FBI namecheck email..anyone got response from email sent in Jan?

dazzling said:
Not true .. my spouse is a dependent on my case and my GC is approved as EB2. So she is a EB2 case. I dont think FBI even know what category these cases are in.

oh well, you also have to have a specific luck too :(

MASS NJ said:
got response today for the mail sent on JAN 10 2005
Congrats on ur approval

One quick question, For FOIA Name Check enquiry - DO we need to notarize letter we are faxing?

Thanks in advance

Hi, Commander,

Have you gotten your case approved already after the name check cleared?

One question for you. Have you ever tried the FOIPA thing? Do you think it will be useful? So far, I only tried the email-inquiry to FBI and asking congressman's help, do you think there are other things I could do to make something happen?

News like yours are always very encouraging. People here have been frustrated time after time ... Life is not easy ...

Million of thanks to you and wish you all the luck!

commander said:
Below is the reply mail from FBI-----------
=======================================
Subject: RE: Name Check Status request.
Date: Sat, 9 Jul 2005 12:47:37 -0400
To:

Dear <My Name>:

I am responding to your email dated January 13, 2005, concerning the
name check status of you and your family.

A review of the FBI's Name Check Program database revealed that a request from the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) for you and <FAMILY> was received on March 23, 2004, and is currently in a pending status.
You may be assured that the immigration authorities will be notified at the earliest possible date upon completion of this case.

The FBI completed a name check for <FAMILY> on March 24, 2004. The results were forwarded to the USCIS Headquarters, Washington, DC.

Sincerely,

Michael A. Cannon/gmg
Chief, National Name Check
Program Section
Records Management Division

Barney_hi,
First thank you very much for good wishes. My case is not yet approved. In fact as you can find in FBI reply to my query, that though my family’s name check is clear, but by my own name check is not clear yet.

After this reply I called VSC and found out that there another security check IBIS, which is conducted by USCIS itself, is pending for all me and my family. They also told me that my case is stuck because of this internal check.
Thereafter I created another thread -http://www.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?t=182465 to establish if IBIS is the main issue not name check. In this thread post by “srichalam”, confirmed my thoughts that IBIS is bigger culprit.

My request is, if any one calls the VSC, and he/she gets the reply that the case is stuck due to security check, clarify if that security check is internal (IBIS) for external (FBI Name check), and post your experience in the thread above. That will help to overcome misconception that name check is the primary issue.

As far answer to your other part to expedite name is that there are only two ways to expedite. (1) USCIS asks FBI to expedite. Which they do if they accept some ones expedite request at their end, and if the case is pending for name check with FBI then they send expedite request to FBI. (2) Congressman/Senator put up request to FBI Congressional representative. For this you have to contact your congressperson/senator.

But before you start expedite name check process, I would recommend that you first verify with USCIS that you are stuck up due to name check not IBIS.

how do we find out if USCIS has sent a request for name check and also when they have sent it. Do we just call the customer service no?
thanks

commander said:
Barney_hi,
But before you start expedite name check process, I would recommend that you first verify with USCIS that you are stuck up due to name check not IBIS.

The problem is that they don't want to tell you! :mad: Maybe it's just my bad luck but I asked about my security checks twice - and both times the reply was "we don't share this kind of information' :( :(

I agree and understand that.
One has be lucky to talk to the right person. Try asking them "Tell me if this security check is internal or external."

Mette said:
The problem is that they don't want to tell you! :mad: Maybe it's just my bad luck but I asked about my security checks twice - and both times the reply was "we don't share this kind of information' :( :(

Hi, Commander,

Thanks a lot for the detailed information.

My case is a little special. I am the primary applicant for my family, and we all had interview at local office done a month ago. The local officer told us that everything is ok but the only thing is my name checking is still pending. He told me that we do not need an interview anymore, and as long as the FBI name checking is cleared, he will approve our cases, and order the cards.

I did contact my congresswoman, and her assistant regularily called FBI liason to get the status. I was told several times already that my case status is "Pending" in FBI database. So, I believe (hope) that is true and that is the only thing caught me stuck.

Gosh, why we are so unfortunate to fall in the 0.2% group .... When will be the end?

Good luck for you and for all of us !!

commander said:
Barney_hi,
First thank you very much for good wishes. My case is not yet approved. In fact as you can find in FBI reply to my query, that though my family’s name check is clear, but by my own name check is not clear yet.

