FBI namecheck email..anyone got response from email sent in Jan?

Got a response from FBI NNCP

Got a response saying my name check is still pending for the email sent on Jan 09, 2005.

"A review of the FBI's Name Check Program database revealed that a
request from the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) for you
was received on March 4, 2004, and is currently in a pending status.
While I cannot give an exact date for completion of this review, please
be assured that the results will be made available to the immigration
authorities as expeditiously as possible."

It is appalling to see the way FBI is functioning, putting innocent souls through mental agony. :mad:

It seems like "dogbert99" has been waiting since July '03. God knows how long it'll take for them to reach March, '04.

hello eternal_labor,

looks like i am not alone with name check issued on 03/04/04 and which is still pending... i am not really sure wtf is going on, but it seems to me that a lot of march 04 people got screwed with name checks being stuck for over a year...

have you tried anything to expedite the name check ? senators, fbi managers, etc. ?

thanks.

March 2004 name check problem

I am also March 2004 person.
Though I have not got any reply from FBI for my mail sent in Jan 2005, I am told by VSC taht my name check is pending.

GCG said:
hello eternal_labor,

looks like i am not alone with name check issued on 03/04/04 and which is still pending... i am not really sure wtf is going on, but it seems to me that a lot of march 04 people got screwed with name checks being stuck for over a year...

have you tried anything to expedite the name check ? senators, fbi managers, etc. ?

thanks.
You are not alone. My spouse's name check is also pending even though my GC has been approved over 6 months back. Can you believe it .. just hang in there. We have been sending emails to FBI for over 6 months now .. still no response.

GCG said:
hello eternal_labor,

thanks.
You are not alone. My spouses name check has been pending (or this is what USCIS gives as the reason for not approving her GC) ... and my GC was approved over 6 months back. We have been sending emails to FBI since my GC approval and no response from them. I dont think you can do anything here .. talking to senator / congress men would not help.

Tried everything

I filed for FOIA, inquiry through Congressman's office. No hope.

GCG said:
hello eternal_labor,

thanks.

inlineforgc_03 said:
rohit_bha,

Following is from the email received from FBI:
--------------------------------------------------
Due to increased national security concerns, in December 2002 to early 2003, the USCIS submitted an additional 2.7 million name checks for processing to the FBI. Although 99.8% of these cases have been finalized, our efforts to complete the remaining requests continue. This has delayed processing of other requests.

You may be assured that the immigration authorities will be advised at the
earliest possible date upon completion of your case.

Sincerely,
----------------------------------------------------------------------

USCIS had sent my Name check request to FBI on Oct 21st,2003 and as on date this is still pending. Hope this info is useful.

I got the reply exactly what you received including the USCIS Name Check sent date to FBI.
I485 ND 09/28/03
FP NOv 4 , 2004
I485 - Pending

eternal_labor said:
I filed for FOIA, inquiry through Congressman's office. No hope.

Just got a call from the senator office, the lady said they have a way to contact the fbi, but she is not going to do that for me :(

she said though, she is going to contact VSC about my case.

well, I guess I have only one option left, contact FBI senior management and if they don't respond .... well, better not even think about that option.

will be bombarding Hardy's office with emails and letters. :D

i am just afraid that there was some computer glitch with march 04 cases and a lot of them just stuck...

fbi_name_check, eternal_labor,

any of you received a response from the FBI itself with you name check status ? Not FOIPA, not USCIS... I am interested to see they the FBI got a name check request and they are processing it. otherwise it could be a situation when USCIS sent a request, but FBI never received it and the are waiting on each other... and it could be an endless wait... :(

But lot of March 2004 cases have been approved too. They must have got Name Check completed. Also, it is not any specific date which is having problem, like yours is Mar 20 and mine is Mar 15.
So it seems to be just bad luck.

when I run a script for my ND, I see about 30% of cases with FP received and case resumed message STUCK!

there is no movement at all for last 1 - 1.5 mo for my ND.

here is my speculation what happend:

VSC sent name checks in batches, some batches were processed, some got stuck for some reason: maybe they got lost and need to be resubmitted, maybe fbi invented some new random checks for some batches, who knows...

but it looks strange to me that some many people got "a hit" even taking into consideration the fact the FOIPA returns NO RECORDS ?

strange to say the least.

GL.

I did receive the message from FBI NNCP saying they have received the request from USCIS and is in a pending status.

My congressman's office says FBI has an internal deadline of Aug '05 to complete name checks for cases requiring further review. Doesn't seem like it, but still hopeful.

GCG said:
i am just afraid that there was some computer glitch with march 04 cases and a lot of them just stuck...

fbi_name_check, eternal_labor,

any of you received a response from the FBI itself with you name check status ? Not FOIPA, not USCIS... I am interested to see they the FBI got a name check request and they are processing it. otherwise it could be a situation when USCIS sent a request, but FBI never received it and the are waiting on each other... and it could be an endless wait... :(

eternal_labor said:
I did receive the message from FBI NNCP saying they have received the request from USCIS and is in a pending status.

My congressman's office says FBI has an internal deadline of Aug '05 to complete name checks for cases requiring further review. Doesn't seem like it, but still hopeful.

when did you send the email to FBI? trying to create a timeline. I sent mine on January 13th and still waiting for response.

GCG, you are right in saying that almost nothing is moving out of left over cases. I am also keeping track of some cases of my date and none of them has progressed for some time. Some of them may be retrogressed cases, and some unlucky like you amd me, who are stuck because of FBI issue. No one knows what this issue is. It may be like GCG said, the computer glitch, or some random secondary check.
eternal_labor gives some hope.

romit said:
when did you send the email to FBI? trying to create a timeline. I sent mine on January 13th and still waiting for response.

you should be getting a response soon because they replied to mine on friday for a Jan 05/06 email.

eternal_labor,

at least you know they got the request for you. you will get there, try to write to Mr Hooton.

commander,

i am speculating that most of those stuck cases are EB3, everything else has been processed... it's very unusual to see a EB2 case to be stuck with name check, mostly it's EB3...

GCG,

Just trying to understand...

How do you see a correlation between EB2 and Name Check ?

GCG said:
commander,

i am speculating that most of those stuck cases are EB3, everything else has been processed... it's very unusual to see a EB2 case to be stuck with name check, mostly it's EB3...