FBI namecheck email..anyone got response from email sent in Jan?

dogbert99

Registered Users (C)
Hi,

Has anyone recd email response sent in Jan or heard of anyone whose name check email was sent in Jan 05 and has recd it back?

tks

I did apply in the month of Jan. but still awaiting for the response, not heard from FBI yet....

Last edited by a moderator:
s24...that is very quick....did they tell you that your check was done?

rohit....you should have got an email for the december email that you sent...

Hi dogbert99,
I wish I had received any response from them, but NO. I am still waiting. I had sent another mail on 01/11/05. Don't know sending 2nd mail overwrites the first one if their system Man !!!

I sent in Dec too and still waiting

sent one on Dec 30 and again a letter in Feb this year. no response yet...

no records found

dogbert99 said:
s24...that is very quick....did they tell you that your check was done?

rohit....you should have got an email for the december email that you sent...

I work for a GOV agency...I just added a statement that I work for BLA BLA BLA agency...Not sure that might be the trigger for the quick response...they mentioned NO RECORDS FOUND in my reply...good luck..

I sent FBI an email on Jan 4, have not heard anything back from them.
My name check has been pending for 20 months since Oct 2003. My I-485 RD is Sept 2003. Did FOIPA and also sent FOPIA reply back to FBI asking for expediting the check, nothing happend. Don't know when this nightmare will end.

How to contact FBI for name check

I did my fingerprint in Apr, and called FBI that they told me fingerprint information back to USCIS. Name check is another thing? How to get the information about the progress of name check ? Where to get these information? Thanks in advance!

namecheck is different from fingerprints...you need to send an email to FBI with your A#, DOB etc to find out if they did the namecheck or not...the namecheck is a background check basically...

tks

Hi inlineforgc_03,
Could you share the results of the FBI reply ? And also what e-mail did you get the reply ? I had send e-mail to FBI for name check on 12/16 and 01/11;still waiting...

rohit_bha,

Following is from the email received from FBI:
--------------------------------------------------
Due to increased national security concerns, in December 2002 to early 2003, the USCIS submitted an additional 2.7 million name checks for processing to the FBI. Although 99.8% of these cases have been finalized, our efforts to complete the remaining requests continue. This has delayed processing of other requests.

You may be assured that the immigration authorities will be advised at the
earliest possible date upon completion of your case.

Sincerely,
----------------------------------------------------------------------

USCIS had sent my Name check request to FBI on Oct 21st,2003 and as on date this is still pending. Hope this info is useful.

follow-up question

Hi inlineforgc,
Thanks for the info !!! However I still have a question for you. How did you find out that USCIS had sent your Name check request to FBI on Oct 21st,2003 . I have tried couple of times asking the Customer Rep. in VSC, but they never gave me any information.

Thanks.

Sent email to FBI on 4th Jan 2005; received the response back on 15th June 2005 stating they responded to USCIS for the name check in Oct 2003.

-SafeNH

I just read on this forum a post from a member claiming that he read on this forum that FBI will clear all backlogs by august. Has anyone else heard about that.

just got response from the FBI saying that namecheck was completed in May

my email was sent out on 6th Jan...