After this reply I called VSC and found out that there another security check IBIS, which is conducted by USCIS itself, is pending for all me and my family. They also told me that my case is stuck because of this internal check.
Thereafter I created another thread -http://www.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?t=182465 to establish if IBIS is the main issue not name check. In this thread post by “srichalam”, confirmed my thoughts that IBIS is bigger culprit.

My request is, if any one calls the VSC, and he/she gets the reply that the case is stuck due to security check, clarify if that security check is internal (IBIS) for external (FBI Name check), and post your experience in the thread above. That will help to overcome misconception that name check is the primary issue.

As far answer to your other part to expedite name is that there are only two ways to expedite. (1) USCIS asks FBI to expedite. Which they do if they accept some ones expedite request at their end, and if the case is pending for name check with FBI then they send expedite request to FBI. (2) Congressman/Senator put up request to FBI Congressional representative. For this you have to contact your congressperson/senator.

Any replies from FBI ???

I am still waiting for my status inquiry mails sent to FBI in mid-dec'04 and 11 Jan '05. Still no reply. I called them up and the lady asked me to call in 4 weeks from now and she also said that it seems that as you have still not received any e-mail;probably your name check is still not completed and 'MAY BE' my emails would trigger it... Hopeless Man :(

Hey GCG, Did you get anything as I remember you had sent the mails around the same time.

Got a reply but no good luck

Finally got a reply on my request sent at end of Jan. 2005. No good luck and the message is just standard with nothing new but 'still pending' blah blah ....

Also found out that my name checking request was in March 2003, so it has been 29 months already ... Feel so dissapointed

Wait in vain ...

rohit_bha said:
I am still waiting for my status inquiry mails sent to FBI in mid-dec'04 and 11 Jan '05. Still no reply. I called them up and the lady asked me to call in 4 weeks from now and she also said that it seems that as you have still not received any e-mail;probably your name check is still not completed and 'MAY BE' my emails would trigger it... Hopeless Man :(

Hey GCG, Did you get anything as I remember you had sent the mails around the same time.

rohit_bha said:

NO, till date I didn't get any reply to my status check emails... nor I did get reply to my fax status checks as well as my status check requests sent by Priority Mail :(

I tried senator... she confirmed my pending name check and that's it... I guess I have to try a congressman to get some help... it's becoming so annoying :(

Hi rohit_bha

Which number did you call for FBI name check status?
Thanks
Sandy2000

rohit_bha said:

Where did you read that, any links??

Al_aos said:
I just read on this forum a post from a member claiming that he read on this forum that FBI will clear all backlogs by august. Has anyone else heard about that.

I called FBI Records Division yesterday and told them that my name check is pending for 2.5 years. Secretary replied that there are much older cases that are still pending and they are currently making some efforts to process all older cases. No specific dates or anything. As for e-mail requests - she told me they are processing early February inquiries.

Guys,

After reading the above responses, I am releived liitle bit. I am also in the same boat. My Labour PD is June 2001 and I-485 PD is Aug 2002.

Couple of weeks I went for an Interview thinking that this saga is over. But the INS officer's first words after the Oath was, my backgraound check is still pending (all though my wife's case has been cleared in 2003). He told me that once it is cleared, my case will be approved.

I am having a feeling that they might have request to expedite the process, because when I asked him how long it will take to clear this check, he told me it could be a day, a week or a month and he stopped right their.

I have enough bad thoughts/concerns, so I am trying to be optimistic about what he said (particularly he stpped at month).

Anyone my case was not approved at that time and also did not understood the logic of calling for an interview while background check is still pending.

Anyway I have waited so much now that I don't have any excitement/enerygy left in me.

glb.

name check.

Gegemon,
I also called and was told they are working on mid feb cases. I don't know what is true.

Pending CIA security check/namechek

I was watching this forum since last couple of weeks. and decided to share my exp. with u. I am also stuck with CIA/security check/namecheck mistry. I send handfull of letters to Newark office, contacted senator/congressman, but didn't help. i also wrote email to FBI in Aug - 2005 and same time also submitted FOIPA to FBI, but no response from FBI yet as it take quite amount of time. today its almost 2 years since i applied and 17 months after my AOS interview and no luck... :(

You are not alone and I am not far behind you.
was interview in October 2004 and still awaiting any word from the Uscis.
Stuck in the name check........
12 months since my interview.and I dont know how much longer.
have you contacted the FBI.i sent them an email in March...havnt had any reply......They according to reports on this forum are answering emails from feb right now.
I am hopefull of getting a reply by end of next month.........
Approval......I have lost all hope and faith !!!!!!!!!!!!