Feb 2003 Tracker

guys..lotsa activity for FP2 for Feb-Mar'03....still anyone knows what the approval time might be after FP2??

Mamoo,
Although the message mentions N400 applicants, if you stay on the line and talk to a live person they will update the address. Remember, each applicant has to change the address by themselves(you cant call and change your's and your spouse's address). Also I received confirmation of my change of address within 2 weeks at my new address.

My lawyer called me today that I have FP2 notice scheduled at NOV.26,2004. They said that they'll mail our notice today.

My I-485 case's RD is FEB 11,2003.

Last edited by a moderator:
nara1233

nara1233 said:
Mamoo,
Although the message mentions N400 applicants, if you stay on the line and talk to a live person they will update the address. Remember, each applicant has to change the address by themselves(you cant call and change your's and your spouse's address). Also I received confirmation of my change of address within 2 weeks at my new address.

Hello nara1233,
First of all, thanks for sharing the information.
My lawyer has sent the change of address notification by mail last year soon after I relocated. But they have not recd any confirmation! I also filed AR11. Should I still call to change the address/confirm? I am worried because I did not receive the FP2 notice directly from the CIS. The lawyer is sending me the representative copy.
What kind of confirmation did you receive after the change?
Please help.
-Mamoo

Mamoo,
I think you should call and change the address at USCIS now. I received(for myself and my wife) a letter indicating that the address on the pending cases has been changed and that I should fill out an AR 11 form and send it to the DHS office in London, KY if I have not already done so.I think you have already sent the AR 11, so it is a matter of calling USCIS and talking to a customer service rep and telling them to change the address for all pending cases(485, AP, EAD).

Picasso

picasso said:
My lawyer called me today that I have FP2 notice scheduled at NOV.26,2004. They said that they'll mail our notice today.

My I-485 case's RD is FEB 11,2003.

Hello Picasso,
Even in my case the lawyer recd my FP2. I haven't recd my copy directly from the USCIS. Can you shed some light?
Thanks!
Mamoo

nara1233 said:
Mamoo,
I think you should call and change the address at USCIS now. I received(for myself and my wife) a letter indicating that the address on the pending cases has been changed and that I should fill out an AR 11 form and send it to the DHS office in London, KY if I have not already done so.I think you have already sent the AR 11, so it is a matter of calling USCIS and talking to a customer service rep and telling them to change the address for all pending cases(485, AP, EAD).

Hello nara1233,
I hope the person (USCIS) will not mind even if the address is already updated? Should be OK?
Thanks!
Mamoo

Hi picasso

Are you EB3 OR EB2?

I am EB3 category with I-485 RD 03/15/03 & ND 03/18/03. I see a lot of FP2's are being given for Jan/Feb/Mar BUT I think most are EB2. So would like to track the EB3 case status. Thanks.

Mamoo said:
Hello Picasso,
Even in my case the lawyer recd my FP2. I haven't recd my copy directly from the USCIS. Can you shed some light?
Thanks!
Mamoo

I received the FP2 notice from my lawyer. It kind of puzzled me too because I know I would receive one directly from USCIS too. I don't know if this is the way this works ?

I did change address 2 month ago and filed AR-11. I told my lawyers to check my address with them and they said they will notify USCIS.

The envelope contains FP2 for me and my wife which are both original documents and not photocopies.

renusun said:
Hi picasso

Are you EB3 OR EB2?

I am EB3 category with I-485 RD 03/15/03 & ND 03/18/03. I see a lot of FP2's are being given for Jan/Feb/Mar BUT I think most are EB2. So would like to track the EB3 case status. Thanks.

I believe I am EB3 with I-485 RD 02/11/03. I have a 5 years bachelor's degree in Computer Engineering and does not have special education or master or doctorate degrees. Thanks.

Get ready!! Our time will come soon

Now that we have one approval for Jan 2003 our time will come very soon.

Thanks

GM

picasso said:
I received the FP2 notice from my lawyer. It kind of puzzled me too because I know I would receive one directly from USCIS too. I don't know if this is the way this works ?

I did change address 2 month ago and filed AR-11. I told my lawyers to check my address with them and they said they will notify USCIS.

The envelope contains FP2 for me and my wife which are both original documents and not photocopies.

Hello picasso,
If you see your original FP notice you will see the words 'representative copy'. I think we are in the same boat; only I had changed my address last year and my lawyer notified the USCIS by mail as per the rule.
nara1233 informed me that he too had called the USCIS to make sure the address is updated. I seriously am planning to do that if my lawyer is unable to rectify the address issue.
Let know what you think.
Thanks,
Mamoo

I heard they clear the case in 30-40 days after FP2. Also if there is any RFE, it is before FP2. Is that true?

I recieved FP2 with no RFE yet. can I expect approval in Dec.04? or I am too optimistic?

RD 02/03.

lkjhgf

lkjhgf

lkjhgf said:
I heard they clear the case in 30-40 days after FP2. Also if there is any RFE, it is before FP2. Is that true?

I recieved FP2 with no RFE yet. can I expect approval in Dec.04? or I am too optimistic?

RD 02/03.

lkjhgf

Both the processes are different. FPs are being issued by contractors. But a successful FP report from FBI might trigger the folks at NSC to look at your case. But in any case, what I have seen so far, will not take more than 3 months after FP. But each case is different and with different people at NSC. You never know what is going to happen.

All the best though!

Thanks

GM

It seems RFE is issued after FP2, but based on few cases I tracked, therer seems an action in around 45 days after Fp2. May be an RFE or straight approval. Thus, if no RFE, approval might be in a month 2.

2nd FP/RFE

lkjhgf said:

RD 02/03.

lkjhgf

In what i have seen happening to my friends and colleagues, After 2nd FP within 30-40 days they either got RFE or Approval. So if you have done your 2nd FP, you can expect anyone of them with next 30-40 days. Good luck

Another Feb 03 FP2

I am another Feb 03 EB2 candidate received FP2 yesterday. Its scheduled for 11/26. I have a question though. 11/26 is a Friday after Thanksgiving. Would the INS office be open that day? I am sure USCIS doesn't goof so much up, but just wanted to know if you any of you also got it scheduled for that day

Mamoo said:
Hello picasso,
If you see your original FP notice you will see the words 'representative copy'. I think we are in the same boat; only I had changed my address last year and my lawyer notified the USCIS by mail as per the rule.
nara1233 informed me that he too had called the USCIS to make sure the address is updated. I seriously am planning to do that if my lawyer is unable to rectify the address issue.
Let know what you think.
Thanks,
Mamoo

Mamoo and everybody,

Thanks for the information. I got my wife's FP2 (mine has not arrived yet and probably returned ) notice forwarded from my old address and I realized that AR-11 is not enough to update your address. Today , I called USCIS to change my address and asked my wife to do the same. They said they will update my change of address on my pending I-485 Application .So call them to update your change of address information. Just be patient because it took me around 10 minutes before I could speak to a human being :)

Regards.

goni said:
I am another Feb 03 EB2 candidate received FP2 yesterday. Its scheduled for 11/26. I have a question though. 11/26 is a Friday after Thanksgiving. Would the INS office be open that day? I am sure USCIS doesn't goof so much up, but just wanted to know if you any of you also got it scheduled for that day

Don't worry, my schedule for me and my wife is also NOV.26 at 2:00PM. We might see each other if yours is in Detroit.

Regards.