already a falling behind. India is making some progress and China is already at the same level as the ROW. My prediction is that Mexico is going to be stuck for a while, while the rest of the world, India and China will make some further progress. Maybe in 2 or 3 months we'll start seeing some movement beyond April (except Mexico).

(Or maybe that's just wishful thinking...)

gca2405 said:
Caution : Seems like this VB is not a valid VB

I checked it again and again and I asked my friends to check it on different computers

All are showing January.

Please confirm if anyone other than indoamerican can see Feb VB on website, not through the link he sent.

indoamerican, please let us know the source of that link

Thanks

Relax dude. You think somebody hacked into the Department of State website and planted this bulletin :)

The bulletin is authentic. Department of State links are sometimes not updated immediately. Check back tomorrow and it'll show up in the links.

Now go home, drink some tea, watch some tv :)

Thanks Gogol75,

We wait for the bulletin for one month so just want to make sure that its valid before we start planning according to it.

Thanks Alot

And BTW .. how do you know I like tea?

:p

From iimigration-law.com

The EB-1 and EB-2 for India and China have progressed substantially. Even EB-3 has moved for India and China impressively. Worldwide is still stuck with the 245(i) cases. India and China EB-3 will also be stuck in April 2001 once their numbers reach the date because of the massive 245(i) cases which were filed on or before April 30, 2001 by illegal aliens to take advantage of 245(i) relief before the law sunset. Reportedly, these numbers reached about 300,000. A substantial number of these cases are still left behind in the DOL Backlog Elimination Center. These cases have been moving extremely slow, but once the Centers pick up the speed, these cases will add a tremendous pressures on the EB-3 visa numbers as most of these cases have very early priority dates. Worse yet, the USCIS is expected to pick up the speed of EB-485 adjudication to meet the Bush's commitment to reducing processing to six months by the end of September 2006, which is only eight months away. There are a huge number of 245(i) cases which have yet to move into the stream of EB-3 I-485 rows which will eventually take out EB-3 numbers, constraining the progression of EB-3 numbers continuously.

Why would 245(i) take out EB3 numbers? So illegal immigrations belong to the same category a EB3?

245(i) doesnt create a new way to get a green card
If some entered illegally , say for otehr worker category or if they overstayed their visa , they wouldnt be eligible for AOS within USA
245(i) allows them to be eligible for AOS within USA Subject to certain conditions.
so 245 i filers can be EB3, EB3 Other workers and EB 2 .
As someone pointed out , most of the 245 i apps are assumed to be EB3 other workers and EB3 .
Theres no concrete data on that though

Authentic

gca2405 said:
Is this Visa Bulletin real ?
Why isnt it showing on State Department web site ?
When you go to DOS website the most recent bulletin shows January.

It is totally authentic. DOS web-site unfortunately does not update immediately.

For example, last month, it was prepared and published on Jan 9 and their web-site attached the link only on Jan 12 (3 days delay).

Anyway congrats as it looks like yr date is current now.

Hi RAYDHAN, can you please share with me the source of this information. Thanks.

RAYDHAN said:

So, visa dates should really see some good progress for India in the next few months. Let's hope for the best.

can someone explain to me why other works has better date than eb3? historically, other workers has always lagged behind. I remember I read at Murthy she said there are more 245i filed under other workers than eb3? :(

nonogc said:
can someone explain to me why other works has better date than eb3? historically, other workers has always lagged behind. I remember I read at Murthy she said there are more 245i filed under other workers than eb3? :(

Let me guess : other workers just include those illegal people :) But EB3 includes both you and them :D

China EB2 getting out of retro soon?

Does it mean the China EB2 will get out of Retro soon?

My PD is Aug 2003. Could I expect to file 485 soon?